ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley... Finals day!!

CLASSIC championship game with two very solid coaches going toe to toe and blow for blow what a game by both schools. Dublin's ball movement was the key to there run up there and they defended there tails off against some very good teams that was a one heck of a championship game.

Last edited:
Very good bounce back win against the high scoring Campo Cougars as Riordan takes 3rd place for the second year in a row at the Gridley Invitational. Some very nice contributions from first time appearances by Justin Miller and Tayo Kano. Player of the game was Bryce Monroe. The kid was en fuego with 24 points in the first half and I believe finishing with at least 40 points. Stats, can you confirm? Team making strides as well as new players making contributions. Non-league finishes next week with games at Stuart Hall and a big one against Modesto Christian at the Basa Merza Classic on the hilltop @ Valley Christian.
Riordan coach brought in players I had not seen play before and they made some nice contributions. I liked their energy, agressiveness and the ability to complete plays. I looked them up and 2 are seniors and one only a soph! They knew what their roles were and you saw them playing both ends of the court! That 6-10 kid made an immediate impact blocking shots. He knew to just hold his arms high in the air to impact the Campolindo shots. The other sr guard looked confident hitting a 3 and playing good defense on the Campolindo big scorer. Riordan presents a lot of different looks and play of these players should have the other starters and players in the rotation take notice.

That young man can play he goes to the basket hard and can also shoot it from deep. I was also impressed with Devon Jackson and Dublin's point gaurd saunders he gave salesians gaurds fits both of them had very solid showings in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT