ADVERTISEMENT

LOGAN....Challenging Schedule for 2016

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
A look at James Logan's 2016 schedule shows no let up and by the time the season is finished, the whole team may be black and blue from all the battle tested football games. I watched Logan at the Pittsburg passing contest, and they showed speed and some size and held their own..
This years team has only two guys that are over six feet tall, but most make up the difference in size.
At QB, right now, there is a lack of height, so you can look over the line while sizing up the play you are about to call, so there will probably be a lot of roll outs like that took place at Pittsburg, plus a strong running game.
The team is fair sized with Solomon Unga at 248,Robert Benavedas at 231,Jordan Fobbs at 240, Peter Fanena 225 and 6-3, one of two guys that are over 6 feet, Damani sistena, Izaniah paopao at 220, Brenden Sinigayan at 205 and Rezohn Wright at 6-2 155 and the other guy over six feet. Now help may be on the way from the JV team that went 6-3
Again...take a look at the schedule...test after test.
8-19.....Pittsburg Jamboree
8-26.....California away 7 P.M.
9-02.....Pittsburg away 7 P.M.
9-09.....Freedom away 7 P.M.
9-16.....Clayton valley charter home 7 P.M.
9-23.....San Leandro away 7 P.M.
9-30.....bye
10-07.....Bishop O'Dowd home 7 P.M.
10-15.....American-----Sat.night away 7 P.M.
10-22.....Kennedy.......Sat. night away 7 P.M.
10-28.....DLS home 7 P.M.
11-04.....Newark memorial home 7 P.M.
note how few home games there are this season, now American and Kennedy, you might call a home game as they are pretty close

Doesn't James Logan have an enrollment of over 4000? Hard to believe they can't find more than two kids over 6' that want to play football. They had more than that on their baseball team...

Doesn't James Logan have an enrollment of over 4000? Hard to believe they can't find more than two kids over 6' that want to play football. They had more than that on their baseball team...

Demographics, my friend.....Foothill and Amador Valley suffer similarly.....

Reactions: Paloma
Unfortnately, Demographics is the undermining of many high school programs, its either can't handle the grades or no interest at all.. The system is slowly be watered down where we may see more high schools drop football in the future...

You ain't lying. I just spent a weekend for soccer in Hayward/Union City/Fremont. Looking at the kids I saw around you couldn't field an offense for 7 on 7.

A look at James Logan's 2016 schedule shows no let up and by the time the season is finished, the whole team may be black and blue from all the battle tested football games. I watched Logan at the Pittsburg passing contest, and they showed speed and some size and held their own..
This years team has only two guys that are over six feet tall, but most make up the difference in size.
At QB, right now, there is a lack of height, so you can look over the line while sizing up the play you are about to call, so there will probably be a lot of roll outs like that took place at Pittsburg, plus a strong running game.
The team is fair sized with Solomon Unga at 248,Robert Benavedas at 231,Jordan Fobbs at 240, Peter Fanena 225 and 6-3, one of two guys that are over 6 feet, Damani sistena, Izaniah paopao at 220, Brenden Sinigayan at 205 and Rezohn Wright at 6-2 155 and the other guy over six feet. Now help may be on the way from the JV team that went 6-3
Again...take a look at the schedule...test after test.
8-19.....Pittsburg Jamboree
8-26.....California away 7 P.M.
9-02.....Pittsburg away 7 P.M.
9-09.....Freedom away 7 P.M.
9-16.....Clayton valley charter home 7 P.M.
9-23.....San Leandro away 7 P.M.
9-30.....bye
10-07.....Bishop O'Dowd home 7 P.M.
10-15.....American-----Sat.night away 7 P.M.
10-22.....Kennedy.......Sat. night away 7 P.M.
10-28.....DLS home 7 P.M.
11-04.....Newark memorial home 7 P.M.
note how few home games there are this season, now American and Kennedy, you might call a home game as they are pretty close
Given how they looked at Pitt scrimmage, they might MIGHT win 3 games

Given how they looked at Pitt scrimmage, they might MIGHT win 3 games
Logan did not do well at the Pittsburg jamboree, after a look at the Colts, every game may be a struggle until they reach mid schedule, I think your prediction of three wins is most likely on the money, unfortnate for such a large school that has been so watered down they have a tough time fielding a JV team this year...there were only 15 suited up at Pittsburg, and after two injuries at the same time, the game with Pittsburg was called..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT