ADVERTISEMENT

Je'lani Clark of Riordan

I was too young to see those Drake guys play, but there was a time when i could name all those guys on the 82 team.I haven't retained the info, just that Fulton was a year younger.
I need a little help filling in the blanks. Didn't Drake have another great roll with Lavin and Kenilvort ? I think Kenilvort went to Santa Clara. They also had one or two other really good players but I can't remember.

I need a little help filling in the blanks. Didn't Drake have another great roll with Lavin and Kenilvort ? I think Kenilvort went to Santa Clara. They also had one or two other really good players but I can't remember.

I never watched them play, and i would love a history lesson. Lavin was on the team but I don't think he was a starter or star - but did play D3. Dan Hunt was another D1 guy, and his sons played at Drake within the last decade.

Al Johnson went to CCSF and after 2 years turned down a D1 ride to attend Hayward St. Officer Johnson is now keeping the mean streets of SF safe!

Current Marin Catholic Head Coach, Mike Saia, and his younger brother, Jim Saia, who is the head coach of Cal State LA were also a part of that Drake dynasty, as were the Chavez brothers, Eddie Joe and Bucky.

Drake grad here. Two years before the great 82 team. The starting lineup was Doug Dibley (Dan Dibley of 95.7 brother), Jim Saia who played at Cal Poly, Steve Kenilvort (Santa Clara), Chris Fulton (Utah) and Dan Hunt (Portland).

Reactions: WM483
Yes, WM483 Jeff Thilgen is who I was thinking of. SI beat Cal #1 Manual Arts of LA by 19 after being up be 26 in the third qtr of the first game of the then TOC.

Lol...just can't get away .lol...thank you

I wished the camera panned over to you when the boys' eyes started to welled up to see if Papa Monroe let those tears flow. Real show of being a complete human being for a man to cry and to cry from sheer emotional love. This aint even about basketball either. Much love and seeing these two progress through life.

Oh, I also took away from that video that setting up a boarding program can lure east bay talent over to the city. Take note SH.

I wished the camera panned over to you when the boys' eyes started to welled up to see if Papa Monroe let those tears flow. Real show of being a complete human being for a man to cry and to cry from sheer emotional love. This aint even about basketball either. Much love and seeing these two progress through life.

Oh, I also took away from that video that setting up a boarding program can lure east bay talent over to the city. Take note SH.
It's been a journey for sure. It was an emotional day for those who truly know all that it takes for these kids to live out their dreams. Honestly Sacred Heart played a huge role with our son. Bryce has reached out to some faculty and Coach Mackay for his time there and support. Former SHC coach Todd Chesebro was in attendance. It was good day. Coach Forslund was in attendance as well. Really appreciative of the support for Bryce and Je'lani.
I honestly did get a little emotional because I had to take a step back and look at what my son said to me about always being in coach mode. I knew he had to be tough as nails as a small guard so I never let him have an excuse. I really have to focus on being his dad and support him more this year and the years to follow. Tears of joy was definitely there as I watched these two kids mature into young men . Late nights , early mornings, travel etc...they still have a ways to go but hopefully they stay on the right track , enjoy the journey and live the dream!
I want to take time to thank Phil and Raym for everything, Melvin Landry, Will Power, Pattie Turner, Milo, Cuft, Simply basketball (Terrence) , KnewWhen( George) , Joey and Danny Curtin, HypeFlicks, SHC Faculty and staff and everyone who helped through the process.

It's been a journey for sure. It was an emotional day for those who truly know all that it takes for these kids to live out their dreams. Honestly Sacred Heart played a huge role with our son. Bryce has reached out to some faculty and Coach Mackay for his time there and support. Former SHC coach Todd Chesebro was in attendance. It was good day. Coach Forslund was in attendance as well. Really appreciative of the support for Bryce and Je'lani.
I honestly did get a little emotional because I had to take a step back and look at what my son said to me about always being in coach mode. I knew he had to be tough as nails as a small guard so I never let him have an excuse. I really have to focus on being his dad and support him more this year and the years to follow. Tears of joy was definitely there as I watched these two kids mature into young men . Late nights , early mornings, travel etc...they still have a ways to go but hopefully they stay on the right track , enjoy the journey and live the dream!
I want to take time to thank Phil and Raym for everything, Melvin Landry, Will Power, Pattie Turner, Milo, Cuft, Simply basketball (Terrence) , KnewWhen( George) , Joey and Danny Curtin, HypeFlicks, SHC Faculty and staff and everyone who helped through the process.

Amen Renard. Bryce is very bright and has awareness. I love how he and the family when deciding to move on from SH just simply put it that he was not happy. He didnt throw anyone under the bus. He didnt point fingers. No fictional stories were created. He put it on himself went out to seek his own happiness. And thats what life is in many aspects. Pursuing your own happiness through trials and errors. SH played a part in Bryce's growth and pursuit. So it didnt work out like a marriage but each party moved on create their own happiness/successes.

Bryce's admissions about your relationship with you, good and bad, and his ability to define papa Monroe and coach Monroe really lets you into Bryce's inner thoughts about what he needs to work on as a person and a son, and to you as a dad. When I was 17, I'd never even think about doing what Bryce did. I was too scared of my dad. I just didnt want to disappoint him. In any case, that kid loves you. He's going to grow up to be a real inspirational person. Be very proud papa Monroe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT