ADVERTISEMENT

Mustangs gonna win!

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Oh, wait…. Venture Mustangs at Mountain House Mustangs.

Anyway, my first games since I got my new glasses today, First one made me wanna gouge my eyes out…. Both frosh teams undefeated, hadda be good right?

…. nah…

75-25 in favor of Mountain House.

JV game is much better so far. 15-14 Mountain House with 6:43 left in the 2nd.

• Haha
Reactions: coachlittle
Just found out this game will be on NFHS. No, not the security-camera footage, real live camera operator and announcer from ABC Jam Productions, one of the best NFHS groups. Same announcer that covered last weekend’s tournament at Jesuit.

Venture JV’s run off 9 straight to open the 3rd…. 35-25 Venture, 4:15 left 3rd.

MH has totally turned this JV game around…. 48-39 Mountain House. 4:14 left.

Quick pair of buckets for Venture, MH calls time. 49-43 MH at the 3:24 mark.

OK…. not knowing the players here, will be doing the Cliff notes version…. that NFHS broadcast will be great, tho…

Wilsonburger served up by Jordan Aseffa of Mountain House…. It so happens I’m sitting next to his dad. Amazing how often stuff like that happens…. still 6-5.

EJ Campbell of MH sinks a lonnnnnng 3…. now it’s 10-8. Now 10-all, after a pair of Venture FT’s.

3-ball from beyond halfcourt catches iron, but the MH bomb bounces away…. 14-13 Venture after 1 quarter.

Sudden Venture run makes it 20-13 Venture, time out MH with 6:19 left 2nd.

Another Venture run puncutated by a runout and dunk…. it’s 28-19 Venture now, time out with 2:28 left in the half.

42-28 now, Venture in front…

PG Jacob Segura and his quickness has been a major factor for Venture, as have Mario Williams and Jayden Fakhouri with solid outside shooting. Two biggest guys on the team, and they do damage from the arc.

MH going all-in with full-court pressure, got a couple quick buckets… but Venture finally breaks it, drive, fouled. Mario Williams misses both. MH ball.

MH ain’t done yet, but it’s a super-longshot…

Another score by Campbell, steal, corner 3 for MH, suddenly it’s a 6-point game.

Now 8-points…. 50-42, but MH has it.

3-ball, no…. Venture goes the length of the floor to score. 52-42.

Segura with a spectacular putback, he’s fouled…. misses FT, but it’s now 54-42.

Drive down the left side, right to the hoop for Venture, this baby’s about over. Now it’s 56-43. 3 minutes left.

Backcut score for MH, now it’s 56-45.

Venture just needs to take care of the rock for a bit…. But there’s a steal! Campbell scores! 56-47. Too late, tho…

1:45 left, foul game commences.

Now it’s 58-51, MH doing a lot of things right down the stretch, not so much by Venture. but there’s only 1:15 left.

Nope, one or five mistakes too many to even have a shot…. 60-51.

Both teams will get some lessons from this one…

Campbell with a 3, 62-54, but just 8 seconds left…. hack and hope ain’t gonna do it. Venture wins 64-57 after another Campbell 3 at the buzzer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT