ADVERTISEMENT

NBL Oak Opening Week

UncleYacht

Sports Fanatic
Mar 2, 2017
Montgomery was very fortunate to escape with a hard fought victory against cross town rival Cardinal Newman 47-45. For those thinking that Newman was potentially going to have a down year after last year's postseason run and graduating some studs, let me tell you right now...that's not the case, not the case at all! It was a battle! Vikings were down starting 3 year varsity player, Will Grafe due to injury and Newman is down their big and have a stud coming aboard in a couple days. Great game. The Viking Dome was packed! @northbaybbguru was in attendance and will verify that Newman is in good shape for another postseason run...and very young! I'm sure @larry legend33 and @winetot were watching from the comfort of their homes.......and who knows...maybe even @Bitter Branson Fan . The next rerun at Fitzgerald Gymnasium will be a grind for sure! Cheers to entertaining and well coached high school basketball!

Reactions: bearphan
Let me just say the CN community is fired up over the future of the young cards.

They lead the entire game until Monty took the lead with 6 secs to go.

For many stretches in the 2nd half CN was playing FOUR freshman and 1 sophomore.

Their youngsters are REALLY GOOD...

Streak needs to take a look at frosh starter AJ for his class rankings. He will most likely be a 4 yr starter at CN. He's a stud.

2 starters for CN aren't playing yet. Their starting center who got banged up playing football and of course their impact transfer from Cloverdale (that's not something said very often..lol).

CN let 1 get away that they had a legit shot of winning. Good comeback effort by Monty to hold serve at home.

Monty is big, strong and mature.

4 seniors, 1 6'8 junior... starters

They go 6'8 6'5 and 6'3 with 2 other starters looks to me like over 6 ft also.

They are the clear preseason favorite...their guard #23 is probably the preseason favorite for MVP. IMO... in the CN victory he hit big shot after big shot to keep them in it and allowed them to eventually pull out the nail-biter win. Hell of an effort by 23.

So it was a good effort by the young cards...but moral victory's don't count in the standings haha...good job snatching victory from the jaws of defeat by Monty.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Montgomery was very fortunate to escape with a hard fought victory against cross town rival Cardinal Newman 47-45. For those thinking that Newman was potentially going to have a down year after last year's postseason run and graduating some studs, let me tell you right now...that's not the case, not the case at all! It was a battle! Vikings were down starting 3 year varsity player, Will Grafe due to injury and Newman is down their big and have a stud coming aboard in a couple days. Great game. The Viking Dome was packed! @northbaybbguru was in attendance and will verify that Newman is in good shape for another postseason run...and very young! I'm sure @larry legend33 and @winetot were watching from the comfort of their homes.......and who knows...maybe even @Bitter Branson Fan . The next rerun at Fitzgerald Gymnasium will be a grind for sure! Cheers to entertaining and well coached high school basketball!

i'm more of an NBL Redwood guy, SVDP quietly 10-0!

• Love
Well, we may have just seen a potential postseason matchup in Mid December at the Viking Dome. After seeing that Redwood beat SRV by ten, I immediately circled this contest on my daily planner(A failure to plan is planning to fail). Let me start by saying that Redwood is talented, physical and very well coached. For the first time I can remember, I think the 6th Man and home crowd at the Viking Dome really shifted the game in Montgomery's favor. The atmosphere was electric! MHS G, DeVries coming out of the gate like Usain Bolt and well...finishing like Usain Bolt was ultimately too much for Redwood to handle. Soph PG, Sovonn Eng added 4 trifectas as well! The Vikes cruised to a 64-51 victory. Now we get to see Newman & Windsor have at each other tomorrow at the Casa tourney. @northbaybbguru is it me or do they play each other like every other game it seems like? LOL! @Bitter Branson Fan would probably even go as far as to agree with me that hoops north of the golden gate is definitely back! MCAL & NBL are so back! I have a feeling even @larry legend33 tuned in from Sac Town! I think so many teams are so level that we may not even visit www.upsetcity.com this year...

Well, we may have just seen a potential postseason matchup in Mid December at the Viking Dome. After seeing that Redwood beat SRV by ten, I immediately circled this contest on my daily planner(A failure to plan is planning to fail). Let me start by saying that Redwood is talented, physical and very well coached. For the first time I can remember, I think the 6th Man and home crowd at the Viking Dome really shifted the game in Montgomery's favor. The atmosphere was electric! MHS G, DeVries coming out of the gate like Usain Bolt and well...finishing like Usain Bolt was ultimately too much for Redwood to handle. Soph PG, Sovonn Eng added 4 trifectas as well! The Vikes cruised to a 64-51 victory. Now we get to see Newman & Windsor have at each other tomorrow at the Casa tourney. @northbaybbguru is it me or do they play each other like every other game it seems like? LOL! @Bitter Branson Fan would probably even go as far as to agree with me that hoops north of the golden gate is definitely back! MCAL & NBL are so back! I have a feeling even @larry legend33 tuned in from Sac Town! I think so many teams are so level that we may not even visit www.upsetcity.com this year...

The unthinkable happened and we may get to see Branson play Newman and Monty in NCS D2. #nblisback

• Love
I've got a question for @northbaybbguru Is Petaluma the real deal? I know schedule probably hasn't been that great yet, but haven't seen them li

Whats your definition of "real deal"?

They should compete for the Vine Valley title. They have a good Asian guard who's pretty slick and some upperclassman size.
Good enough to make the section for sure.
Must be respected if you play them.

I’m kind of shocked Marin Catholic is not only bad, but scheduling very poorly (played Urban and Petaluma twice). They used to be a team to be reckoned with, but I guess not so much anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT