ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em - Week 2

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
#3 Del Oro (2-0) vs. #16 Bellarmine (2-0) 7:00 PM at San Jose City College Game of the Week

If this year’s game can get close to the 2015 version in Loomis, football fans are in for a treat on Friday. The Golden Eagles have given up three first half points this year in building 20+ point leads in wins over St. Paul and Pleasant Valley. Bellarmine has grinded out two wins over Menlo-Atherton and Clovis North behind new leading rushers Brendan Manigo and Austin Ajiake.

Del Oro wins 27-24

#14 Serra (0-2) at #10 Pittsburg (2-0) 7:00 PM

The road for Serra doesn't get much easier this week with a trip to Pittsburg. The Padres have quarterback/running back Leki Nunn, who is dynamic at either position, but the defense has struggled through two weeks. Pittsburg is paced by senior running back Montaz Thompson, who rushed for nearly 300 yards in the opening win against Mitty

Pittsburg wins 28-21

Justin-Siena (1-1) at Bishop O’Dowd (1-0) 7:00 PM

Justin-Siena bounced back from an opening loss to beat Sacred Heart Cathedral (26-13). The Braves are led by Oregon State quarterback commit Aidan Willard. Bishop O’Dowd has four seniors with Division I offers and is coming off a 58-7 win over Tamalpais. Sophomore Austin Jones rushed for more than 100 yards in the win.

Bishop O’Dowd wins 35-34

San Benito (2-0) at Los Gatos (1-1) 7:00 PM

A good September gauge for the Santa Clara Valley Athletic League - De Anza Division and the Monterey Bay Athletic League - Gabilan Division takes place in Los Gatos. Haybalers’ running back Hunter Nye has 263 yards and four touchdowns through two games. Los Gatos has had balanced production running and throwing the ball. In the loss to Corona del Mar, Los Gatos gave up points in every quarter.

San Benito wins 17-14

Analy (2-0) at #15 Cardinal Newman (1-1) 7:00 PM

Points should be easy to come by with the two best quarterbacks in the North Bay on the field in Cardinal Newman’s Jordon Brookshire and Analy’s Jack Newman. Analy is averaging 51 points per game compared to 38 for the Cardinals, which have played the stiffer competition through two weeks.

Cardinal Newman wins 42-28

Los Banos (2-0) at Golden Valley (2-0) 7:00 PM

In the southern half of the Sac-Joaquin Section, which team will move to 3-0? The Cougars are paced by senior running back Isaiah Montanez, who rushed for 330 yards against Beyer last week. Los Banos is looking to contend in the Western Athletic Conference and beat Liberty Ranch (12-9) last Friday.

Golden Valley wins 28-21

#4 St. Mary’s-Stockton (2-0) at #13 Central Catholic (1-1) 7:15 PM

The Holy Bowl is a Top 20 matchup after Central Catholic saw its win streak snapped last week in a 28-25 defeat to Cathedral Catholic. The Raiders have RB/LB Montell Bland along with a host of other skill players to watch for. The Rams may be the best offense in NorCal through two weeks. Running back Dusty Frampton and wide receiver Dewey Cotton make defenses “pick their poison” and the Rams’ defense has made enough stops against quality offenses in Serra and Cardinal Newman.

St. Mary’s-Stockton wins 31-28

Wood (2-0) at Liberty (1-1) 7:15 PM

Liberty fell to Vacaville, but beat then ranked San Leandro this past week as a darkhorse in the upcoming Bay Valley Athletic League play. Junior quarterback Ryan Dutt has thrown for more than 600 yards. Wood continues to boast an explosive offense in averaging nearly 50 points in wins over Concord and River Valley. Junior quarterback Carson Strong has thrown for 747 yards and seven touchdowns.

Wood wins 49-42

#7 Valley Christian-San Jose (2-0) at Pleasant Valley (1-1) 7:30 PM

A week after traveling to Del Oro, Pleasant Valley will host Valley Christian. The Warriors have looked like the best team in the West Catholic Athletic League through two weeks behind a big offensive line, a good running game and a timely passing attack under quarterback Miles Kendrick. Pleasant Valley is dealing with injuries in the backfield and rushed for less than three yards per carry against Del Oro.

Valley Christian wins 24-14

Monterey Trail (2-0) vs. Vista del Lago (1-1) 7:30 PM at Folsom HS

Monterey Trail is led offensively by quarterback Robert Holt and wide receiver Bishop Brown as it eyes its first winning season since 2014 when it went 8-5. The Mustangs haven’t won double digit games since 2010. Vista del Lago bounced back from a loss to Oak Ridge to beat Ponderosa (34-27). Brent Schaeffer and Brenden Hall have connected for 346 yards and two scores.

Monterey Trail wins 28-20

Last edited:
10. Cardinal Newman
9. Monterey Trail
8. Valley Christian
7. Golden Valley
6. Wood
5. St. Mary's-Stockton
4. Pittsburg
3. Del Oro (27-24)
2. San Benito
1. Bishop O'Dowd

Last edited:
10. ST. MARY'S
09. CARDINAL NEWMAN
08. MONTEREY TRAILS
07. GOLDEN VALLEY
06. DEL ORO (28-27)
05. VALLEY CHRISTIAN
04. WOOD
03. BISHOP O'DOWD
02. LOS GATOS
01. PITTSBURG

CT4L

Last edited:
No he's just trolling. I started that a couple years ago. . I found it easier to pick teams on your phone . i usually pick on the way to a game on Friday

10. Cardinal Newman
9. Wood
8. Bishop O'Dowd
7. Valley Christian
6. St. Mary's
5. Pittsburg
4. San Benito
3. Vista Del Lago
2. Golden Valley
1. Del Oro (32-27)

10. Cardinal Newman

9. St. Mary's - Stockton

8. San Benito

7. Valley Christian

6. Golden Valley (Merced)

5. Wood

4. Del Oro (27-21)

3. Monterey Trail

2. Bishop O'Dowd

1. Serra

10 - Monterey Trail
9 - San Benito
8 - Cardinal Newman
7 - Pittsburg
6 - Del Oro 42-28
5 - Bishop O'Dowd
4 - St. Mary's-Stockton
3 - Valley Christian
2 - Wood
1 - Golden Valley

10 Cardinal Newman
9 Monterey Trail
8 Wood
7 Del Oro (28-21)
6 Valley Christian
5 San Benito
4 St. Mary's
3 Golden Valley
2 Pittsburg
1 Justin-Siena

10 CN
9 St Marys
8 MT
7 VC
6 Del oro 28-17
5 Pitt
4 Odowd
3 Wood
2 San Benito
1 Los Banos

Last edited:
Maybe i should have said copycat .No I'm talking about the blank list. Ive been the only poster for years doing it and i explained why. Why did you do it

10. O'Dowd
9. Valley Christian
8. Wood
7. Pittsburg
6. Monterey Trail
5. Del Oro (28-21)
4. St. Mary's
3. San Benito
2. Analy
1. Golden Valley

10. San Benito
9. Valley Christian
8. Wood
7. Del Oro (35-21)
6. Bishop O'Dowd
5. Cardinal Newman
4. Pittsburg
3. Golden Valley
2. St. Mary's
1. Vista Del Lago

Maybe i should have said copycat .No I'm talking about the blank list. Ive been the only poster for years doing it and i explained why. Why did you do it
I copied it from you. If it's a problem I have no problem going back to my old system of writing in teams and changing them as I learn more about the match-ups. That being said, I didn't realize you had the copyrights(c) on the "blank list". My intent wasn't to disrespect you but was to get on the board as soon as possible. I could have done that without using your "blank list" but I didn't see it as a problem. After this week I'll go back to my own system. The new CT4L system aka the PGW system. The one you complained about last year.;)

CT4L

10. Cardinal Newman
9. Valley Christian
8. Wood
7. St. Mary's
6. Del Oro (35-24)
5. Golden Valley
4. Monterey Trail
3. Pittsburg
2. San Benito
1. Justin-Siena

I copied it from you. If it's a problem I have no problem going back to my old system of writing in teams and changing them as I learn more about the match-ups. That being said, I didn't realize you had the copyrights(c) on the "blank list". My intent wasn't to disrespect you but was to get on the board as soon as possible. I could have done that without using your "blank list" but I didn't see it as a problem. After this week I'll go back to my own system. The new CT4L system aka the PGW system. The one you complained about last year.;)

CT4L
LOL. No complaints just busting your chops. . I think for myself ,don't care what anyone else pics. Just like when i golf i don't read how others ball break on the green. Most people don't have a pure stroke so example if they cut across the ball it will spin clockwise and break rt and give a false read . Im confident in my own pure stroke just like my own pics. I called you out last year cause you know you changed your pics based on others.. I don't edit my pics. I got caught a few times in the past trying to drive down 99 and making pics on my phone. its easier when the numbers are there so you don't have to keep switching letters to numbers

10 pts Monterey Trail
9 pts Del Oro 35-21
8 pts Wood
7 pts Pittsburg
6 pts Valley Christian
5 pts Cardinal Newman
4 pts Golden Valley
3 pts St. Mary's
2 pts Los Gatos
1 pt Justin-Sienna

10. Valley Christian
9. Monterey Trail
8. Cardinal Newman
7. Bishop O'Dowd
6. Wood
5. St. Mary's
4. Golden Valley
3. Del Oro (21-18)
2. Pittsburg
1. Los Gatos

10. St. Mary's of Stockton… Duh
9. Monterey Trail
8. Del Oro 28-24
7. Cardinal Newman
6. Serra
5. Wood
4. Golden Valley
3. Los Gatos
2. Valley Christian
1. BOD

LOL. No complaints just busting your chops. . I think for myself ,don't care what anyone else pics. Just like when i golf i don't read how others ball break on the green. Most people don't have a pure stroke so example if they cut across the ball it will spin clockwise and break rt and give a false read . Im confident in my own pure stroke just like my own pics. I called you out last year cause you know you changed your pics based on others.. I don't edit my pics. I got caught a few times in the past trying to drive down 99 and making pics on my phone. its easier when the numbers are there so you don't have to keep switching letters to numbers
Good stuff! I'm not a golf guy but I've been a 2000+ chess player when I was active. And I'm confident in my "cross bishop" opening aka "Double Bishop Fianchettos" opening. When I play with white I'm hard to beat and my opening is more aggressive on the offense with my C-2 Bishop and G-3 Knight. When I play with the black pieces I'm more defensive or cautious and make many last minute decisions when playing a one minute time'd game. Just like I do in Pick'em. I also make the same move twice to get a player to vacant a particular area of the board. That being said, I think it's a smart strategic move to wait to the last minute to get your pick'ems in. Therefore, no one can copy your picks at the last minute.

CT4L

Last edited:
10. Cardinal Newman
9. Valley Xian
8. Del Oro (34-21)
7. Bishop O'Dowd
6. Holister
5. St. Marys
4. Golden Shower
3. Monterey Trail
2. Liberty
1. Serra

10. Cardinal Newman
9. Monterey Trail
8. Valley Christian
7. Golden Valley
6. Wood
5. St. Mary's-Stockton
4. Pittsburg
3. Del Oro (27-24)
2. San Benito
1. Bishop O'Dowd

When is the last time Monte Vista/Foothill wasn't in the weekly pick 'em?

10-St. Mary's
9--Valley Christian
8--Pittsburg
7--Cardinal Newman
6--Monterey Trail
5--Liberty
4--Golden Valley
3--Bishop O'Dowd
2--San Benito
1--Bellarmine(21-20)

10-St. Mary's
9--Valley Christian
8--Pittsburg
7--Cardinal Newman
6--Monterey Trail
5--Liberty
4--Golden Valley
3--Bishop O'Dowd
2--San Benito
1--Bellarmine(21-20)

Dan, St. Mary's your 10 point pick again? Wow! I guess I am going to have to go with you again on this one, even though I truly think the game is going to be much closer. I guess no one is listening to me when I say that St. Mary's defense is questionable and Central Catholic has a solid defense. I guess I better listen to you and not myself, too. LOL!

Dan, St. Mary's your 10 point pick again? Wow! I guess I am going to have to go with you again on this one, even though I truly think the game is going to be much closer. I guess no one is listening to me when I say that St. Mary's defense is questionable and Central Catholic has a solid defense. I guess I better listen to you and not myself, too. LOL!

Heck yeah picking them at 10 for the third week in a row.

xO 10 Ox Cardinal Newman
Xo 9 oX Valley Christian (San Jose)
xO 8 Ox Monterey Trail
Xo 7 oX Golden Valley
xO 6 Ox Pittsburg
Xo 5 oX San Benito
xO 4 Ox Del Oro (30-27)
Xo 3 oX St. Mary's
xO 2 Ox Liberty
Xo 1 oX Justin Siena

10) ST. MARY'S - STOCKTON (per Dan12Kings's advice)
09) CARDINAL NEWMAN
08) VALLEY CHRISTIAN - SAN JOSE
07) MONTEREY TRAIL
06) DEL ORO (31-23)
05) WOOD
04) SAN BENITO
03) BISHOP O'DOWD
02) PITTSBURG
01) GOLDEN VALLEY

Last edited:
10. Bishop O Dowd
9. Wood
8. Del Oro 28-20
7. San Benito
6. Golden Valley
5. Pittsburg
4. Central Catholic
3. Cardinal Newman
2, Mont Trail
1. Pleasant Valley

10-DO 35-17
9-VC
8-Pittsburg
7-San Benito
6-St. Mary’s-Stockton
5-Monterey Trail
4-Cardinal Newman
3-Wood
2-Bishop O’Dowd
1-Golden Valley

10 - San Benito
9 - Monterey Trail
8 - St. Mary's
7 - Card Newman
6 - Valley Christian
5 - Del Oro 34-28
4 - Pitt
3 - Golden Valley
2 - BOD
1 - Liberty

10. Monterey Trail
9. Pleasant Grove
8. Los Gatos
7. Del Oro 34 Bells 24
6. Liberty
5. Pitt
4. BOD
3. Cardinal Newman
2. Los Banos
1. St Mary's

NorCalSportsFan week 2 picks

10. Cardinal Newman
9. Valley Christian
8. St Mary’s-Stockton
7. DelOro (28-21)
6. Monterey Trail
5. Golden Valley
4. Wood
3. Pittsburg
2. Bishop O’Dowd
1. San Benito/Hollister

Last edited:
Congrats to Rmbr26 on a perfect week 2. Please post any scoring mistakes by 12:00 PM on Monday.

San Benito beats Los Gatos 35-14

Valley Christian beats Pleasant Valley 17-14

Del Oro beats Bellarmine 16-14

Cardinal Newman beats Analy 42-26

Bishop O’Dowd beats Justin-Siena 56-0

Pittsburg beats Serra 48-25

Liberty beats Wood 42-36

St. Mary’s beats Central Catholic 49-0

Golden Valley beats Los Banos 42-36

Monterey Trail beats Vista del Lago 62-42

Weekly Scores

Rmbr26 55

Bella123 54

Dan12Kings 54

Lakers2480Bulldogs 54

NorCalHSFan 53

WCAL75 52

H.E.A.T. 51

NorCalSportsFan 51

Irish_Cheers 50

Bulldogmgc 50

Streak One 49

CaliTrojan4Life 49

Superslow 48

FBAddict 46

SacFB 46

DO Fan 46

mshNASTY 45

2wcats 44

Ncscalfootball 43

That209guy 41

Farmair3 41

PAL95 36

Yearly Top 5:
Dan12Kings 143
H.E.A.T. 141
Superslow 139
CaliTrojan4Life 139
WCAL75 139

Congrats to Rmbr26 on a perfect week 2. Please post any scoring mistakes by 12:00 PM on Monday.

San Benito beats Los Gatos 35-14

Valley Christian beats Pleasant Valley 17-14

Del Oro beats Bellarmine 16-14

Cardinal Newman beats Analy 42-26

Bishop O’Dowd beats Justin-Siena 56-0

Pittsburg beats Serra 48-25

Liberty beats Wood 42-36

St. Mary’s beats Central Catholic 49-0

Golden Valley beats Los Banos 42-36

Monterey Trail beats Vista del Lago 62-42

Weekly Scores

Rmbr26 55

Bella123 54

Dan12Kings 54

Lakers2480Bulldogs 54

NorCalHSFan 53

WCAL75 52

H.E.A.T. 51

NorCalSportsFan 51

Irish_Cheers 50

Bulldogmgc 50

Streak One 49

CaliTrojan4Life 49

Superslow 48

FBAddict 46

SacFB 46

DO Fan 46

mshNASTY 45

2wcats 44

Ncscalfootball 43

That209guy 41

Farmair3 41

PAL95 36

Yearly Top 5:
Dan12Kings 143
H.E.A.T. 141
Superslow 139
CaliTrojan4Life 139
WCAL75 139

Good job @Rmbr26 on picking Liberty.

And wow I woke up and saw that I'm in first place. Is this real? I'm dreaming? I thank the Liberty High football team for this as their two good wins over San Leandro and Wood have given me the edge in the Pick'em contest. I'm not sure I will be able to keep this up all year tho lol I'm not that good.

Last edited:
Good job @Rmbr26 on picking Liberty.

And wow I woke up and saw that I'm in first place. Is this real? I'm dreaming? I thank the Liberty High football team for this as their two good wins over San Leandro and Wood have given me the edge in the Pick'em contest. I'm not sure I will be able to keep this up all year tho lol I'm not that good.

Thanks CT4L, Dan12 & Streak! I went back & forth on that Wood-Liberty game as well as Golden Valley-Los Banos & both end up with the same score of 42-36 [so a little luck involved as well]. First perfect score for me in I think 3 years [Whew!] :)

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Thanks CT4L, Dan12 & Streak! I went back & forth on that Wood-Liberty game as well as Golden Valley-Los Banos & both end up with the same score of 42-36 [so a little luck involved as well]. First perfect score for me in I think 3 years [Whew!] :)
I went back and forth on San Benito and Los Gatos and at the last seconds I chose the wrong team Los Gatos.

CT4L

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT