ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Haney Interview's Casey Taylor of Del Oro

He's done a great job there but you wanna talk about recruiting...
Taylor is the most hated coach in the Sacramento ish area ... He recruits 8th graders like crazy from the school's they're supposed to attend going into Frosh football

Taylor is the most hated coach in the Sacramento ish area ... He recruits 8th graders like crazy from the school's they're supposed to attend going into Frosh football

Wow. If that were true, you'd think the they have a lot more blue chip talent instead of typically being smaller, slower and having far less D1 FBS talent than most the upper-echelon teams they face in preseason and December.

Casey must not be doing such a great job at this recruiting thing. He needs to step it up!

DO does get it's share of transfers, word is a slew of players transferred from WC a couple of years ago.....Now does that have to do with Coach Taylor recruiting? ABSURD......he has taken a winning program to another level and if that attracts talent and parents want their kids playing in that program, it's gonna happen...it's easy to hate on a consistent winner yet the man is very,very good at what he does....don't hate on him for that!

DO does get it's share of transfers, word is a slew of players transferred from WC a couple of years ago.....Now does that have to do with Coach Taylor recruiting? ABSURD......he has taken a winning program to another level and if that attracts talent and parents want their kids playing in that program, it's gonna happen...it's easy to hate on a consistent winner yet the man is very,very good at what he does....don't hate on him for that!

I'm of the opinion a division one caliber football player can get noticed playing for any school cases in point Brady Aiello and Noah Meyer from Acalanes and Las Lomas neither of which are football factories

Not a doubt Bubba....yet Brandon Monroe ended up at DO after playing his frosh year at WHS. No bonafide move....Great kid and ended up at San Jose.....he wold have garnered that just as easily at Whitney....but winning is what todays parents want, to be the big fish....and the scholly

Reactions: DelOroFB_Dad
Not a doubt Bubba....yet Brandon Monroe ended up at DO after playing his frosh year at WHS. No bonafide move....Great kid and ended up at San Jose.....he wold have garnered that just as easily at Whitney....but winning is what todays parents want, to be the big fish....and the scholly

Even though I believe in playing sports with the kids you grew up with in the neighborhood I think the rule should be a kid can change high school once and only once regardless of reason with no exceptions and no penalties

Last edited:

Really? If you "knew" what Casey was all about you would know how ridiculous this is. Got a good laugh out of this:)

DO is just a great high school. We lived in Auburn and our daughter attended DO and no she wasn't recruited .Loomis is a community that has great pride in their school it's like a big family.Their academics are 1st class and i think their graduation rate was 96%.My daughter mentioned how many of the teachers were DO alumni coming back to teach.One last point about DO football i attended a game in Loomis last year where they backed a ambulance close to the field and pulled a man out on a gurney and sat him up so he could watch the game on the sidelines,he had a couple of boys who once played for DO.He was very ill and wanted to see one more game before he died,well DO won that night and he died the next day.And that is why young men want to play for the Golden Eagles

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT