ADVERTISEMENT

Two CCS Games Tonight (2/8) with Big Post Season Implications

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
Branham 19-2 (8-1) hosts Evergreen Valley 18-5 (9-0) at 7 pm. A spot in CCS open and its automatic ticket to NorCals likely hangs in the balance.

Hollister 18-4 (12-0) visits Alisal 20-2 (11-1) at 7 pm. Don't think either team will be in Open regardless of the outcome, but the winner will get the better seed in CCS D1 and an easier path to advance to states.

Still undecided. Priory has won every league game by 20+ except its game against Pinewood, which Priory lost by 30 (that was Pinewood's smallest margin of victory in league). So Pinewood is 8-0 and Priory is 7-1. They play to close out the season at Pinewood next week.

The other end of the spectrum is also interesting as the team with the worst league record faces relegation. Right now, that is Notre Dame Belmont at 0-8, But Crystal Springs is at 1-6 and plays ND Belmont one more time.

Reactions: bunnyhopninja
Fabulous atmosphere at Alisal tonight. Hollister fans showed up en masse. But the home Alisal crowd was deafening all game long (it was senior night). Alisal wins it 68-54 to share the league title.

If you haven't seen Alisal play, it's a kick. They have a lightning quick point guard in Lesly Rodriguez Trevino who creates havoc, and a cult figure center in Yulissa Alvarez.

Alisal, now 21-2, has lost only to SPSV and by a point in the first Hollister matchup. They could not match up with the CCS powers, but should get a couple of home games in D1 and will be tough to beat at their place.

In a mild upset. Evergreen Valley beats Branham 58-52 to win its league championship outright and improve to 19-5 (10-0 in league). Branham falls to 19-3 (8-2 in league). Ryka Aprameyan had 33 to lead to the way for Evergreen. I assume this means Evergreen will take Branham's place in CCS Open.

In a mild upset. Evergreen Valley beats Branham 58-52 to win its league championship outright and improve to 19-5 (10-0 in league). Branham falls to 19-3 (8-2 in league). Ryka Aprameyan had 33 to lead to the way for Evergreen. I assume this means Evergreen will take Branham's place in CCS Open.
I'm hearing rumors that Priory may jump ahead of Evergreen and Branham for the open slot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT