ADVERTISEMENT

Laney to state

Laney is f...ing loaded.

A lot of D1 athletes on the field.

21 & 23 in the secondary should be @ a Power 5 ASAP.

I like the qb Brookshire @ a Utah in that system. Don't understand how SDST wouldn't be exponentially better with his tools in their offense.

#6 could help Cal right now. He's got a burst. They need help on offense.

#1 Smart has got a lot of ability. Unfortunately he's not featured enough. He needs plays designed to get him the ball in the slot, off motion etc.

Whole dline is filled with animals. Reminds me of Dallas 92 dline with how many great players rotation.

I like #9 @ ilb. Good size with speed & an attitude. Hitter. Looks like a Houston or at least SJST guy.

Reactions: mansnothot
Laney is f...ing loaded.

A lot of D1 athletes on the field.

21 & 23 in the secondary should be @ a Power 5 ASAP.

I like the qb Brookshire @ a Utah in that system. Don't understand how SDST wouldn't be exponentially better with his tools in their offense.

#6 could help Cal right now. He's got a burst. They need help on offense.

#1 Smart has got a lot of ability. Unfortunately he's not featured enough. He needs plays designed to get him the ball in the slot, off motion etc.

Whole dline is filled with animals. Reminds me of Dallas 92 dline with how many great players rotation.

I like #9 @ ilb. Good size with speed & an attitude. Hitter. Looks like a Houston or at least SJST guy.

Any word on Brookshire college options? He's a 6"3 210 dual threat kid. Very talented. Gotta think somebody is going to get a nice one.

Beam is ****in legit. Much love to Alonzo Carter who is now coaching RBs at San Jose State but people forget about John Beam. McClymonds was not relevant in Oakland until Beam left for Laney. Sure, Carter (and Peters for that matter) turned Mack into the machine it now is. Sure, Carter went to Berkeley and made them very good. Sure, Carter resurrected CCC from the dead. Meanwhile, Beam was hiding in the cuts, made Laney cool again and is now on the doorstep of a State Championship. Crazy to think the OAL had two coaches of that caliber at one point. And if you think Laney isn't here to stay, don't say I didn't tell you so.

That said, same can be said about George Rush. Nobody was winning a damn thing in Northern California until Rush decided to hang them up. Not Beam, not Carter, not Uchiumi, not Owens, Pollack or Tulloch. George ****in Rush.

Go Eagles!

Always have thought Beam was one of the best coaches period. His Skykine teams were legit. Dude was one of only a few to beat Lad and DLS after they began their run off prominence. To me he was the face of the OAL.

Yes Mack has taken that mantle, but those Skline teams of the 80’s-90’s were legit and could play with anyone. Plus any Giants fan is gonna give them love for giving us Mr. Johnson and the “Brian Johnson game.”

Always have thought Beam was one of the best coaches period. His Skykine teams were legit. Dude was one of only a few to beat Lad and DLS after they began their run off prominence. To me he was the face of the OAL.

Yes Mack has taken that mantle, but those Skline teams of the 80’s-90’s were legit and could play with anyone. Plus any Giants fan is gonna give them love for giving us Mr. Johnson and the “Brian Johnson game.”

I know Brian Johnson played QB for Beam. Did Beam coach baseball too?

Kind of off topic here but many don't realize that Mike Alberghini never played football. From what I've read he was a baseball guy and won an SJS Championship at Grant as a baseball coach before he decided to try his luck in football.

Reactions: bella123

Kind of off topic here but many don't realize that Mike Alberghini never played football. From what I've read he was a baseball guy and won an SJS Championship at Grant as a baseball coach before he decided to try his luck in football.

No I don’t think Beam did coach him. But he would have been good. A good coach/leader will be successful no matter the sport.

I do remember Al was also a baseball coach. Lots of successful crossover. Stockberger was a baseball/football coach at MV. Glines very successful on the gridiron and diamond (baseball and softball). Sweeney did the football softball thing very well.

I played at Laney in the 80's under coach Peters...he was an interesting guy to say the least. I had a positive football experience, went to a Bowl game, but got waxed by Sac City.

Reactions: MC415
What is scoop on ex Newman QB Brookshire. Went to SRJC which was a disaster and made a great move to head over to Laney. He must have some offers.

I agree with you all that John Beam is a great coach but he was not the HC at Skyline when they beat DLS, Tony Fardella was which was considered one of the best squads in their history. Fardella was also the HC that coached Brian Johnson but Beam was an assistant coach on that staff along with Macy from Campolindo whom is a Skyline alum. Skyline was Skyline before he has the head guy. But Beam did a great job of carrying on the tradition and brought that program to the forefront in the 90s and 2000s after Fardella retired.

I agree with you all that John Beam is a great coach but he was not the HC at Skyline when they beat DLS, Tony Fardella was which was considered one of the best squads in their history. Fardella was also the HC that coached Brian Johnson but Beam was an assistant coach on that staff along with Macy from Campolindo whom is a Skyline alum. Skyline was Skyline before he has the head guy. But Beam did a great job of carrying on the tradition and brought that program to the forefront in the 90s and 2000s after Fardella retired.

What year did Beam take over as HC? For some reason I thought he was there the first half of the 80’s,

Did Brian Johnson graduate in 86? I remember playing them that year and they were tough. They had a running back that was a son of a current or past Oakland Raider. I remember he wore a Raider helmet in the game. They had another running back Ken Grant that was bad ass too.

Did Brian Johnson graduate in 86? I remember playing them that year and they were tough. They had a running back that was a son of a current or past Oakland Raider. I remember he wore a Raider helmet in the game. They had another running back Ken Grant that was bad ass too.

It would really be some shit if he was the son of a current oakland raider.

And by the sounds of it, he'd likely be Marshawn's son. Think about it, Marshawn walks around Oakland with a Raiders helmet on.

University of New Mexico is interested in Brookshire. They were very interested with him out if high school but for some reason Davies did not give his blessing.

Looks like they are dumped the triple & going to the spread so Brookshire is a better fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT