ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley... Finals day!!

Aidan nails a 3! Clark throws a hot pass... tooo hot. 43-42, Cougs ball down by 1.

Foul on Seck, not even near basket or on-ball. But he gets a tip-in next time down floor... Carter short J, 45-44. Wilson fouled, one of two. Aidan drives and scores!! 46 all. Seck with loud dunk... and a swat... and Monroe scores yet again... 50-46. Callas for 3! 50-49. Seck charges on Chase Bennett! Coug ball, down 1...

Aidan with a sweet floater.. Seck misses putback, but Riordan gets a stop... Wilson fouled, makes one, missses one, rebound foul on Riordan... Coug ball 51-all. Aidan on the baseline inbound inside shot... 53-51. Miller scores for Riordan. Aidan with a fantastic move and layup... 55-53, 2:11 left...

Monroe yet again, short J... And again, a contested 3 at the buzzer! Riordan up 60-55 going into the 4th... Riordan has 60, Monroe has about 200, it seems... Actually, 38. Aidan has almost 30 by unofficial count.

Monroe is on FIRE! Clark getting into it, too... 66-57. This is like Rockem-Sockem Robots... Just slugging it out in the center of the ring...

Hey, Warriors... Sign Monroe up right now... He is killing my Cougs. 68-57.

Clark drives baseline and scores... Cougs have gone cold from outside. 70-59, 3:21 left. Monroe at line for 2... He does not miss... 72-59. 3:01 left. Coug turnover, not lookin good.

Cougs still fighting.. Callas for 3. 73-62. 2:08 left. Ain’t no quit in the Tough Kids from the Back Alleys of Moraga!

Seck scores inside with his signature floater/half-hook kinda thingie.. Funny-looking, but effective. 76-62. 1:07 left. The limo, err, bus is warming up for the trip back to Lamorinda. 76-62 final, a. Very very hgih-level ball game!!

Very good bounce back win against the high scoring Campo Cougars as Riordan takes 3rd place for the second year in a row at the Gridley Invitational. Some very nice contributions from first time appearances by Justin Miller and Tayo Kano. Player of the game was Bryce Monroe. The kid was en fuego with 24 points in the first half and I believe finishing with at least 40 points. Stats, can you confirm? Team making strides as well as new players making contributions. Non-league finishes next week with games at Stuart Hall and a big one against Modesto Christian at the Basa Merza Classic on the hilltop @ Valley Christian.

Dublin took a 7-2 lead before Salesian could even think... but then they hit a 3. 7-5.

More stats from the 3rd-4th teams... For the whole tourney, Monroe scored 75, and Aidan Mahaney scored 72.

Dublin gets it going a little, 23-17, 6:05 left in the half. Salesian at the line after a beautiful backdoor play gets Brinkman to the line.

Brinkman sinks both, 23-19. And he gets to the line again... both good. 23-21 Dublin, but they turn it over... Sawyer scores inside, ties game... Dublin scores another 3.. 26-23 Dublin, 3:40 left.

Dublin gets a stop... Salesian foul, Roy at the line... first good, 2nd good.

Bell right back with a 3... Jackson drives and scores... McKenzie scores for Salesian... 33-30.Jackson drives baseline and scores.. 35-30. Dublin rebounds a miss, Dublin drive by Oden, fouled.. FT;s good. 35.7 seconds left, 37-30 Dublin.

Salesian throws it away.. Dublin final possession... Or so I thought. Dublin driving layup rims out.. Salesain gets it to Bell... takes a shot from East Redding... GOOD! 37-33 Dublin at the half.

Ok, East Redding I made up... but the shot was just a step in from the halfcourt line.

Jackson nails a corner 3.. 40-35... Sawyer with the hoop and the harm... Bell scores on a short J off a rebound... I’m sure I missed a bunch there... 43-42 Salesian now.

Was moving positions.. sorry. Anyway... Brinkman miss, but rebound OB off Dublin. Sawyer saves a botched alleyoop and scores, but Meagher drives and scores for Dublin, fouled.. sinks it. 45 all.

Sawyer scores inside... Salesian rebounds a miuss... Bell flies downcourt, makes acrobatic layup and is fouled! 49-45, Bell at line... Good. 50-45.

Meagher nails a 3 for Dublin... and they get a stop. GORGEOUS pass from Costello to Meagher for a layup... Can you say “Coach’e kid”? Sawyer scores inside, fouled... 52-50 Salesian after missed FT.

1:24 left 3rd... Dublin turnover, carry... and a steal! Roy fouled, at line... 2 shots. He ain’t missin’... tied at 52.

Salesian turnover... Dublin turns it right back over, backcourt. Salesian tries to work it for last shot... but throws it OB. Dublin ball, 8 secconds left 3rd... They get a contested shot off, rims out. End of Q, 52-all. Classic brewing..

Salesian travels to start the q... Long 3 by Dublin bounces off. Dublin steal... Defense is solid here. Most of these turnovers were forced... They’ve battled each other to a standstill. Finally, Dublin scores, Jackson.. and he’s fouled by Sawyer... and knocks down the FT. Dublin by 3, 5:12 left... Sawyer cleans up after a rebound.. 55-54 Dublin, Salesian calls time. Sawyer makes the charity toss... Dublin ball. Roy nails a 3! And... Costello TAKES a charge! Can you say “coach’s kid”? Time out, 4:18 left, Dublin ball...

Dublin gets it inside, but can’t score... Salesian rebound, Sawyer fouled, sinks one, and another. 1-point game, Dublin in front with the ball.

Dublin gets 2 trie at it, but no go... Bell scores, but Dublin comes right in with a layup by Jackson... 60-559 Dublin, now 61-59. Coach’s kid makes yet another big play, steal leading to an alley-oop... 63-59 dublin.

Dublin works it for a corner 3, but no... Sawyer rebound, but Coach’s Kid knocks it off Salesian OB! Dublin ball, they work the clock a bit... Time out. 63-59 Dublin, 1:30 left... and Dublin ball. 9 secs on the shot clock.

Dublin fails to score, but they STEAL! They work it for an inside shot, but no go... Foul by Dublin. Salesian at the line, Bell. Misses the 1st,,, and the 2nd! Dublin corrals the board and gets it downcourt, time out Dublin! They have a FT on a foul I totally wasn’t aware of.. Missed the fT... Salesian takes it downcourt, trying to get something up... but Dublin steals again! Still 63-59, 11.2 seconds left. Dublin at stripe... made FT, Salesian downcourt, fouled (something I missed there, I know this doesn’t quite add up)... Sank one FT, which apparently was the 2nd of two. Now it’s 64-59, Salesian guy at the line (silly foul), first good, second good. Time out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT