ADVERTISEMENT

Is Pitt vs Centennial being streamed?

I respect and appreciate coach Galli for scheduling tough SoCal teams but coaching matters. Superior athletic talent only goes so far. Especially when you meet up with a program just as talented.

I think it's good they're playing these games. Not many teams in NorCal will really make them work like this. You need challenges to get better.

Centennial is more football-intelligent... they understand the game better. Really, Pitt has more raw talent, but Centennial has much better coaching.

Another pick... on 4th down... putting the ball 10 yards behind where if they just knocked it down.

Anyone with similar talent should beat the Pirates, in my opinion.
Sad but true. Every year Pitt has talent, size , speed.Easy to say there season ends vs DLS every year, but there is something else missing. Can’t put my finger on it

Sad but true. Every year Pitt has talent, size , speed.Easy to say there season ends vs DLS every year, but there is something else missing. Can’t put my finger on it

Coaching and QB play.... Their offensive scheme is a mess and against top tier teams that gets exposed... Kudos to them for scheduling CC though, I was really hoping they would knock them off... I didn't see the game but it sounds like they have plenty of talent on that team....

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Coaching and QB play.... Their offensive scheme is a mess and against top tier teams that gets exposed... Kudos to them for scheduling CC though, I was really hoping they would knock them off... I didn't see the game but it sounds like they have plenty of talent on that team....

The main difference between the North and the South isn't all talent, or transfers, or whatever excuse can be thought up. Its coaching and preparation. Folks up north here have built in excuses for losing when reality is it takes work to win there isn't any short cuts. Look at how everybody reacts to DLS success. It's nothing but excuses, they ignore the coaching, the commitment, the discipline and work those kids and that programs puts in. It's pathetic and it starts with the adults.

I said in an earlier thread this week that Pitt will get boat raced in this game. Coaching was the only reason I said that. Coaching matters in these types of match-ups. Coach Lad took his DLS team into SoCal against a superior talented LB JackRabbits team and came out victorious. Coach Lad showed what good NorCal coaching can do. Coach Galli and many other NorCal top rated coaches are not ready for the SoCal big hitters. They need to elevate their game. Plain and simple.

I respect and appreciate coach Galli for scheduling tough SoCal teams but coaching matters. Superior athletic talent only goes so far. Especially when you meet up with a program just as talented.

C’mon, Galli is a disciple of Lad and a DLS alum. You can’t be implying that coaching played a role here.

When the bowl games were first implemented, I thought different. I left thinking the NorCal players were better coached and had bigger desire to win than the SoCal player's. Their tackling technique were right on .
Two games that come to mind are Cardinal Newman vs OC and Folsom vs Serra. On paper, with all the talent the SoCal teams had, those games shouldn't have been convincing victories for SoCal.
Its hard to prepare for cc. Specially rarea in the season.

Reactions: slick58
Pitt had often been inconsistent in early part of the season. But they get stronger after their toughest games. They got good athletes so one can say that their coaches wise up after tough losses and goes on to win through playoff finals. Am betting Pitt will meet an SS team come State finals; they already know they can do it!

Was at the Freedom game and we were streaming the Pitt game. Two things that impressed me was Cal steeping up after Antioch loss to beat Freedom, and Pitt holding Centennial to 35. If Pitt is holding that team to 35 points than I don’t see how anyone other than De La Salle beats them from here on out.

I have a much different opinion... I think there’s a pretty good chance that Pitt misses the NCS Open Division altogether. If they lose to Liberty (I give that a 40-45% chance of happening right now), then they’ll be on the outside looking in. It will be DLS, Liberty, the EBAL-Mountain runner-up, and CVC.

It’s not about the players getting better. It’s about the coaching staff. Galli’s been there a while. The mistakes I saw were things that should have been addressed a long time ago, especially since this team is nearly intact from last year.

Reactions: THEOC89
When the bowl games were first implemented, I thought different. I left thinking the NorCal players were better coached and had bigger desire to win than the SoCal player's. Their tackling technique were right on .
Two games that come to mind are Cardinal Newman vs OC and Folsom vs Serra. On paper, with all the talent the SoCal teams had, those games shouldn't have been convincing victories for SoCal.
Its hard to prepare for cc. Specially rarea in the season.

This game wasn’t about preparation. Pitt actually did look fairly prepared. It’s about the details of the game that the program seems to be lacking. The offensive play calling and lack of adjustments were something I’d expect to see at the JV level.

Like I said before, the losses to CVC and Narbonne now make complete sense.

Was anyone not as impressed with Cen10 as advertised? I thought this shuld have been a MUCH bigger blowout, considering we now know that Pitt is likely anywhere from #4 to #6 in NorCal, depending on who you ask.

With that said- I think a DLS or Folsom versus Cen10 would be a dandy of a game!

And I'm a disciple of the late great Bill Walsh and I have nothing to show for it.

No intention to hijack the direction of this post but if we are talking about sound coaching and how effective it is with individuals I have to mention Big Ed "the premature rejectionator" Stanky.
After 1 win and only 1 day on the job he told the Texas Rangers "This job stinks. I am out of here!!" And so The coach rode off into the sunset with a 1.000 winning record on his resume .....an inspiration to me every morning I crawl, roll or stagger out of bed to get ready for another day of work.

Was at the Freedom game and we were streaming the Pitt game. Two things that impressed me was Cal steeping up after Antioch loss to beat Freedom, and Pitt holding Centennial to 35. If Pitt is holding that team to 35 points than I don’t see how anyone other than De La Salle beats them from here on out.

They gave up almost 500 yards to CC, got 3 turnovers from CC and still gave up 35 points. I'm all for looking for positives in everything but can't ignore reality here. Pitt is poorly coached and routinely under achieves with the talent they have and get.

Reactions: seraphstorm
They gave up almost 500 yards to CC, got 3 turnovers from CC and still gave up 35 points. I'm all for looking for positives in everything but can't ignore reality here. Pitt is poorly coached and routinely under achieves with the talent they have and get.

I agree, if CC doesn't turn it over 3 times they score 50... CC is very impressive, I just don't know what to make of PITT other then they are the same that they are every year... They have to get better coaching and a better scheme that puts their QB's in a position to succeed... Every year it is the same problems Undisciplined and poor QB play, and that is a direct reflection of the coaching the team receives.... Their come from ahead loss in the SBG last year is another example of these weaknesses...

Their come from ahead loss in the SBG last year is another example of these weaknesses...

The SBG game highlighted the issues. How about the DLS win streak in NorCal as highlighting the issues for every team in NorCal? It's easier to complain and make excuses than to bite the bullet and follow a model that works. Accountability, hard work, discipline, etc.......

Pitt is the 4th ot 5th best team in NorCal this year. To use that as a measuring stick for SoCal teams is flat out dumb.

Pitt is playing it safe. If SoCal schools REALLY want a Folsom or DLS outside a bowl game it can happen. Instead they send Chaminade to the wolves.

it is really easy to hide behind a keyboard and talk smack about coaches (of any school not just pitt)

at the end of the day these guys are donating countless hours of their time trying to help kids out. They maybe make a couple thousand bucks to coach (basically year round with weights, practice, 7on7) and they end up spending all of that on feeding the kids on their team and driving them around.

If you have al the answers you should probably get a whistle, type up your resume and start applying. On this site i have seen numerous school's coaching staffs get attacked and talked down on. None of these guys are going go the NFL or plan to coach college. Let them do their best to help the kids on their team become better young men. If you don't like it your two options are to shut up, or to go become a coach yourself so you can fix all of the problems you see through your computer screen.

it is really easy to hide behind a keyboard and talk smack about coaches (of any school not just pitt)

at the end of the day these guys are donating countless hours of their time trying to help kids out. They maybe make a couple thousand bucks to coach (basically year round with weights, practice, 7on7) and they end up spending all of that on feeding the kids on their team and driving them around.

If you have al the answers you should probably get a whistle, type up your resume and start applying. On this site i have seen numerous school's coaching staffs get attacked and talked down on. None of these guys are going go the NFL or plan to coach college. Let them do their best to help the kids on their team become better young men. If you don't like it your two options are to shut up, or to go become a coach yourself so you can fix all of the problems you see through your computer screen.

Ok, sure... let’s go ahead and just pat everyone on the shoulder for effort. We won’t express dismay or joy at the results, because that might promote a comparison of how one is doing a job (volunteer or otherwise) versus another. While we’re at it, let’s do away with rankings and playoffs because... you know, everyone puts in effort, so all should be equally rewarded. Should we do away with keeping score, too?

Also, if any coach gets fired for the performance of their team, then EBD, you make sure you’re first in line to protest, demand they get their job back, and reassure the school that it’s their effort that matters, not the results on the field.

Ok, sure... let’s go ahead and just pat everyone on the shoulder for effort. We won’t express dismay or joy at the results, because that might promote a comparison of how one is doing a job (volunteer or otherwise) versus another. While we’re at it, let’s do away with rankings and playoffs because... you know, everyone puts in effort, so all should be equally rewarded. Should we do away with keeping score, too?

Also, if any coach gets fired for the performance of their team, then EBD, you make sure you’re first in line to protest, demand they get their job back, and reassure the school that it’s their effort that matters, not the results on the field.

Great Post!... @EastBayDad , No one said PITT coach should be fired or anything of the sort... this is just an analysis of how a team has played on the field with the same issues of being undisciplined and a lack of QB play...

Galli has the utmost respect from everyone, he schedules one of So Cals top 3 teams to challenge his team and never complains about having to play DLS every single year to win a section title... In all actuality he seems to relish it... and he was the last coach to beat DLS so he is on a level that no other cal coach in the last 20 years can claim...

The bottom line is when year in and year out your team is undisciplined and you cant coach up a quarterback, maybe you need to bring in some help or change things up with your system...

Just look at the team he has stepped up to play the last 2 years... Coach Logan is a public school coach but his players are disciplined and put in a position to succeed every year against top competition... He like Galli Ducks no one, but his team is well prepared and ready to go...

PITT just doesn't seem like that... Again, no one is saying Galli is a bad coach, person or a defunct leader and mentor to young men, it fact he is the opposite.... he just needs to figure it out and try something different... because what he is doing is just not working...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result...

Just look at DLS... they have won being a running team and this year they are working hard on the pass.... Change it up, it will all be OK...:)

Reactions: What in the
Great Post!... @EastBayDad

Galli has the utmost respect from everyone,... and he was the last coach to beat DLS so he is on a level that no other cal coach in the last 20 years can claim...

Sorry OC, even coach Galli can’t make that claim. That claim belongs to Herc Pardi, who was the head coach at Pitt when they beat DLS in the NCS championship game in 1991. He was also the head coach at Clayton Valley when they tied the green machine in 2004.

Sorry OC, even coach Galli can’t make that claim. That claim belongs to Herc Pardi, who was the head coach at Pitt when they beat DLS in the NCS championship game in 1991. He was also the head coach at Clayton Valley when they tied the green machine in 2004.

You are so Right!!! My Bad, What was I thinking???... Too Many IPA's... My brother even Played for Herc at CV in the 90's... What a bad miss by me!!!... I am going to get some ribbing from him for that one!!...:)

Reactions: observer22
I said I was watching the game online and watching one live at the same time first of all. Hahaha. And I haven’t seen anything so far that says they gave up 500 yards of offense to Centennial but would love the link. I did read this though...

https://www.pe.com/2018/08/31/cente...s-from-reggie-retzlaff-to-get-past-pittsburg/

I said I was watching the game online and watching one live at the same time first of all. Hahaha. And I haven’t seen anything so far that says they gave up 500 yards of offense to Centennial but would love the link. I did read this though...

https://www.pe.com/2018/08/31/cente...s-from-reggie-retzlaff-to-get-past-pittsburg/

I said "almost" 500 yards and it's states that in the highlight video on Maxpreps. Either way Cen10 didn't play well by their standards and turned the ball over enough to lose. Yet still beat Pitt by 4 scores, call me crazy no silver lining in that.

I said "almost" 500 yards and it's states that in the highlight video on Maxpreps. Either way Cen10 didn't play well by their standards and turned the ball over enough to lose. Yet still beat Pitt by 4 scores, call me crazy no silver lining in that.
You’re crazy

Lol.

Reactions: cashisking18
With Folsom, Pitt and Serra shitting the bed, What is the NorCal top 5 ?

1.DLS
2.CVC
3.Del Oro/Liberty-Tie-Both very impressive so far.
4. PITT-They will get better, Tons of talent.
5. Folsom-Haven't beaten anyone of note, they can move up if the beat Chaminade, even though they lost all their top players to graduation... it's not the same level as playing Corona Centennial...

Central Catholic is a close #6, I thought they were impressive against DLS, they actually managed to score against DLS 1st team defense...

1. DLS (calpreps #10 nationally, #4 state)
2. Folsom (calpreps #14 nationally, #5 in state)
Huge gap
3. CVC
4. Pitt
5. Central Catholic

Last edited:
Cv or Pitt can give Folsom a run for their money

I agree, not super impressed with Folsom this year... I think their QB is very overrated.... any team that mounts a consistent pass rush will give him big problems....

They will get their chance to prove it on the field so they can move up... They play Del Oro and if they get by them they will play Liberty, PITT or CVC in the D1 bowl play in game so we will see how that goes...

A lot of football left to still be played...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT