ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Beat Homestead.

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
SHC set a school scoring record for most points in a game with their 58-6 victory over Homestead. Irish are 2-1. Frosh won 34-6. Looks like a good group with 45 players.

Nice crowd on the home side with a lot of students. Go Irish!

Last edited:
I remember days when SH would be on the opposite end of a blowout, other team was running it up and would fondly remember Sr. Frances saying "they got no class".... =)

Lets not schedule Homestead ever again. I hope everyone got to play, even the seldom used sophomores.

I remember days when SH would be on the opposite end of a blowout, other team was running it up and would fondly remember Sr. Frances saying "they got no class".... =)

Lets not schedule Homestead ever again. I hope everyone got to play, even the seldom used sophomores.

The starters were pulled by the third quarter and the running clock started.

You know I remember those games too, plus I go back 20 more years. At least we don't laugh at the other guys when we win big. I wish I could say the same for some other teams.

Last edited:
Irish ☘️ playing the best of the 2nd tier teams. I heard Mitty won on some questionable calls.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Just think if the Irish had won that close game with Palma AND THEN Palma took down M-A this week. The close loss to Palma looks far better than the blow-out of “Hapless Homestead”...
I had a similar thought about that.

Was at game. Big mismatch. Anxious to see Cion Dowling at qb in game 5. Believe we will see big uptick in passing game at that time. Not to knock the the two qbs who played last night who played well, considering that it's both players first year playing.

Just think if the Irish had won that close game with Palma AND THEN Palma took down M-A this week. The close loss to Palma looks far better than the blow-out of “Hapless Homestead”...

C’mon man. Rmbr26, I usually always agree with your post. But no way is a loss better or looks better than a W! It’s a loss no matter how you slice it.

C’mon man. Rmbr26, I usually always agree with your post. But no way is a loss better or looks better than a W! It’s a loss no matter how you slice it.

Beg to differ. A very close loss to a strong team can indeed be more meaningful than a rout of a pathetic, over-matched outfit that was simply cannon fodder.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT