ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Score Thread

Amador Valley with a last-second TD, 2 pt conversion good. With :51 remaining in the game, Downey 47, Amador Valley 36.

Yuma Catholic (3-0) 21 Palma 7 (2-1) Final
The soph dominated Chieftains didn't play bad considering 450 mile bus trip and 95 degrees at 7PM, They should have had a tougher schedule before this game, but the Shamrocks lost by 8 in a small school division state championship in AZ ( a quality program). Good test for young team.

Clovis 41 Salinas 14 Final
Clovis was a very good team. Very fast at WRs and really good QB. Made it really tough for the Cowboy offense and defense. Never close.

DLS 42
St. Francis 7

St. Ignatius 16
Cathedral (SD) 14

Pittsburg 56
Riordan 42

Mitty 21
Menlo-Atherton 7

Soquel 27
Valley Christian 10

Monte Vista 24
Bellarmine 13

St. John Bosco vs. Serra (Saturday)

Wilcox 39
SHC 14

California 35
Monterey Trail 21

Bradshaw Christian 28
Sutter 21

Twelve Bridges 51
Casa Roble 7

Jesuit vs. Christian Bros. (Saturday)

Carmel 38
Miramonte 28

Del Campo 17
Pierce 7

McClymonds 28
Bishop O'Dowd 14

Marin Catholic 29
@Manteca 28
Final
Caden was sacked 10 times this game! MC leading rusher had 11 yards and they gave up 300 yards on the ground, can’t believe they won this game! The offensive line backups or not needs to really get their stuff together or else they won’t have a QB left, he’s taken 19 sacks in 3 games so far! Insane

Caden was sacked 10 times this game! MC leading rusher had 11 yards and they gave up 300 yards on the ground, can’t believe they won this game! The offensive line backups or not needs to really get their stuff together or else they won’t have a QB left, he’s taken 19 sacks in 3 games so far! Insane
Yes, their OL needs to get healthy. It was the same thing last year towards the end of the regular season but they are surviving somehow. What an impressive road win with all of the early season injuries. Don't bury the Cats yet!

Since I had the time, I looked at the pick em. 25 of 28 posters picked Pitt. I really thought based on everything I read before the season that Riordan was a lock 2, and possibly could overcome Serra. Pretty shocking that they could easily be 0-3. And as someone stated above, outside of Serra, I agree bay area football runs thru the East Bay. WCAL will be interesting this year. But I give the league teams credit for scheduling at their expected levels.

Coaching issues…, Ever Since Hartwig left they have never been the same…. They used to be a Section title contender every year and since COVID they can barley win a few games a year….
they have had several coaches sense then they can’t all have been terrible plus hartwig did absolutely nothing when he left freedom to go to heritage they did not improve at all so it has to be something else. what is really going on there?

they have had several coaches sense then they can’t all have been terrible plus hartwig did absolutely nothing when he left freedom to go to heritage they did not improve at all so it has to be something else. what is really going on there?
Heritage has had a significantly better record sine Hartwig left freedom for Heritage, so yes, it is coaching…..

Having multiple coaches in a short period of time is a bad sign for Freedom…. Usually when this happens, programs take a step back or 2 and talented kids are open to other options…. HSFB programs need consistency and all the top ones have long time coaches….

And when you are as successful a Coach as Hartwig and you have been somewhere for a long time, you don’t leave unless there is some kind of conflict within the administration…. I believe his last team there was a Section Finalist, it’s not like they stunk….

So who knows, it may be complicated or it may just be as simple as Freedom is no longer getting the “Jimmies and Joe’s”…. 🤣

Heritage has had a significantly better record sine Hartwig left freedom for Heritage, so yes, it is coaching…..

Having multiple coaches in a short period of time is a bad sign for Freedom…. Usually when this happens, programs take a step back or 2 and talented kids are open to other options…. HSFB programs need consistency and all the top ones have long time coaches….

And when you are as successful a Coach as Hartwig and you have been somewhere for a long time, you don’t leave unless there is some kind of conflict within the administration…. I believe his last team there was a Section Finalist, it’s not like they stunk….

So who knows, it may be complicated or it may just be as simple as Freedom is no longer getting the “Jimmies and Joe’s”…. 🤣
Sounds like you have a Freedom issue to resolve.

mater dei is the best program in America and they have had three coaches in three years and there is a high likelihood have a fourth next year, they won state last year and will win it again this year so that doesn’t quite track.

looking at the historical record it looks like hartwig had a slightly above .500 record at freedom so its not like he was a world beater. there has to be something else going on. we need to get to the bottom of this, it is important because this program is too important to East bay football for this to be allowed to continue. heads need to roll until freedom is back to being elite.

mater dei is the best program in America and they have had three coaches in three years and there is a high likelihood have a fourth next year, they won state last year and will win it again this year so that doesn’t quite track.

looking at the historical record it looks like hartwig had a slightly above .500 record at freedom so its not like he was a world beater. there has to be something else going on. we need to get to the bottom of this, it is important because this program is too important to East bay football for this to be allowed to continue. heads need to roll until freedom is back to being elite.
HA!… Mater Dei had a Legendary Coach and for 30 years…. Followed by the favorite Coach in the program for 1 year…. Followed by one of So Cal’s all time great coaches…. Totally different….

I am would guess that all of Freedoms “Elite” teams came under Hartwig…. But I will let you look that up…. 🤣

Knock yourself out getting to the bottom of why Freedom isn’t an “Elite” team… The only time I even Freeson being “Elite” is when they had Joe Mixon….

So my guess is, Freedom is no longer “Elite” because they don’t have Joe Mixon…. 🤣🤣

Nobody ever accused Freedom of being legit! HAHA. They had an NFL RB like @THEOC89 said.
I would say a program in that area that has fallen even harder is Deer Valley. They use to be very good year in and out.

Other Games.
Jesuit in an ugly one over CB 7-0 in the Holy Bowl. Maurauders were sloppy and CB was scrappy. Jesuit needs to play better next week to beat Granite Bay. Both teams come into that game undefeated but both haven't been tested.
Newman all over Armijo 56-21 on Friday night to improve 3-0. There first test comes friday at home against an improved Bishop O'Dowd team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT