ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln University - Oakland

Not mentioned in the article is that AD / Head Football Coach Desmond Gumbs was also the founder of Stellar Prep, the former Prep School based in Hayward that is now defunct.

Reactions: aztecpadre
72442071007-ap-22282156263955.jpg

Looks like a High School JV team.

plenty of college students are on food stamps. i do not blame the kids here but some of their parents have to do some research here.

Clearly a scam. They aren’t even trying to get affiliated with the NCAA or NAIA. They have/had dudes on the roster that in no way shape or form would be eligible at any affiliated institution.

Gumbs has long been a scammer. He has sketchy relations to some business dealings to say the least. His last “venture” Stellar Prep was largely a disaster. He was ahead of his time, in that numerous transfers in and out were common. I think most if not all of his guys had to go Juco because they could not get NCAA eligible due to the lack of accreditation of Stellar Prep.

What is also disappointing is the lack of playing opportunities after HS in CA. If you’re not D1, you have the JC route, which is great. After JuCo most of our local guys go to FCS, D2, NAIA out of state. Besides the small and expensive D3 SoCal leave we have no small college football. At least we have the 3 FCS school and USD.

Clearly a scam. They aren’t even trying to get affiliated with the NCAA or NAIA. They have/had dudes on the roster that in no way shape or form would be eligible at any affiliated institution.

Gumbs has long been a scammer. He has sketchy relations to some business dealings to say the least. His last “venture” Stellar Prep was largely a disaster. He was ahead of his time, in that numerous transfers in and out were common. I think most if not all of his guys had to go Juco because they could not get NCAA eligible due to the lack of accreditation of Stellar Prep.

What is also disappointing is the lack of playing opportunities after HS in CA. If you’re not D1, you have the JC route, which is great. After JuCo most of our local guys go to FCS, D2, NAIA out of state. Besides the small and expensive D3 SoCal leave we have no small college football. At least we have the 3 FCS school and USD.
Football cost money.. as we have read. The schools here public and private can't afford it. Lincoln tried to at least.

What is also disappointing is the lack of playing opportunities after HS in CA. If you’re not D1, you have the JC route, which is great. After JuCo most of our local guys go to FCS, D2, NAIA out of state. There is already so much news about football. There is a lot of fraud and vice versa. I love football so much that reading all this, it sometimes scares me. I even looked for hr topics for work, and found https://papersowl.com/blog/human-resources-research-topics for this. I haven't tried to write anything myself. Instead, I used the time I saved to watch football and read the news about it. I guess I'm working somewhere in the wrong place. Besides the small and expensive D3 SoCal leave we have no small college football. At least we have the 3 FCS school and USD.
There are two opinions here, to be honest.

Last edited:

I will say this: most states don’t have JC football either tho. It’s only a select few that do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT