ADVERTISEMENT

More Transfer News

Summer school enrollment and regular school-year enrollment are not the same. You can be enrolled at any school you want for summer school w/o punishment.
Oh. A coach told me he can’t let players practice with him in summer if they haven’t officially switched schools or districts yet.

It’s so case by case. I’ve seen kids get penalized a year and others eligible immediately. Hard to say.
Granite bay was a terrible move for him. He had some big games early in season but in SFL Teams we’re able to lock him up pretty well. Their grinder mentality isn’t great for a smaller back. Folsom will allow him to use his legs when they spread him out and that is where he excels.

Folsom is always good. This year they go into season with a few more question marks than normal and not as many super stars names but they will be top team and I don’t see them missing much. I think their young QB (lyons) will be a dual thread they haven’t had in awhile.
If you knew the initial reason for transfer you would think differently. Moving back after that initial hardship makes no sense.

Grant dealt with a highly publicized CIF transfer case a few months ago. With that being said, I would be shocked if this young man was not enrolled at Grant and the proper procedures weren’t followed prior to him stepping foot on a field in any capacity.

The Elk Grove Citizen (newspaper) is reporting/insinuating that CIF bylaw infractions took place. They suggest that the student didn’t withdraw from Sheldon prior to competing or participating at Grant. The Citizen also makes mention of a video that surfaced showing Green in a Grant locker room, although still enrolled at Sheldon.

Every social media outlet (His and Grant’s official accounts included) indicates that Green is now attending Grant.

Although the Elk Grove Citizen has already made an issue out of things, hopefully Sheldon doesn’t contest Green’s transfer eligibility status.

Let the young man play…

Grant dealt with a highly publicized CIF transfer case a few months ago. With that being said, I would be shocked if this young man was not enrolled at Grant and the proper procedures weren’t followed prior to him stepping foot on a field in any capacity.

The Elk Grove Citizen (newspaper) is reporting/insinuating that CIF bylaw infractions took place. They suggest that the student didn’t withdraw from Sheldon prior to competing or participating at Grant. The Citizen also makes mention of a video that surfaced showing Green in a Grant locker room, although still enrolled at Sheldon.

Every social media outlet (His and Grant’s official accounts included) indicates that Green is now attending Grant.

Although the Elk Grove Citizen has already made an issue out of things, hopefully Sheldon doesn’t contest Green’s transfer eligibility status.

Let the young man play…
That’s why we have the have’s and have nots and programs struggling. Let’s just have a Bosco or MD, I don’t agree.

Reactions: parkdale
Yea I hear stuff but confused because how you still be at one school and doing football at another. No transfer. Won’t grant get in trouble. My son told me we lost top player to Grant to and others to other schools.
Grant has had a lot of transfers this offseason. Their new qb played at Folsom freshmen and soph season. His transfer makes sense as the depth chart over there is brutal and grant was looking for a new qb.

That’s why we have the have’s and have nots and programs struggling. Let’s just have a Bosco or MD, I don’t agree.
No one said anything when Grant’s players were scattered all over the Sacramento region. People act like that didn’t exist. Grant’s coaches and administrators didn’t contest any kids leaving or cry foul when other programs were siphoning the talent.

The coaches wished the kids well and continued to root for them even though they attended or transferred to other schools.

There isn’t a school in NorCal like MD or Bosco. Not even close… Those two schools are football factories.

No one said anything when Grant’s players were scattered all over the Sacramento region. People act like that didn’t exist. Grant’s coaches and administrators didn’t contest any kids leaving or cry foul when other programs were siphoning the talent.

The coaches wished the kids well and continued to root for them even though they attended or transferred to other schools.

There isn’t a school in NorCal like MD or Bosco. Not even close… Those two schools are football factories.
True. That said. Cmon, Grant should come back SFL, get out of the puppy bowl with all that talent. See how they compete...

True. That said. Cmon, Grant should come back SFL, get out of the puppy bowl with all that talent. See how they compete...
Grant does plays Oak Ridge in non league this year. Be a good test to see how Grant would do in SFL. Should be a very good game with both teams returning strong players.

Reactions: Santa Ball

Let the young man play…
My kid showed me the video back in spring sometime. If my kid seen it then so did Sheldon kids. The young man wasn’t just in grants locker room but ripping apart a Sheldon shirt. Does Sheldon gotta contest anything, the video is all over the place. After that came out kids talking and learned he was still in school at Sheldon so it sounds like he didn’t withdraw like you said. I don’t know about Sheldon kids but when Parker left if there was video of him ripping up one of our shirts the players would be pissed. And over here we still don’t get how Parker can play at 3 high schools.

My kid showed me the video back in spring sometime. If my kid seen it then so did Sheldon kids. The young man wasn’t just in grants locker room but ripping apart a Sheldon shirt. Does Sheldon gotta contest anything, the video is all over the place. After that came out kids talking and learned he was still in school at Sheldon so it sounds like he didn’t withdraw like you said. I don’t know about Sheldon kids but when Parker left if there was video of him ripping up one of our shirts the players would be pissed. And over here we still don’t get how Parker can play at 3 high schools.
I could care less about a kid (whichever one that it was) ripping up a shirt. After all, these are minors that we are talking about.

If a family wants to move on, help them move on! Wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors and let them move on.

I could care less about a kid (whichever one that it was) ripping up a shirt. After all, these are minors that we are talking about.

If a family wants to move on, help them move on! Wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors and let them move on.
Yes Green is a kid but he has parents that should know the rules. We all have to follow them so should kid going to Grant. Even if cif don’t care about ripping no shirt they gotta wonder about being in locker room. Was that a official or unofficial visit.

Yes Green is a kid but he has parents that should know the rules. We all have to follow them so should kid going to Grant and there coaches. Even if cif don’t care about ripping no shirt they gotta wonder about being in locker room. Was that a official or unofficial visit.

Yes Green is a kid but he has parents that should know the rules. We all have to follow them so should kid going to Grant. Even if cif don’t care about ripping no shirt they gotta wonder about being in locker room. Was that a official or unofficial visit.

Yes Green is a kid but he has parents that should know the rules. We all have to follow them so should kid going to Grant and their coaches. Even if cif don’t care about ripping no shirt they gotta wonder about being in locker room. Was that an official or unofficial visit.
We obviously don’t have all of the facts nor information. We will have to wait and see…

So I understand where you are coming from. Are you in favor of him being ineligible or missing the whole season?

Carter Jackson will remain at GB due to the CIF 5 game sit out rule. He really wanted to play at Folsom again but they decided missing half a season was too much.
Bingo! I knew it. Didn’t even realize what he was getting into. And 5 was best case.

Summer school enrollment and regular school-year enrollment are not the same. You can be enrolled at any school you want for summer school w/o punishment.
Except for the part that you have to be an EGUSD student to attend EGUSD Summer school. And you attend the sessions on your campus you are enrolled in. So is he an EGUSD student or a student at Grant?

Folsom has entered the chat......

Folsom has entered the chat......
Folsom isn’t even remotely close to bosco or md lol. Folsom would just be another regular school in SoCal in terms of transfers. Grant has more transfers than Folsom including their shiny new qb, who by the way, transferred from Folsom… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Folsom isn’t even remotely close to bosco or md lol. Folsom would just be another regular school in SoCal in terms of transfers. Grant has more transfers than Folsom including their shiny new qb, who by the way, transferred from Folsom… 🤷🏻‍♂️
folsom is a football factory... that was the chat

It's not hard to get kids exposure. If you can play, they will find you and the most minimum effort on a coach's behalf will get a team's area recruiter stopping by your campus during recruiting season. Reality is that a lot Coaches who are perceived as elite cannot do a lick of anything without superbly talented kids.

For all that talk about development I see way too many kids coming from big name programs who are quickly weeded out at the next level when they come in way behind the eight ball. What happened to Ngata Brothers? Ariel never did much at UW. Joe went from 5-Star, "can't miss" prospect to a guy who barely put up 1,200 yards and 6 TDs in 4 seasons at Clemson. Daniyel had to Redshirt and barely ran for 272 yards before transferring out himself. How about Kaiden Bennett? How's his college career playing out? Not to pick on Folsom so let's ask about Hassan Mahasin. I'm sure he's challenging the depth chart at San Diego State, right? I'll make sure to circle back when Pittsburg's Jaden Rashada tears it up and becomes a household name across the country.

Truth is a lot of coaches sell parents things and parents eat it up thinking their child is God's gift to the sport of American Football. The kid may be good but far and few are the players who go from being a Division 2 or 3 talent to FBS Level contributor because Patrick Walsh or Paul Doherty christened him when in need of depth at his position group. But of course, every parent thinks their kid is "that one kid".

Reactions: THEOC89
I offer a different perspective… There are several kids that I know first hand that started getting recruited after transferring and stepping foot on a “showcase” field…

Grant it, there are some can’t miss kids who recruiters flock to naturally but there are several kids who benefit from the “showcase” school platform.

It is hard to get kids exposure. Especially when you don’t have money to attend camps, your neighborhood school can barely field a football team, and the coach is a PE teacher that should probably be an assistant Pop Warner coach.

The other gift of several coaches is graduating kids and working hard to get them through the NCAA eligibility center. Not every family is equipped to navigate the NCAA eligibility center without a school support system that specializes in college recruiting. Keep in mind, every High School is not set up to offer specialized support for college prospects.

Success in the NCAA is no guarantee. It’s highly competitive in P5 schools and even some non P5 institutions. The biggest goal for most of these families is getting the college scholarship. That’s the ultimate prize that keeps many families from going into major debt. You also have families that can’t afford their children’s college education.

You mentioned the Folsom kids aka Reno Express…. We wouldn’t even know their names if they didn’t attend Folsom…. These young men received a ton of hype while at Folsom. They benefited from being at Folsom, which is one of two showcase schools in the Sacramento region. They were national recruits, CA state Champs, All City/State honorees, and recipients of scholarships. Joe Ngata just graduated from Clemson and signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Guaranteed 200k…

That’s not a bad deal…..

Reactions: THEOC89
Mahasin entered the transfer portal after spring practice. I'm sure he was down the depth chart but coming off a redshirt year after knee surgery one has to be patient. As far as I know he hasn't gone on to another 4 year school. My bet he'll end up at CSM or CCSF foe next year.

Not sure why someone would put all those kids on blast. At the D1 level, everyone was a star in high school. It’s not easy to get playing time. Mahasin is a great kid and a super hard worker (just coming off his redshirt year) — he just had a tough break with his ACL injury. I’ll bet he does really well at JC and gets back to D1.

If you want success stories — Nusi Malani, Nio Mafi, and Junior Fehoko come to mind from the WCAL. Malani is first string at Washington State and Mafi and Fehoko just got drafted.

Reactions: BigMann08
Not sure why someone would put all those kids on blast. At the D1 level, everyone was a star in high school. It’s not easy to get playing time. Mahasin is a great kid and a super hard worker (just coming off his redshirt year) — he just had a tough break with his ACL injury. I’ll bet he does really well at JC and gets back to D1.

If you want success stories — Nusi Malani, Nio Mafi, and Junior Fehoko come to mind from the WCAL. Malani is first string at Washington State and Mafi and Fehoko just got drafted.

Not putting those kids on blast but rather pointing out that for the greatness of their programs they sure as hell went into their college careers lacking development. I get that you have to be borderline unworldly to have any kind of success as a true freshman or even really ****ing good to sniff the field. But when you’re weeded out within a year it means you came in under developed and unprepared and that’s on coaching. Call me whatever but I said that about Mahasin when he was in HS…was he a running back? Was he a receiver? The answer is that he was Walsh’s savior…and he got put in so many situations to save that mf anywhere on the field that he never quite developed as either.

I can actually say the same thing about Dominique Lampkin. He played QB because he was a good enough athlete to hide Walsh and Bell’s deficiencies but how much was he really developing? The kid had Division 1 safety written all over him but they chose not to develop him as what he truly was for Walsh’s own benefit. When Lampkin makes it out of JC as a division 1 safety, remember what I’m telling you.

Last edited:
I offer a different perspective… There are several kids that I know first hand that started getting recruited after transferring and stepping foot on a “showcase” field…

Grant it, there are some can’t miss kids who recruiters flock to naturally but there are several kids who benefit from the “showcase” school platform.

It is hard to get kids exposure. Especially when you don’t have money to attend camps, your neighborhood school can barely field a football team, and the coach is a PE teacher that should probably be an assistant Pop Warner coach.

The other gift of several coaches is graduating kids and working hard to get them through the NCAA eligibility center. Not every family is equipped to navigate the NCAA eligibility center without a school support system that specializes in college recruiting. Keep in mind, every High School is not set up to offer specialized support for college prospects.

Success in the NCAA is no guarantee. It’s highly competitive in P5 schools and even some non P5 institutions. The biggest goal for most of these families is getting the college scholarship. That’s the ultimate prize that keeps many families from going into major debt. You also have families that can’t afford their children’s college education.

You mentioned the Folsom kids aka Reno Express…. We wouldn’t even know their names if they didn’t attend Folsom…. These young men received a ton of hype while at Folsom. They benefited from being at Folsom, which is one of two showcase schools in the Sacramento region. They were national recruits, CA state Champs, All City/State honorees, and recipients of scholarships. Joe Ngata just graduated from Clemson and signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. Guaranteed 200k…

That’s not a bad deal…..

That’s an easy perspective to share as transfers usually happen before a junior season which is when most kids begin to get looked at to begin with. Take the receiver from Tennyson for example, Taeshaun Lyons. Kid didn’t really blow up until his junior year. But was that because he transferred to Tennyson or because it simply wasn’t his time? Tennyson is just now picking up steam so you can’t really say they had a showcase field for him to step on before he transferred in. And I personally have a really hard time believing that a kid who ultimately picked up 25 offers, a top 10 player in the state and a national recruit would have received zero had he never left Kennedy.

And on the topic of The Reno Express…are you positive that we wouldn’t know The Ngata Brothers and Kaiden Bennett had they not left Nevada for Folsom? Because last I checked, the cousin who stayed in Reno has the biggest name of the three…Brandon Aiyuk

That’s an easy perspective to share as transfers usually happen before a junior season which is when most kids begin to get looked at to begin with. Take the receiver from Tennyson for example, Taeshaun Lyons. Kid didn’t really blow up until his junior year. But was that because he transferred to Tennyson or because it simply wasn’t his time? Tennyson is just now picking up steam so you can’t really say they had a showcase field for him to step on before he transferred in. And I personally have a really hard time believing that a kid who ultimately picked up 25 offers, a top 10 player in the state and a national recruit would have received zero had he never left Kennedy.

And on the topic of The Reno Express…are you positive that we wouldn’t know The Ngata Brothers and Kaiden Bennett had they not left Nevada for Folsom? Because last I checked, the cousin who stayed in Reno has the biggest name of the three…Brandon Aiyuk
I believe a talented young man can get spotted at a school like Kennedy, especially if he is a top talent. But my research/experience tells me that these kids usually end up at community colleges or out of football altogether…

You have to keep in mind that a lot of these student athletes have parents and relatives that were also student athletes. Some of these parents played professionally, collegiately, etc.

Others blew opportunities or felt that their HS didn’t prepare them for college. So parents are trying to give their kids the best chance at success. You try telling a parent who played high school football on a team that barely suited up 18 players to make their kid endure the same experience.

Some kids thrive off of coming up out of the trenches. But a lot of families aren’t doing that any more. Which is why you see so many kids at Bosco or MD.

This is why you see so many kids at Folsom.

Regarding Reno Express: It looks like the cousin, Brandon Aiyuk went to Sierra Junior College which is in the Sacramento area. (Go Figure) That’s probably how Reno Express made their way to Folsom. This all makes sense now… The schools are 13 miles apart…

* side note: Sacramento region(NorCal as a whole) has great JuCo football because so many talented players don’t qualify or get the looks……)

SJS football is the biggest platform in NorCal and among the best in the nation, primarily because it encompasses such a large area. (Imagine the NCS and CCS combining). The young men got a chance to play in the SFL, which at the time was considered the best conference in NorCal and against the likes of DLS…

Above all that, they got to play for Troy Taylor, who is regarded as one of the greatest offensive minds in football. People don’t realize how blessed they were to have an FBS Pac-12 head coach as your offensive coordinator.

Not putting those kids on blast but rather pointing out that for the greatness of their programs they sure as hell went into their college careers lacking development. I get that you have to be borderline unworldly to have any kind of success as a true freshman or even really ****ing good to sniff the field. But when you’re weeded out within a year it means you came in under developed and unprepared and that’s on coaching. Call me whatever but I said that about Mahasin when he was in HS…was he a running back? Was he a receiver? The answer is that he was Walsh’s savior…and he got put in so many situations to save that mf anywhere on the field that he never quite developed as either.

I can actually say the same thing about Dominique Lampkin. He played QB because he was a good enough athlete to hide Walsh and Bell’s deficiencies but how much was he really developing? The kid had Division 1 safety written all over him but they chose not to develop him as what he truly was for Walsh’s own benefit. When Lampkin makes it out of JC as a division 1 safety, remember what I’m telling you.

I think this is the main difference between the Serra coach-Walsh, and Riordan Coach-Ahdir.

I think the Riordan coach is more focused on the player rather than his self.

Reactions: LecheDeMiPalo
I think this is the main difference between the Serra coach-Walsh, and Riordan Coach-Ahdir.

I think the Riordan coach is more focused on the player rather than his self.

WOW! I never thought of it that way but I think you’re right! I can’t say I know either but I’ve met both. If you had never met Adhir and caught him outside of his natural habitat you’d think he were just some (overpriced) coffee drinking techie. Easy going, respectful, willing to talk about life outside of football.

Pat Walsh was not that way at all. He has a “big time” personality for sure.

Regarding Reno Express: It looks like the cousin, Brandon Aiyuk went to Sierra Junior College which is in the Sacramento area. (Go Figure) That’s probably how Reno Express made their way to Folsom. This all makes sense now… The schools are 13 miles apart…

I knew Sierra College would be brought into the discussion LMAO.

Good try, but that’s not telling the full story. Brandon Aiyuk didn’t end up at Sierra College because he lacked development. He ended up at Sierra because he didn’t play football his Sophomore and Junior years of High School! Lol. What recruiter in their right mind was going to put a kid who had not played football since his freshman year of high school on a watch list? The fact that the McQueen coaching staff was able to get him up to speed quick enough to where he was a contributor at Sierra without needing a Grayshirt season should tell you just how competent they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89 and NCS707

Good try, but that’s not telling the full story. Brandon Aiyuk didn’t end up at Sierra College because he lacked development. He ended up at Sierra because he didn’t play football his Sophomore and Junior years of High School! Lol. What recruiter in their right mind was going to put a kid who had not played football since his freshman year of high school on a watch list? The fact that the McQueen coaching staff was able to get him up to speed quick enough to where he was a contributor at Sierra without needing a Grayshirt season should tell you just how competent they are.

McQueen is a legitimate program and their HV at the time of Brandon Aiyuk is the brother of Butte College’s now HC. McQueen and other Reno athletes go to Butte and the Sac area JC’s frequently. Not 100% sure why Brandon chose Sierra but playing right away and producing at that level of JC ball is a big achievement and testament to his HC coaches.

Reactions: LecheDeMiPalo
Agreed, McQueen is legit! To my understanding they were a power in Nevada right before Gorman blew up. You’re damn right the express would have been recruited out of there. Hell, they might have been better for it! Lol

Quite a thing to say about a coach (Walsh) with four former players in the NFL right now.

Reactions: The Heat Miser
Quite a thing to say about a coach (Walsh) with four former players in the NFL right now.
Facts are Facts No College development. The few that come in have been in youth programs and have a coach or father that have developed and prepared them for high school ball. The ones that are looking for that next level end up in So Cal or Florida. Now that the local WCAL coaching scheme is changed this fall will be interesting to see if they can hide their coaching Deficiencies regardless of the great player talent currently on rooster.

Whatever the reason is, his journey landed him at Sierra College. There is no shame in that.

I'm not disparaging the McQueen coaching staff. Not for a second. I'm sure they did help the young man along the way but the fact remains Aiyuk is an incredible athlete and a hard worker with great genes. Those natural intangibles cannot be overlooked.

Regarding Reno Express: These young men and their families decided to attend Folsom. They had every right to do so. They didn't just land at Folsom! They were attracted to Folsom. Was it the Blue field, the ESPN games, the state championships, the coaching staff, their cousin's insistence, the bigger market, better competition? Who knows.

Families make these kinds of moves all the time... The Reno Express are not the only families to make such a move. Let's just say it paid off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT