ADVERTISEMENT

Is Pitt vs Centennial being streamed?

Its DLS big gap then Folsom another gap then it's a pick em. CVC beat Pitt who's lone win is over a winless team then they have played nobody. Pitt lone win over winless team played CVC to overtime and lost and beat bad down south. Liberty looks like possibly the sleeper to get into serious talk about leader of these 3 teams. Cal has bounced back interested to see how MV and Cal get treated by comity if the finish strong playing a much better schedule than say CVC.

A thought about the two top tier NorCal teams right now- Calpreps sees these two teams as pretty darn close. Having seen the game and the game stats, I think Calpreps is spot on. DLS number 1 with Folsom pretty darn close as of right now. The win against Chaminade on Friday should be pretty telling to see how they've progressed since week 1. It will be nice to beat a SoCal team in they're own backyard. I'm excited.

1.DLS (calpreps #10 nationally, #4 state)
2. Folsom (calpreps #14 nationally, #5 in state)
3. Big gap
4. 4 or 5 interchangeable teams.

Last edited:
Was anyone not as impressed with Cen10 as advertised? I thought this shuld have been a MUCH bigger blowout, considering we now know that Pitt is likely anywhere from #4 to #6 in NorCal, depending on who you ask.

With that said- I think a DLS or Folsom versus Cen10 would be a dandy of a game!

I think you are Half right on.this... DLS vs Cen 10 is for sure a great game... DLS coaches have their number as proven by Cen 10's record vs DLS over the years... DLS knows how to stop these spread offense high octane teams as they proved against Folsom this year... And DLS held a Cen10 team that scored 800 points to like 14 points or something in the 2015 Open game...

Folsom however has no chance... Maybe it is 35 to 14 if CC turns the ball.over 3 times like they did against PITT, but other then that Folsom is nowhere close to that level.of.play...

And Coach Logan is a great coach who has a great scheme and his teams are disciplined and compete in the southern section D1 against the top competition and make the semis, finals or win it every year so no way does a team like Folsom compete with them...

Folsom just does not challenge themselves until this year and next year with DLS, so they don't know what it takes to.beat a team of national caliber...

I mean CC ducks no one, they played IMG twice so they would not be intimidated by a team like Folsom....

Folsom should really try to schedule them next year as they have Badger and Nagata coming back to see where they stand... it would really help them to prepare to play teams like DLS and maybe they could finally get past that roadblock...

They are both public schools, if Folsom is that good, no reason they shouldn't play...

And I hate posting this because I am a nor cal fan!... But I have to keep it real...:)...

Reactions: RedZone90
3. Big gap

Other than MD and SJB, I believe Folsom and DLS would beat any team from the south.

A strong SoCal team like Chaminade is in for a painful awakening on Friday.

:)

A thought about the two top tier NorCal teams right now- Calpreps sees these two teams as pretty darn close. Having seen the game and the game stats, I think Calpreps is spot on. DLS number 1 with Folsom pretty darn close as of right now. The win against Chaminade on Friday should be pretty telling to see how they've progressed since week 1. It will be nice to beat a SoCal team in they're own backyard. I'm excited.

3. Big gap

Cal preps also predicted a Folsom win over DLS and instead Folsom was shut out... so we know how credible cal preps is...

No other "ranking" has Folsom in the top 25 nationally...

Folsom is a fringe Top Ten team in CA at best... until they prove it on the field and beat a relevant team....

Cal Preps rankings mean nothing....

And.for complete transparency, DLS is at best a top 15 team. And not top 10 and I am a DLS fan....

Some more thoughts: after the first 2 to 3 weeks Calpreps has it pretty spot on, factoring in results and stats. They do a great job with the NorCal teams. Other states not so much.

3. Big gap

On another note- I am giddy about this Chaminade game on Friday. It will be fun to get down to SoCal and get a W. West Hills is nice this time of year. Looking forward to getting down there early and soaking up some rays. Winning is fun! Life on the road baby!

I have a feeling Maxpreps will be scoring this bad boy live!

A strong SoCal team like Chaminade is in for a painful awakening on Friday.

I certainly hope so, otherwise DLS shut out win over Folsom is irrelevant and a waste of DLS time...

And Chaminade was already blown out once this year by Oaks Christian and graduated all their good players to the tune of returning like 4 starters.... so if Folsom is really that good they should win easily...

Which is likely why Folsom scheduled them...

Just keeping it real...;-)

I am excited for this game for a few reasons:

1. Chaminade College was one of the better schools in SoCal last year.

2. They return a few starters.

3. Currently #12 team in CA

4. West Hills is nice this time of year. Relatives in the area. Yayyy me!

5. Always fun to get a win down in SoCal. 6-0 against SoCal teams isnt so bad.

Ok- I'm getting giddy. Have to wait 5 more days! Anyone gonna be down there?

I have been watching games all weekend. They play a whole different game down south. You have a much more large number of outstanding athletes. Because they have a much dense population. You start bunching those athletes on certain teams each year. Most Northern California teams can't compete. You put a medium sized public against a private Southern California it's not going to be good for that nor cal team. I know that the Serra team Oakdale played looked like a college team. Folsom fans that Southern California team would eat Folsom breakfast and take their milk money! Watch MD every player is an outstanding athlete and they are well coached. Actually love to see them with IMG.

I am excited for this game for a few reasons:

1. Chaminade College was one of the better schools in SoCal last year.

2. They return a few starters.

3. Currently #12 team in CA

4. West Hills is nice this time of year. Relatives in the area. Yayyy me!

5. Always fun to get a win down in SoCal. 6-0 against SoCal teams isnt so bad.

Ok- I'm getting giddy. Have to wait 5 more days! Anyone gonna be down there?

As many have stated they aren’t what they were last year so whatever ranking they are now is based off last year. Good luck to folsom in the game it should be a easy win for bulldog nation

Reactions: THEOC89
I have been watching games all weekend. They play a whole different game down south. You have a much more large number of outstanding athletes. Because they have a much dense population. You start bunching those athletes on certain teams each year. Most Northern California teams can't compete. You put a medium sized public against a private Southern California it's not going to be good for that nor cal team. I know that the Serra team Oakdale played looked like a college team. Folsom fans that Southern California team would eat Folsom breakfast and take their milk money! Watch MD every player is an outstanding athlete and they are well coached. Actually love to see them with IMG.

Nice post!... IMG vs MD should be a great one, looking forward to that game.... Their will be 4 and 5* players all over the field it will be like watching a college game... I think MD gets them due to the fact IMG is traveling out to CA...

Reactions: coachlittle
Coaching and QB play.... Their offensive scheme is a mess and against top tier teams that gets exposed... Kudos to them for scheduling CC though, I was really hoping they would knock them off... I didn't see the game but it sounds like they have plenty of talent on that team....
Ignorance is bliss. Pitt coaches do a great job. Not many coaches could get that group of kids to play at the level they are at.

As many have stated they aren’t what they were last year so whatever ranking they are now is based off last year. Good luck to folsom in the game it should be a easy win for bulldog nation
Actually, per the most recent LA times SoCal rankings, they are a top 10 team down there. Last year, they were what? 5 or 6? Not a huge change. I think certain people are trying to distance themselves from Chaminde, knowing what awaits them.

The good new is- there is nothing they can do to stop it. The train is coming south on Friday night. Athletes galore!

You have a much more large number of outstanding athletes. Because they have a much dense population.
Agreed- which makes it even more impressive that we have a few teams that can still compete. A private, and even a public!

I still think we are doing more with less, while maintaining some moral integrity, while enjoying our historical traditions. Nothing compares!

Go NorCal!

I was at the game. When I saw Pitts line I said dam those some big boys but Centennial wore those boys down. Cc’s O line is very young they made a lot of mistake. I saw Logan yelling at them all night. The score should’ve been worst. Now That defense had Pitts O frustrated. After that first scoring drive I don’t think they had more then 2 first downs. Pitt looked the part but didn’t play the part

Cashking18 - You still have addressed why in the world Folsom scheduled Chaminade on a down year when SJB openly called them out, not a good look for Folsom.

A thought- Chaminade is a top 10 team, per the latest LA Times rankings- link above. They were around 6 or so last year, depending on the time.

Sounds like a great schedule for Folsom. Always tough to schedule a top 10 SoCal team in the preseason even if we had to go to them to get it! Road bulldogs baby!

Go Folsom!

Always tough to schedule a top 10 SoCal team in the preseason even if we had to go to them to get it! Road bulldogs baby!

Not tough to schedule a team that's openly calling you out. It's much tougher trying to explain why you dodged them. (P.S. ranks meaning nothing and are for losers, winners don't really care)

With Chaminade being a top 10 team, per the latest LA Times rankings- link above, and about #6 in SoCal last season, I can see this game being competitive. But on the other hand, the way SoCalers and others are distancing themselves from Chaminade, it could signal a big time blowout!

Always a tough time trying to get a quality SoCal opponent on the schedule when you are in demand for certain seasons. 2 quality games on the road to start the season. Pretty impressive!

Go Bulldogs! I mean, "road dawgs!"

Cashking18 - You still have addressed why in the world Folsom scheduled Chaminade on a down year when SJB openly called them out, not a good look for Folsom.

I can help with this!

Here is what happened when Bosco and CC tried to schedule Folsom this year and how Chaminade got on their schedule....

Bosco- Hi Folsom, we would like to schedule you this year to come down and play us in our brand new stadium. We are a private school with deep pockets and will pay all your expenses, fly you down 1st class, and put you up in a beautiful hotel. We would like to offer you your choice of weeks except for week 2.

Folsom- We can defiantly play you week 2!

Bosco- I think you misunderstood, we cant do any week BUT week 2, we really would like a game and can move anything else around.

Folsom- Week 2 is Perfect for us!

Bosco- Again, week 2 doesn't work, can we do anything else, we will cover everything for you.

Folsom- We are sorry, we are only open week 2 and completely booked for the next 20 years, and we cant break our commitments to Antelope in week 3... We need that game so our overmatched QB can run up his stats because he is not good vs real competition. Oh no, did I just say that out loud???

Bosco- Yes you did... It's Ok though we understand, many teams are afraid to play us so we are used to it... We sincerely apologize for calling you out on twitter, we understand you are not ready for this level of play...

Folsom- Whew!!! We dodged that one... Can someone please get Jesuit on the phone for me???

CC- Hi Folsom, we would like to see if you would like to play a game this year? We are a Public School like you and are 100% willing to pay our own way to come play in your stadium and you can keep all the money, we just want a game because we have a hard time filling out our schedule... Heck, we even had to play IMG twice just to find games....Will that work for you?

Folsom- You Played IMG twice?, OH GOD NO WE CANT SCHEDULE YOU!.... I Mean, we are very sorry but our schedule is booked for the next 25 years due to our commitments to antelope and the other terribly overmatched, I mean solid local teams on our schedule...

Now Chaminde calls Folsom....

Chaminade- Hi Folsom, this is Chaminde calling, we would like to see if you would like to play us this year?...

Folsom- Aren't you that team that almost beat Bosco last year? I am sorry, we are full...

Chaminade- That is too bad, while we did play a close one with Bosco, we have lost all of our top players to graduation, and only return a few starters... We were just hoping to add a fringe Top 10 CA team to our schedule to challenge our young players, we didn't actually think we could beat you....

Folsom- Oh Really?, As a matter of fact, we just had 4 dates open up, which one works for you?... We will even come play you at your stadium! The only Date you cant have is week 1 because we are holding that for DLS... Everyone knows that is the only weak us nor cal teams have a chance to beat them and they have all new players on their offense so we HAVE to schedule them for that week... we certainly don't want to face them when their offense gets rolling... Why do you think we got the "Folsom Rule" enacted....

There it is according to my "sources" that is exactly how it went down! Now you know how the #9 team in CA put together their monster schedule this year!

Some thoughts- While Chaminade is a top 10 team, per the latest LA Times rankings- link above, they were around 6 or so last year, depending on the time. I'm glad this game is happening. A quick look at Folsom below:

Current Folsm ranks over Calpreps:
#5 in CA
#13 nationally

Go Road Dawgs! Own them SoCalers!

I can help with this!

Here is what happened when Bosco and CC tried to schedule Folsom this year and how Chaminade got on their schedule....

Bosco- Hi Folsom, we would like to schedule you this year to come down and play us in our brand new stadium. We are a private school with deep pockets and will pay all your expenses, fly you down 1st class, and put you up in a beautiful hotel. We would like to offer you your choice of weeks except for week 2.

Bosco- I think you misunderstood, we cant do any week BUT week 2, we really would like a game and can move anything else around.

Bosco- Again, week 2 doesn't work, can we do anything else, we will cover everything for you.

Folsom- We are sorry, we are only open week 2 and completely booked for the next 20 years, and we cant break our commitments to Antelope in week 3... We need that game so our overmatched QB can run up his stats because he is not good vs real competition. Oh no, did I just say that out loud???

Bosco- Yes you did... It's Ok though we understand, many teams are afraid to play us so we are used to it... We sincerely apologize for calling you out on twitter, we understand you are not ready for this level of play...

Folsom- Whew!!! We dodged that one... Can someone please get Jesuit on the phone for me???

CC- Hi Folsom, we would like to see if you would like to play a game this year? We are a Public School like you and are 100% willing to pay our own way to come play in your stadium and you can keep all the money, we just want a game because we have a hard time filling out our schedule... Heck, we even had to play IMG twice just to find games....Will that work for you?

Folsom- You Played IMG twice?, OH GOD NO WE CANT SCHEDULE YOU!.... I Mean, we are very sorry but our schedule is booked for the next 25 years due to our commitments to antelope and the other terribly overmatched, I mean solid local teams on our schedule...

Chaminade- Hi Folsom, this is Chaminde calling, we would like to see if you would like to play us this year?...

Folsom- Aren't you that team that almost beat Bosco last year? I am sorry, we are full...

Chaminade- That is too bad, while we did play a close one with Bosco, we have lost all of our top players to graduation, and only return a few starters... We were just hoping to add a fringe Top 10 CA team to our schedule to challenge our young players, we didn't actually think we could beat you....

Folsom- Oh Really?, As a matter of fact, we just had 4 dates open up, which one works for you?... We will even come play you at your stadium! The only Date you cant have is week 1 because we are holding that for DLS... Everyone knows that is the only weak us nor cal teams have a chance to beat them and they have all new players on their offense so we HAVE to schedule them for that week... we certainly don't want to face them when their offense gets rolling... Why do you think we got the "Folsom Rule" enacted....

There it is according to my "sources" that is exactly how it went down! Now you know how the #9 team in CA put together their monster schedule this year!
Bashing on a HS kid smh what are you doing with your life

Reactions: cashisking18
Even tho scheduling chaminade was a weak move I gotta cheer for the north on this one plus it’ll look better when grant beats folsom

Even tho scheduling chaminade was a weak move I gotta cheer for the north on this one plus it’ll look better when grant beats folsom
How so? They are a top 10 team in SoCal? Should they have declined?

There are 585 High Schools in Southern California. Top 10 is weak? Tough bar I guess.

Last edited:
My thoughts are this after thinking for a while- a top 10 schedule of a SoCal team ON THE ROAD is pretty darn good. A public school from the north going south to take on a very good private.

A win in my book!

Road Dawgs!

Bashing on a HS kid smh what are you doing with your life

Who's Bashing a HS Kid?... The QB position at Folsom is over matched when it comes to playing the top competition... That's been going on for years as proven by their 0-3 record against DLS being outscored 108 to 38 and finally being shut out this year... That's not any of the kids fault's, that has to do with coaching and preparation to play in those big games....

Maybe if year in and year out they challenged themselves rather then waiting for their "Best team ever" since their overrated 2014 team, things would work out differently for them...

Now if you want to accuse me of bashing the Folsom program, I would agree with you... I have no respect for a program that runs up the score on over matched teams just so their QB position can get a meaningless record of 91 TD's... That is much more offensive and classless then anything I have posted...

Lighten up....

it is really easy to hide behind a keyboard and talk smack about coaches (of any school not just pitt)

at the end of the day these guys are donating countless hours of their time trying to help kids out. They maybe make a couple thousand bucks to coach (basically year round with weights, practice, 7on7) and they end up spending all of that on feeding the kids on their team and driving them around.

If you have al the answers you should probably get a whistle, type up your resume and start applying. On this site i have seen numerous school's coaching staffs get attacked and talked down on. None of these guys are going go the NFL or plan to coach college. Let them do their best to help the kids on their team become better young men. If you don't like it your two options are to shut up, or to go become a coach yourself so you can fix all of the problems you see through your computer screen.

Galli has a sweet gig with FULL support from the district. The talent they have year in & year out is easily comparable to City SF & Laney.
Expecting results from a coach that has everything going for him including daily weight training classes with all his athletes is not asking too much.

I agree with everything you say about coaches who are off-campus making 2k a year with low numbers & talent.

Not the case @ Pitt. Every high school coaches DREAM situation. Should be a national power.

I can help with this!

Don’t really like to see programs bashed, but that is funny

Galli has a sweet gig with FULL support from the district. The talent they have year in & year out is easily comparable to City SF & Laney.
Expecting results from a coach that has everything going for him including daily weight training classes with all his athletes is not asking too much.

I agree with everything you say about coaches who are off-campus making 2k a year with low numbers & talent.

Not the case @ Pitt. Every high school coaches DREAM situation. Should be a national power.

True statement. It's much easier to blame a outside source for failures than to look in the mirror to find the root of the problem however.

Not the case @ Pitt. Every high school coaches DREAM situation. Should be a national power.[/QU
Agree with this. At the rate Pitt has developed really good athletes, they are poised to become a national power. The program is essentially competitive vis-a-vis other power programs whether public or private. Yes they lose to powerhouse teams be it from North or South but they also win over them in their series. Pitt just havent reached its pinnacle growth vs Cen10. But it will come; because Pitt challenges itself each year. DLS is also in its target; Pitt holds the distinction of having beaten DLS in NCS championship. I wouldnt be surprised to see Pitt win the rest of its preseason and league games until playoffs. Galli knows the team needs to win the rest of the games to make it to Open! The coaches get wiser as they learn from their mistakes; theyre not brain-dead. Pitt has the raw talent and athletes and resources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT