ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty Schedule

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
GZnH6nabkAA81Xp

Who's the 2nd best team in the WCAL this year?

I'd say Riordan, though it's obviously a very distant second. They landed several transfers to join most of the squad that finished third last year. SHC, second place a year ago, lost a terrific guard tandem to graduation. SI, which finished fourth, should be solid. St. Francis is young and rather small. Valley Christian could get a couple surprise wins. And Presentation will struggle yet again.

Does Mitty have an freshmen or transfers (other than Devin Cosgriff) that look interesting for this season? It looks to me that four 2026 class players should start this season along with a 2027-point guard. The Monarchs could use more height because McKenna Woliczko (6-2) is the only front court player that they have returning. They have a couple younger posts coming up hopefully.

Mitty got a transfer from Heritage in Brentwood, I believe. It's Ze-Ni Patterson, a 5-8 sophomore who led the team in scoring at 16.3 ppg and rebounding at 6.7 rpg. Also 3.2 steals.

Heritage was 20-10 against a reasonably tough schedule so Patterson can be expected to contribute.

Their JVs would have won 15 or 20 games against a varsity schedule, and their frosh routinely battled their JVs on even terms in scrimmages.

In short, the cupboard is far from bare.

Mitty is acting like an LA program. It has 11 returnees from last years state runner-up squad. Most teams would be thrilled with that core and be lucky to add an interesting frosh or promote a couple from its dominant JV. But in addition to Cosgriff and Zeni Patterson (who already has D1 offers), Mitty also got Malia Hunter, the tallish daughter of a new men's assistant coach at Stanford (she is classified as a freshman). Gotta feel for Mitty's four senior guards (and others) who have paid their dues but are not likely to see much meaningful action in light of the remodel.

I may be forgetting someone, but my guess at the lineup is Woliczko '26, Cosgriff '26, Tee McCarthy '27, Emma Cook '26 (who started all last season). and Patterson or Abbi James '26.

I don't think it's Mitty acting like LA. It's parents and kids wanting and willing to move/drive far to join super teams. Sad for competition, but can't blame them. That's where all the attention and "success" is.

One of their opponents, Ontario Christian, features the top 2027 prospect, "Special K" Kaleena Smith.

Have a look, #11 on the Knights. Pretty amazing: Breakin' Ankles

Thank you both for the two new Monarchs: Zeni Patterson (soph) and frosh Maliya Hunter. Maybe Mitty will have a chance for a state championship this season. BTW, I was guessing the other 2026 starter was going to be Sofia Teresi (#22). She is one of fastest dribblers and best defenders that I've seen. She was brought up from the JV team last season and was seeing lots of playing time in the playoffs. ST is super effective employing their full-court press.

OT-Cal women's bball just received a verbal from "Puff" Morris, the Etiwanda PG, that scored 20 points and had 5 assists against Mitty in the state title game. She is ranked #24 by ESPN HoopGurlz in the class of 2025. GO BEARS!

Thank you both for the two new Monarchs: Zeni Patterson (soph) and frosh Maliya Hunter. Maybe Mitty will have a chance for a state championship this season. BTW, I was guessing the other 2026 starter was going to be Sofia Teresi (#22). She is one of fastest dribblers and best defenders that I've seen. She was brought up from the JV team last season and was seeing lots of playing time in the playoffs. ST is super effective employing their full-court press.

View: https://www.facebook.com/wcebball/posts/maliya-hunter-of-team-kidd-2027-has-been-very-impressive-for-team-kidd-very-stro/3028998394096675/ Maliya Hunter is a 5-8 guard/wing from Sacto area, not a post player (Class of 2027)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT