ADVERTISEMENT

King Wilhite

And another one down… another one bites the dust.
Good ole red rock. Leaving the brothers on phelan Ave

I plead ignorance on Red Rock Academy, but what's the end goal of this? I'm cheering for King to do well, but this is a head scratcher.

I’m shaking my head too. He was set up to have a memorable senior season. I wish him the best, too. But his timing is terrible in respect to his team that he leaves.

I’m shaking my head too. He was set up to have a memorable senior season. I wish him the best, too. But his timing is terrible in respect to his team that he leaves.
Yes, this should have been a decision already made before the season started. Head scratcher

You know.. we all wish him well but what about his teammates and coaches these kids leave them high and dry? I’m sure they aren’t slapping him on the ass and saying great job. Problem with our society is we don’t call this behavior out. Great job. Best wishes. Thanks a bunch. How about what a d*cK and selfish move. Because that is what it is.

I wish him all the best at the next level - won't speculate as to why he's leaving Riordan . Seemed committed to Riordan as a multi-sport athlete so the timing is a bit puzzling to say the least. Guess the WCAL is Mitty's to lose now.

Reactions: Scott2138
Riordan Kids who transferred or sitting out that would have been on this year’s roster:
  • 6-8 Jr. Zion Sensley - Prolific Prep
  • 5-10 Sr. Antonio Arenas - El Camino
  • 6-4 Sr. Quentin Kennedy - Lincoln
  • 6-5 Jr. Cortevious Taylor - Lincoln
  • 5-10 Jr. Quinton Bundage - Liberty
  • 6-0 Sr. King Wilhite - Red Rock
  • 6-6 Sr Isiah Chala - focused on Football

The clock has already started for when Jasir Rencher gets pilfered. On another note, Wilhite loss is a big deal but Riordan still pretty loaded. Expect Rencher and Hilman to have an increase in shot attempts.

Riordan Kids who transferred or sitting out that would have been on this year’s roster:
  • 6-8 Jr. Zion Sensley - Prolific Prep
  • 5-10 Sr. Antonio Arenas - El Camino
  • 6-4 Sr. Quentin Kennedy - Lincoln
  • 6-5 Jr. Cortevious Taylor - Lincoln
  • 5-10 Jr. Quinton Bundage - Liberty
  • 6-0 Sr. King Wilhite - Red Rock
  • 6-6 Sr Isiah Chala - focused on Football
Riordan always gets them just can't keep them recently....Whatever the price is, its Riordan that loses.

Wow. I am suprised.. People always said it was gonna happen. But when it didn't happen during the summer, I thought he would finish high school at 175 Phelan.

This is a Bad move and bad timing. If you are gonna leave do it at the start of the year. Before school starts. Why do it midstream?

Red Rock. Never heard of the program and I am very familiar with prep programs. This is an upstart program. A second tier program. What is the schools track record? If this was Proflic or AZ Compass or even So Cal Academy I can see it. This is a head scratcher. This is a bad bad bad move. I hope it works out for the young man, but there are alot of ? and red flags with this one. 😔

Reactions: ARHS92 and ayalar09
You know.. we all wish him well but what about his teammates and coaches these kids leave them high and dry? I’m sure they aren’t slapping him on the ass and saying great job. Problem with our society is we don’t call this behavior out. Great job. Best wishes. Thanks a bunch. How about what a d*cK and selfish move. Because that is what it is.
Less calling kids dicks, more league reports based on perusing maxpreps win-loss records please. I'm here for it.

Reactions: Coach55Coach
I don't wish anyone well that quits on their teammates. Same with coaches like Turgeon that quit on their team.

However, every college coach will know what happened. He will be at one school today and another one tomorrow. Wouldn't want anyone like that.

If these prep academies tout they are also institutions of learning, they should also be governed by having sit-out periods like high schools. Sure, go ahead and transfer, but know there will be a sit-out period. This would mitigate the mid-season poaching that has occurred over the past few seasons. My $.02.

Reactions: M.C. fan
If these prep academies tout they are also institutions of learning, they should also be governed by having sit-out periods like high schools. Sure, go ahead and transfer, but know there will be a sit-out period. This would mitigate the mid-season poaching that has occurred over the past few seasons. My $.02.
Excuse me? I hate these "academies", but neither you nor I can tell them what to do or how to do it. I hate Prolific, but I can't tell an independent institution how to operate.

The bigger picture is the transfer portal/eligibility in college. Theres a lot of older guys taking these seniors spots. For example, CCSF got guys that are a little older than usual. Super unlucky for this class.

Reactions: coachlittle
Excuse me? I hate these "academies", but neither you nor I can tell them what to do or how to do it. I hate Prolific, but I can't tell an independent institution how to operate.
Another reasonable point. The hoops "academies" are doing nothing illegal. They may be a massive thorn in the side of high schools and their fans but they are operating under the rules such as they are.

Prep schools do not fall under the same governing body as the CIF. There are no sit out periods at these institutions, nor should there be. In the near future, they will become a lot more common on the west coast. Several people are working hard to establish them throughout CA.

Prep schools do not fall under the same governing body as the CIF. There are no sit out periods at these institutions, nor should there be. In the near future, they will become a lot more common on the west coast. Several people are working hard to establish them throughout CA.
These programs are often unaccredited CRAP.

Just a bunch of backstabbing to get wins. That’s all it is, selling a kid on this and that. In reality, you can’t tell any kids future. Prep schools just want talent, they don’t care how much time you invested into a kid or the offense you put in around him.
Another reasonable point. The hoops "academies" are doing nothing illegal. They may be a massive thorn in the side of high schools and their fans but they are operating under the rules such as they are.
They have no rules. They can recruit, they can house, feed, alter grades, whatever they want. What rules do they follow??

Just a bunch of backstabbing to get wins. That’s all it is, selling a kid on this and that. In reality, you can’t tell any kids future. Prep schools just want talent, they don’t care how much time you invested into a kid or the offense you put in around him.

They have no rules. They can recruit, they can house, feed, alter grades, whatever they want. What rules do they follow??
his parents made the decision. it isnt like the prep school just dm king and said come through

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT