ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D2 Playoff Projections

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
As of Oct 25, here are the NCS D2 playoff projections per Prep2Prep.

Current NCS D2 Projected Seeds:
1 - Bishop O’Dowd (Oakland)
2 - Rancho Cotate (Rohnert Park)
3 - Granada (Livermore)
4 - Campolindo (Moraga)
5 - Marin Catholic (Kentfield)
6 - Ukiah
7 - Benicia
8 - American Canyon
9 - Montgomery (Santa Rosa)
10 - Santa Rosa
11 - Windsor
12 - Alhambra (Martinez)
13 - Livermore
14 - Hayward
15 - Redwood (Larkspur)
16 - Casa Grande (Petaluma)

2qite6u.jpg

3 - Granada (Livermore)
4 - Campolindo (Moraga)
6 - Ukiah
7 - Benicia
8 - American Canyon
10 - Santa Rosa
11 - Windsor
12 - Alhambra (Martinez)
13 - Livermore
14 - Hayward
15 - Redwood (Larkspur)

2qite6u.jpg

Rancho Cotate would throw a party for that bracket.

3 teams they have been crushing for yrs (Ukiah, Windsor, SR) and no Campo.
I know RC beat Campo earlier this year but Campo has a good staff and I think they would make the proper adjustments and that would be a really good game. I might even lean towards Campo in a rematch.

3 - Granada (Livermore)
4 - Campolindo (Moraga)
6 - Ukiah
7 - Benicia
8 - American Canyon
10 - Santa Rosa
11 - Windsor
12 - Alhambra (Martinez)
13 - Livermore
14 - Hayward
15 - Redwood (Larkspur)

2qite6u.jpg
Looks good. Campo definite #4, good rematch with Marin. Rancho ranked highest, so Granada probably won’t climb to #2. O’Dowd & Rancho a coin toss for #1 seed. D2 looking thick. Thx

Rancho Cotate would throw a party for that bracket.

3 teams they have been crushing for yrs (Ukiah, Windsor, SR) and no Campo.
I know RC beat Campo earlier this year but Campo has a good staff and I think they would make the proper adjustments and that would be a really good game. I might even lean towards Campo in a rematch.

Rancho got them last year too! It was a good game this season. Rancho was up the whole time but Campo kept clawing back into it. It would be a tough rematch. Granada looks good also.

If Rancho comes in 9 & 1 they deserve the 1 seed with little to no resistance on their side of the bracket. That’s just my opinion though. Lol

Honestly Granada and Campolindo have claims for the 2 spot also. BOD's ranking is all potential. Last time Rancho saw them in the playoffs they supposedly had 1000 D1 players. BOD won on some mystery penalty that negated like a 80 yard TD where Rancho's back outran every one of those supposed 1000 (well 11) D1 players. That's neither here nor there though. Hopefully mysterious late penalties don't happen again for a 3rd year in a row. One can only hope!

Last edited:
Well Alhambra lost to Acalanes 44-36... Where would that place them?? Plus when was the Last time the Dogs beat the Dons??

We have to wait till the games are played today. However it plays out it looks like they’ll be playing a good football team out the gate. Bluedog2 may have that answer for you.

Montgomery fans have been chirping ALOT since they clinched the NBL2...wanting a piece of Rancho and/or CN. The DEUCE is arguably the worst football league in the state. There would be nothing more that I'd like to see than a 2nd round matchup of Rancho vs Monty.
And watch Rancho drop 60 on them. Unfortunately I don't think Monty gets out of the 1st round.

Last edited:
Montgomery fans have been chirping ALOT since they clinched the NBL2...wanting a piece of Rancho and/or CN. The DEUCE is arguably the worst football league in the state. There would be nothing more that I'd like to see than a 2nd round matchup of Rancho vs Monty.
And watch Rancho drop 60 on them. Unfortunately I don't think Monty gets out of the 1st round.

They don’t want that smoke! Monty isn’t a bad looking team. I can see them giving someone a game and possibly winning depending on the draw. They’re not beating Rancho and surely they don’t want any of Newman.

Yikes... Vikes have a good receiver but Rancho/Newman entirely different level like you said. Both teams legit have a shot to win NCS titles. That would be pretty cool coming from the same league. Its too bad that Analy/Windsor isn't as good as a few years back otherwise that would be a pretty solid league. Lots of good QB's playing JC ball. (Newman from Analy at CCSF, Simmons- SRJC, and Brookshire - Laney)

Reactions: slick58

Looks like Monty will get their chance against Rancho in Round 2, if Monty can get thru round 1. Football Gods have heard the chirping.

Looks like Monty will get their chance against Rancho in Round 2, if Monty can get thru round 1. Football Gods have heard the chirping.

Oh, I smiled when I saw that! Hopefully it plays out that way. They got a tough one with American Canyon. I saw Petaluma beat Montgomery and get rolled up by American Canyon this season. I still think Montgomery has a good chance in the first round. They should match-up well with AC.

Montgomery didn't have their starting QB all season. He's back for playoffs. It will allow them to do some things they have been unable to do all year.

(3) 3-win teams in the 16 team field. Plus (2) 4-win teams and (2) 5-win teams. This looks like the (broken) SJS playoff brackets where most of the first round games were blow-outs (even though the SJS did not allow 3 win teams in the playoffs).

(3) 3-win teams in the 16 team field. Plus (2) 4-win teams and (2) 5-win teams. This looks like the (broken) SJS playoff brackets where most of the first round games were blow-outs (even though the SJS did not allow 3 win teams in the playoffs).
And it just got a serious upgrade with BOD, Marin Catholic and Rancho Cotate just joining D2 from D3 this year.

There are always upsets most every year. Who are potentiometer sleepers. Granada, American Canyon or Montgomery?

This post season may be the final hurrah for Campo since they will be forced to compete in the D1 playoffs for the next three seasons (2019-2021) having already accumulated enough points by winning the NCS D2 championships the past two seasons. This represents a two division jump from their natural D3 division

Though they certainly won't shy away from the challenge the D1 playoffs will provide, the fact of the matter is they will likely be the only public school to ever be forced to play 2 divisions above their enrollment. As league games vs CVC the past few years have shown, it's a bit too much to ask a school of 1200 students to consistently compete against schools with twice their enrollment.

So for the next three seasons they will likely be in D1 purgatory, with little chance to make the NCS Open/state playoffs, before they can be moved back down to D2. In any event, it has been an amazing 8 year run, with this year's ending yet to be written.

This post season may be the final hurrah for Campo since they will be forced to compete in the D1 playoffs for the next three seasons (2019-2021) having already accumulated enough points by winning the NCS D2 championships the past two seasons. This represents a two division jump from their natural D3 division

Though they certainly won't shy away from the challenge the D1 playoffs will provide, the fact of the matter is they will likely be the only public school to ever be forced to play 2 divisions above their enrollment. As league games vs CVC the past few years have shown, it's a bit too much to ask a school of 1200 students to consistently compete against schools with twice their enrollment.

So for the next three seasons they will likely be in D1 purgatory, with little chance to make the NCS Open/state playoffs, before they can be moved back down to D2. In any event, it has been an amazing 8 year run, with this year's ending yet to be written.

Is this Gil Lemons last year as NCS commissioner? Do we have a definitive yes or no?

I for one hope it is and pray that we get a commissioner with a better feel for the seedings.
I think it would be fair/correct to leave Campo in D2 along with Rancho, Marin Catholic and BOD. I think those teams added to the D2 mix for the foreseeable future makes for a pretty good D2 field every year.

As it stands now I like D3 the way it is...but if the new commissioner thought it best that CN eventually got put up to D2 Id be ok with that also.

BUT...I DO NOT FEEL that BOD, CAMPO, RANCHO, MC or CN should ever, under any circumstance, be moved into D1. There should be a ceiling for those smaller D3/D4 schools....

Maybe rule should be you can only be moved up one division unless you wish to petition higher. D2 had been pretty average in past but this year its strong and should remain that way. D1 is fine with BVAL and EBAL schools that carry 2000+ population. CN I believe is natural D4, they can stay D3 play teams like Eureka, Miramonte, Moreau unless they choose to go D3

MC is the true sleeper in this group - under radar. I see Rancho v MC on that side of bracket.

Rancho will win first 3 games by average of 28 Pts and then I see them beating Campo in a rematch game from earlier in the year. ODOWD is my all warm up team. College recruits but somehow and someway never seems to translate onto the field against so called average kids. Lots of hype.

Rancho will win first 3 games by average of 28 Pts and then I see them beating Campo in a rematch game from earlier in the year. ODOWD is my all warm up team. College recruits but somehow and someway never seems to translate onto the field against so called average kids. Lots of hype.
Just watched BOD film. I think your assessment is fair.

The issue with forcing teams up is the Campo example. You force up a really good program to a level where it can't compete and in their absence, a lesser team wins their natural division.

I think having a cap for promotion is a good step to remedy this problem

The interesting thing about Gil Lemmon is that he unilaterally ruled that Campo would not be moved up to Division 1 playoffs for the 2018 season, even though they had accumulated enough points after their first two years in D2. His argument was that a team has to be in the new division for 3 seasons before they can be moved up again. Never mind it doesn't state this anywhere in the Competitive Equity proposal. Perhaps he would think about a one division cap for moving up?

I guess Monty vs RC was a dream. It wouldn't have been pretty anyway. RC is going to pound American Canyon. (I say running clock by end of 3rd).

I guess Monty vs RC was a dream. It wouldn't have been pretty anyway. RC is going to pound American Canyon. (I say running clock by end of 3rd).

Looks like Monty put up a fight. Wish they could have pulled it off. AC has a nice team. They have a nice back with good team speed. I think if Rancho plays their game and keeps playing with intensity on defense they should handle them.

Reactions: pryce57
Rancho very good, but D2 now seems to be the toughest competitive division. Not sure if Rancho themselves belives they can win it. Can they get past the next games or two. Makes it all the more exciting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT