ADVERTISEMENT

MacKaysteps down at SHC

Not to be dismissive of SHC, but even before Riordan becoming Co-Ed, The Riordan community is more receptive of diversity at all levels. Now that it is CoEd, the last aspect of diversity is reached.

To have a successful boarding program is not about going to Africa, it is having a program that it is inclusive so students and more importantly parents and family feel there family member would be welcomed from where ever they came from.
Somewhat agree as Riordan has been labeled as "Mission with Tuition" and Blue Collar. Riordan made the novel decision to add a boarding program to increase revenue and not only attract kids from around the globe, but also offer the opportunity for bay area kids to reside on campus where the everyday commute could be a burden...Only boarding school on the west coast in a major metropolitan city with access to world class universities, high tech, major sports teams, theatre and the arts and mass transportation options.

I don’t want to hijack this thread to a Riordan dynasty post in the city, but…

The Reardon Revolution is finished and there isn’t no looking back🎤….drop

Stay tuned…

I haven't heard anything yet. Somebody jumped the gun earlier... I want to hear about the new scoreboards.

Call Riordan’s AD to see if there are some extra Africans who need community service that are tall enough to put it up🤣🤣🤣

I don’t want to hijack this thread to a Riordan dynasty post in the city, but
Since Riordan went co-ed I guess you can start counting the girls' titles:
SHC
League 15
CCS: 15
Nor-Cal: 8
State: 5
National: 1

Riordan: 0

Last edited:
Sounds like you truly benefitted from Title 9
Sounds like you didn't. 🤣🤣🤣

A championship is a championship.

More jealousy from sfjsquaregaelSFcityfawn: " Can you name WCAL School gym wors[e] [Learn English] than SHC? "

The other 7, dipweed. Especially that carved-out cinder block on PHELAN Avenue.

Last edited:
A championship is a championship.

But can you say, “ A gym is a gym, especially if it looks like multi-purpose room”. 😳🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can you name WCAL School gym worst than SHC? VC is no worst, but I am willing to give them a pass because of their Stadium Baseball diamond and FB field and Olympic swimming pool. I guess that is sports program facility on top of the hill.

I do hope your Craigslist search for Coach is fruitful.

Last edited:
It is always good to see former players come back as a head coach? Does this mean LaRyan is staying on the girls side?

It is always good to see former players come back as a head coach? Does this mean LaRyan is staying on the girls side?
Just after the announcement of Smith as head Coach for the Boys, SHC announced they are seeking a Gorls’ Varsity Coach. So LeRyan Russel is not going to be Varsity Coach for the girls next season

^^^Hard to believe SHC isn't interested in having a successful basketball program. If they didn't care, they would just assign a current faculty member to be coach...but it seems like they're out there recruiting and hiring coaches they believe will result in wins. I hope Russell is not out as the girls coach...his record and accomplishments speak for itself.

You do not post a Varsity coaching position if the coach is still there. I think LeRyan fell victim to parents much like many great coaches have in the past

First of all; SHC selection Caesar Smith SHC/Class of 98, is a true investment into Boys Basketball. Not only is he a Alumni, but he may be actually the most qualified WCAL Coach beside Tim Kennedy of Mitty. To me this reflects SHC true commitment to Sports i.e. Boy’s Basketball.

What I am most impressed with is his past experiences and actual practical knowledge. I can only expect he will build a culture and program that is attractive to future HS prep athletes….Good Job SHC👏

First of all; SHC selection Caesar Smith SHC/Class of 98, is a true investment into Boys Basketball. Not only is he a Alumni, but he may be actually the most qualified WCAL Coach beside Tim Kennedy of Mitty. To me this reflects SHC true commitment to Sports i.e. Boy’s Basketball.

What I am most impressed with is his past experiences and actual practical knowledge. I can only expect he will build a culture and program that is attractive to future HS prep athletes….Good Job SHC👏
what makes him more qualified?

Reactions: 5MatchUp
i dont see it still. how many state elite 8s or final 4s he get to?

SHC needs to build a culture, I hope you are familiar with the mind set? If you build it they will come. SHC’s selection has the education and experience in building cultures, so you put your value points in Elite 8’s or State Championship and come up with a empty bag. I will go with building a culture and I guarantee talented players and supportive parents will flock to the program.

Forgive me for knocking your knocking useless data perspective, but SHC has done the State Championship thing and had not culture building and where had that left them; post success.

Ask: Monty Williams about culture and get his opinion about what succes can come from it. One has to get players who want to play at your organization.

🎤….drop😳😊

Last edited:
Reactions: shcguy92
SHC needs to build a culture, I hope you are familiar with the mind set? If you build it they will come. SHC’s selection has the education and experience in building cultures, so you put your value points in Elite 8’s or State Championship and come up with a empty bag. I will go with building a culture and I guarantee talented players and supportive parents will flock to the program.

Forgive me for knocking your knocking useless data perspective, but SHC has done the State Championship thing and had not culture building and where had that left them; post success.

Ask: Monty Williams about culture and get his opinion about what succes can come from it. One has to get players who want to play at your organization.

🎤….drop😳😊
Just like in Field of Dreams “If you build it they will come” it is all about culture.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers

🎤….drop😳😊
that said... what culture did he build in san antonio and did that equal state titles? eventually rah rah and twitter post end. you gotta coach. to say he is better than everyone in that league except the mitty coach if the measuring stick is culture is still odd. there is winning culture in at least 3 programs there and they have also won regularly.
monty williams was fired from his previous position and they loved him there. the league is about luck and players. steve kerr is proof.

Reactions: OnBall8
that said... what culture did he build in san antonio and did that equal state titles? eventually rah rah and twitter post end. you gotta coach. to say he is better than everyone in that league except the mitty coach if the measuring stick is culture is still odd. there is winning culture in at least 3 programs there and they have also won regularly.
monty williams was fired from his previous position and they loved him there. the league is about luck and players. steve kerr is proof.
Steve Kerr living rent free in your head. Lol. What’s your beef with him?

Steve Kerr living rent free in your head. Lol. What’s your beef with him?
beef is when you moms aint safe up in the streets.

regarding kerr.. these new warrior fans seem to think he is the greatest coach ever. so i am just wondering whats up wit it now.

beef is when you moms aint safe up in the streets.

regarding kerr.. these new warrior fans seem to think he is the greatest coach ever. so i am just wondering whats up wit it now.
Gotcha. Been a Dubs fan since the 70's. Dubs always sold out the Coliseum win or lose. Hung tough during the Joe Barry Carroll, Chris Washburn, Todd Fuller, Tellis Frank years. Lol! Al Attles is my guy, though Kerr is at the top of the Dub's coaches list along with Nellie.

Reactions: MC415
Gotcha. Been a Dubs fan since the 70's. Dubs always sold out the Coliseum win or lose. Hung tough during the Joe Barry Carroll, Chris Washburn, Todd Fuller, Tellis Frank years. Lol! Al Attles is my guy, though Kerr is at the top of the Dub's coaches list along with Nellie.
so what is the issue now? FYI... everyone says they been a fan since the 70's, dad has season tickets, and they were part of we believe....
also i been to a few games in the 90's... it surely wasnt sold out cuz i sat real close for 38.00

Reactions: da real
so what is the issue now? FYI... everyone says they been a fan since the 70's, dad has season tickets, and they were part of we believe....
also i been to a few games in the 90's... it surely wasnt sold out cuz i sat real close for 38.00
You know the issue!! and its CAPITALISM. Its sold out with people that make 6 figures in their sleep. Just cuz you cant go to the game doesnt mean you're less of a fan. Thats what the TV is for.

Back to the topic at hand... I still dont get how SFcityfan can claim this with no data or reasons to back it up.
According to Maxpreps here is Smith’s record at Southwest in San Antonio

2016-17 8-22
2017-18 13-20
2018-19 19-13

Back to the topic at hand... I still dont get how SFcityfan can claim this with no data or reasons to back it up.
It would be so easier to debate a point on a message board, if posters actually read referenced material.

1. Coach Caesar coached at the highest level except Kennedy,

2. I have always been a proponent of Education, so my assessment of knowledge is equal with Kennedy accomplishments.

3. I can’t remember if Kennedy played at the professional level, but Coach Ceasar coached at NBA camps. I do give Kennedy an edge for his practical experience at the D1 level as a player, correct me if I am wrong. But neither does any other WCAL. I think that search is small and including only Allooco Jr. in the Bay Area,

Now, don’t get me wrong. SHC has a journey to compete with Riordan or Mitty to get to their level in talent or even game time management.

But unless you want confuse the question I recognized SHC for selecting a excellent choice on data provided, I give them a ✊👍.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
It would be so easier to debate a point on a message board, if posters actually read referenced material.

1. Coach Caesar coached at the highest level except Kennedy,

2. I have always been a proponent of Education, so my assessment of knowledge is equal with Kennedy accomplishments.

3. I can’t remember if Kennedy played at the professional level, but Coach Ceasar coached at NBA camps. I do give Kennedy an edge for his practical experience at the D1 level as a player, correct me if I am wrong. But neither does any other WCAL. I think that search is small and including only Allooco Jr. in the Bay Area,

Now, don’t get me wrong. SHC has a journey to compete with Riordan or Mitty to get to their level in talent or even game time management.

But unless you want confuse the question I recognized SHC for selecting a excellent choice on data provided, I give them a ✊👍.
so what exactly makes him head and shoulders above everyone else? you have 3 different bullet points here. which really do not have much to do with coaching high school basketball. and culture was mentioned earlier and that didnt even make the list now. i am not disagreeing i just wanna understand why you think like that

Reactions: da real and OnBall8
so what exactly makes him head and shoulders above everyone else? you have 3 different bullet points here. which really do not have much to do with coaching high school basketball. and culture was mentioned earlier and that didnt even make the list now. i am not disagreeing i just wanna understand why you think like that
One of the common links among three of the most successful coaches in the history of the WCAL (Eagleson, Kennedy, Rapp - don’t know about Schneider) was that they all cut their teeth as JV coaches in the WCAL. As far the nba stuff, I would be more impressed if they mentioned the impact Coach Burke had on Coach Smith. Burke had some great teams but even when they weren’t the most talented, they played their asses off. Opponents always knew games with SH were going to be a war.

One of the common links among three of the most successful coaches in the history of the WCAL (Eagleson, Kennedy, Rapp - don’t know about Schneider) was that they all cut their teeth as JV coaches in the WCAL. As far the nba stuff, I would be more impressed if they mentioned the impact Coach Burke had on Coach Smith. Burke had some great teams but even when they weren’t the most talented, they played their asses off. Opponents always knew games with SH were going to be a war.
Which Eagleson? If you’re talking history of the WCAL -Kennedy and Rapp rank up there in the Mt Rushmore of coaches…Roehl, Drucker, Lippi, Isola, Forslund, Schneider Phillips need to be in the discussion as all time successful WCAL coaches

Last edited:
Reactions: colhenrylives
Which Eagleson? If you’re talking history of the WCAL -Kennedy and Rapp rank up there in the Mt Rushmore of coaches…Roehl, Drucker, Lippi, Isola, Forslund, Schneider Phillips need to be in the discussion as all time successful WCAL coaches
Then you have to include Curtin as a JV for Buckner or Scouting Coach for Forslund,

You got that right. I always liked Tim Burke's style. Run the ball on offense and play some great defense. If Caesar brings that back, that's good enough.
Besides all that, one would have to be privy to the interview process to really know how he got chosen.
IC, you have the whole board discussing your new HC and that’s all you input with…and you burp with this wasted post😳😊😳

Playing and coaching camps does not make you more qualified than a coach with 20-30+ years coaching in a school/ league like Schneider and Rapp. Doesn't mean they are better than him... but I would not call them less qualified... Trust me, I can ****ing read

Coaching can be overrated. See Mater Dei's McKnight and Sierra Canyon's Andre Chevalier. Just cater to as many D1 prospect families/celebrities and roll the ball out there and you win 99% of the time.

Playing and coaching camps does not make you more qualified than a coach with 20-30+ years coaching in a school/ league like Schneider and Rapp. Doesn't mean they are better than him... but I would not call them less qualified... Trust me, I can ****ing read
No Shade OnBall,

What are you posting about? Who is comparing SHC vs. the guru’s of the WCAL( you left out Lippi & Forslund..would not include Perez)

I truly feel we have some great game managers who work well with their schools admissions dept.

Kennedy is throw back, that could be his D1 experience, his tutoring under Rapp or that his current AD is the original throwback (State Champion) in Son of Eagleson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT