ADVERTISEMENT

Jonas Honick back at Branson

Branson just made themselves a state title contender in a year or so. The rest of Marin County just made a sour face.

Are there any online games of his teams available anywhere when he won the 3 titles in a row? I have heard so many positive things about him and his coaching. I would love to see his former teams play and look very foward to seeing his future teams play.

More like every small school in the state...

I will have to concur about Jonas.
And if anyone thinks they were just a Div 5 team. I will tell you they could play with anyone. In the two years they came to Gridley , they lost 4 close games.competing against Div 1 teams.
To teams such as Newark Memorial who went on to play in the state championship. Cornerstone Christian ranked in the top 5 school from Texas, branson took them to overtime.
They beat fremont of Oakland , San leandro, Beating a Loaded Modesto Christian team 4 years in a row for a Norcal Championships.
In the state championship against Renaissance, a huge team lot's of scorers.
Renaissance was averaging 60-70 ppg. This was a team used to scoring and having there way. At the half the score was something like 18-13 branson. I told the kids I brought that branson had an insurmountable lead.
I still use the Branson Cornerstone Christian video as a defensive clinic teaching tool.
Best high school coach I ever saw. Here's one for ya.
Im sitting behind Branson's bench, Kid makes a less than optimum team play. Jonas pulls him off the floor, sits' him down and looks him in the eye and says calmly and firmly ( YOU ARE NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE !
Well that's all it took for the kid to snap out of what ever he was doing,. you would have thought it was cruel and unusual punisment.
And he accomplished all those championships with 7 or 8 future Dentists

Reactions: coach_a
Marcskit how do I message you on here or how can I get in touch w/you. Would love to ask you a few questions on this particular topic. Thanks in advance.

You can message on the site by clicking on the envelope on the top right corner of the screen.

Thanks so much marcskit & streak one! Been on a cruise for 9 days. Will message you tonight marcskit.

Hey caoch a. Feel free to ask away on here.

I coach in Fl and have for the past 28 yrs. I am constantly online watching games of well-coached high school teams to better myself as a coach and therefore my team. I have watched Coach Allocco from Cali, exchanged emails as well. Have talked on the phone with Craig Ashmore from NM, so in saying all of that I have long known about Coach Honick but didn't figure I would ever get to see him coach again or see any of his game films. Do you know where I might could see some of these? I don't mind paying for films if they cost. Just love watching great coaches in my effort to continue to improve as a successful coach. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: relittleton

I coach in Fl and have for the past 28 yrs. I am constantly online watching games of well-coached high school teams to better myself as a coach and therefore my team. I have watched Coach Allocco from Cali, exchanged emails as well. Have talked on the phone with Craig Ashmore from NM, so in saying all of that I have long known about Coach Honick but didn't figure I would ever get to see him coach again or see any of his game films. Do you know where I might could see some of these? I don't mind paying for films if they cost. Just love watching great coaches in my effort to continue to improve as a successful coach. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering marcskit did you get this message. You had told me to ask on here. Thanks in advance.

Just wondering marcskit did you get this message. You had told me to ask on here. Thanks in advance.
Coach a. I just have the one copy. My Email is Marcskit@sbcglobal.net

Just sent you an email Marcskit. It will be from Matt Anderson. A gmail account. Sorry it was so lengthy. I tend to get carried away when talking hoops and coaches. Thanks for your time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT