ADVERTISEMENT

My spot for the evening....

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I wasn’t gonna say much all til the varsity game, but just a quick observation about DLS’s new training room (awesome) and partially-remodeled gym... VERY nice!

While it’d be nice if they had found a way to expand the size a little bit, they redid the gym entrance and... Remember last year that I said DLS would take one peep at Dublin’s new scoreboards and get a set of their own? I was 100% correct. They also put in new shot-clock/game-clock displays over the backboards.

Anyway... Halftime of the freshman game, and the snazzy new scoreboards read DLS 40, Bethel 11.

I’ll shut up now til the varsity game...

JV lost 50-49, close, exciting game...

This after the frosh won by 35.

Bring on the varsity!

Specatular DLS run! 45-12... Run featuring a huge steal-and-JAM by Chris Bunch... A couple trips earlier, he did a chase-down swat from WAYYYYY above the square... Goaltending, but... WOW!

DLS scrimmaged Mitty and played O’Dowd in the Foundation game (won by 18). Two games that probably don’t show up in their schedule. Both Chaminade (LA) and Bishop Walsh (DC) are in the Vontoure Classic this week. Bishop Walsh - already in town - was mistaken by a friend at Chick-fil-A as a college team given their size. They will also play in the top bracket at the MaxPreps Holiday Classic (Palm Springs). First game against Capital Christian.

Reactions: ayalar09
DLS scrimmaged Mitty and played O’Dowd in the Foundation game (won by 18). Two games that probably don’t show up in their schedule. Both Chaminade (LA) and Bishop Walsh (DC) are in the Vontoure Classic this week. Bishop Walsh - already in town - was mistaken by a friend at Chick-fil-A as a college team given their size. They will also play in the top bracket at the MaxPreps Holiday Classic (Palm Springs). First game against Capital Christian.

First game in tournament for DLS is Fairfield, which had to go to overtime to defeat Bethel.
Both Chaminade and Bishop Walsh are on the opposite side of the bracket, so DLS would only face one of those teams. Disingenuous to mention both as if they may face DLS.
Scrimmages and Foundation games are meaningless as far as strength of schedule.

i bet most schools in the area do not want to play de la salle so you have to schedule who you can

Theyll get plenty of comp in league against teams like Dublin, Dougherty & Monte Vista, but other powerful Bay Area teams seem to have no problem scheduling each other. I can’t imagine people are that afraid of DLS that they have to resort to a non league schedule like this one.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Campo used to play in the Vontoure tourney every year back in the 80’s and 90’s, so with that example I can’t imagine they would decline if DLS asked them for a single game sometime.. This is probably true if at least some others around here...

Bonus trivia: These Vontoure appearances were the thing that made me a Campo fan. Then as now, their style was exciting and the kids battled HARD.

Last edited:
Another thought... DLS has played good teams in non-league December games not all that long ago... They played at Alameda in one of the Hornets’ top seasons, for example... like what, um just 3 years ago? Dunno why the weak nonleague slate since then...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT