ADVERTISEMENT

Home teams go 6-0 in the regional finals

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
I understand that there were some games not played in the home team's high school gym, but the "home" teams went 6-0 last night.

Not really surprising, but interesting no road team got on the board

There was a thread this year about high school games not getting too much fan support. I think it's def. not like that during the playoffs. Gyms were filled to the brim for pretty much all these games, and I like that the higher seeds get to host. They earned it with a regular season of quality work.

Excited to see if any of the Norcal teams can win this year. I think Logan/Chino Hills is a game that could be a first to 85 or 90 game.

Reactions: coachlittle
Don’t know the numbers but loads of people where turned away from SHELDON vs DLS and at CRC last night vs Modesto Christian

Don’t know the numbers but loads of people where turned away from SHELDON vs DLS and at CRC last night vs Modesto Christian

I don’t know if anyone was turned away, but they certainly couldn’t have fit many more into Campo’s gym last night. From Randy Bennett to Patrick Walsh to Greg Clink, it seemed that everyone was there.

Just have to prepare correctly. I arrived 75 minutes before game time and had no problem getting into Campo game. Do your homework and life has a way to work out for you.

Also plenty of teams won road games throughout the playoffs. Look at what Rocklin did? MC beat Salesian.. SJM beats Dublin... Folsom beats Riordan. List goes on and on.

I was sitting at the top of the stands midcourt on the side opposite the scorer's table. Where were you sitting LL33 and observer22? I know where Kiddman was sitting.

Sitting about 10 rows behind Serra bench. (so opposite of you). Mostly Serra parents/fans around me. They were pretty tame. Officiating was good. I like the taller bald guy. He's solid. I think the parents/fans were disappointed with how bad they shot. I mean nobody misses that many easy looks. I think the better team won and would win most games but no way is Serra that bad.

Campo did an excellent job of defending against drives and the outside shot. They had a lot of hands in the faces of Serra shooters. Rees did a good job getting to the basket, but outside of him there wasn't much.

I was sitting at the top of the stands midcourt on the side opposite the scorer's table. Where were you sitting LL33 and observer22? I know where Kiddman was sitting.

I was a couple of rows in front of Kiddman, above the Campo bench. Agree with LL on the tall bald ref being solid. I think he also did the BOD-SJM game last week.

There was a thread this year about high school games not getting too much fan support. I think it's def. not like that during the playoffs. Gyms were filled to the brim for pretty much all these games, and I like that the higher seeds get to host. They earned it with a regular season of quality work.

Excited to see if any of the Norcal teams can win this year. I think Logan/Chino Hills is a game that could be a first to 85 or 90 game.

Yeah, I started that thread about attendance... and I'm glad some folks finally decided to start going to games!

It would be nice if they moved the Nor Cal games to an exciting neutral venue next year and played them on a weekend. I understand the desire to compact the playoffs, but these games deserve to be in big venues on a weekend, not in a HS or CC gym on a Tuesday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT