ADVERTISEMENT

Open Round 1

M.C. fan

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2022
Tonight, we get two great Open Northern California Basketball games.

Branson at Clovis North:
So many possibilities with this showdown!! Branson defense will have to slow down the Amundsen Brothers tenacity.
Carr and Butler will have to do what St. Joseph found hard to do, make your shots. Bulls' road to the Open with wins over Clayton Valley Charter, loss to DLS, and a win over San Ramon Valley. They have played four of the 12 Open teams. Wins over Riordan, loss to (3 pt.) St. Joseph 1/15/24 and another close loss to Roosevelt of Eastvale. Branson 8-0 Marin County league have begun a new era as the boys from Ross are trying to be the Top dog. Clovis North 9-1 in Tri-Rivers
defeated Edison of Fresno, Bakersfield Christian, Clovis East and took down St. Joseph. Only two players on the roster are 6'6. The Broncos are at home and will have a packed house.

Going with Branson in a mild upset-63-60

Modesto Christian at De La Salle:
De La Salle will be at home to another sold-out packed frenzy on Winton drive. The Spartans last game versus the Crusaders was last March 4th in Modesto. The Crusaders held on to win a narrow victory 57-56. De La Salle who has Blair, Ricketts, Pelosi and a deep bench will make it very hard for the MC squad of Jones, Sykes, Washington, Johnson to get any runs or easy baskets. The Spartans have played a much stronger schedule this season, with wins over Branson and San Ramon Valley. Loss in the North Coast Open Section Championships to top seeded Salesian at Contra Costa College, 53-42. DLS strong all year in the toughest league in Nor-Cal 9-0. DLS is 3-2 in February. MC played with precaution early in the year as transfers became eligible after Christmas. MC although contested by Lincoln and St. Mary's of Stockton was able to go 11-0 in Tri-City action. MC will be the underdog.

Going with MC 61-52

Reactions: larry legend33
Been to two games at DLS this season
While MC has the goods to possibly pull the Small upet you have to over come alot of obstacles to win on Winton drive.

Reactions: M.C. fan
These are really great games, coaches, kids, etc. Good luck.
I will stay with the home teams tnite although these are both tossups.

Clovis North! I think they take that momentum and home court advantage. Very few teams alive can play down 10-12 points like they can. Meaning they can run off points like no other. I got them in a nail biter against Branson.

DLS vs MC - I've been wrong about MC all year. Didn't see them making it this far to be honest. Why change now. :) I think DLS is a little too experienced and tough at home. The young MC Crusaders will be a force next yeear.

These are really great games, coaches, kids, etc. Good luck.
I will stay with the home teams tnite although these are both tossups.

Clovis North! I think they take that momentum and home court advantage. Very few teams alive can play down 10-12 points like they can. Meaning they can run off points like no other. I got them in a nail biter against Branson.

DLS vs MC - I've been wrong about MC all year. Didn't see them making it this far to be honest. Why change now. :) I think DLS is a little too experienced and tough at home. The young MC Crusaders will be a force next yeear.
I got Branson winning on the road and DLS pulling away in a close one against MC.

These are about as top notch a game as you will find in NorCal.

Give me the NCS teams both to win by double digits

Heading to Winton Drive soon - haven't seen MC play this year so have ZERO idea what they bring to the table. Ditto Clovis North. I do know that Branson is battle tested and won't back down to any competition. I expect the atmosphere at DLS to be OFF the chain tonight - can't wait!

Of course, the empty gym earlier was due to the fact the doors weren’t open yet…. but who’s counting?? 🙂

Blair hits at the buzzer… 41-38 DLS afrer 3 q’s. He tweaked his knee a bit earlier, but seems okay, at least while he’s still warm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT