ADVERTISEMENT

NCS playoff predictions

HSfan82

Sports Fanatic
Dec 10, 2013
Since I suck at weekly picks let give NCS playoff predictions a try….

D1
1. DLS .. still top dog until NCS loss
2. Pitt
3. CVC
4. Liberty
5 Cal .. beat Logan
6 Logan.. beat Heritage
7 Heritage
8 Amador Valley.. tough pick over Antioch

D2
1 Campo .. 10-0
2 SRV
3 Rancho Cotate
4 Foothill
5 Dublin…. Beat Livermore
6 Livermore
7 Vintage
8 Berkeley .. WAC Mission champs

D3
1. EC
2. Windsor
3 American Canyon
4 Los Lomas
5 Ukiah .. beat Casa Grande
6 Casa Grande
7 Northgate
8 College Park ..7-3. Diablo Valley champs

Reactions: THEOC89
D4
1 Marin Cath
2 Acalanes
3 Tennyson.. WAC champs
4 Cardinal Newman
5 Del Norte
6 Concord
7 Petaluma
8. Newark… WAC shoreline champs

D5
1 San Marin
2 Miramonte
3 DeAnza
4 Analy
5 St Bernard’s
6 San Rafael
….Only teams qualified

D6
1 St Marys Berk
2 Moreau
3 Justin Siena
4 Pinole
5 Middleton
6 Kennedy
7 Arcata
….Only teams qualified

Since I suck at weekly picks let give NCS playoff predictions a try….

D1
1. DLS .. still top dog until NCS loss
2. Pitt
3. CVC
4. Liberty
5 Cal .. beat Logan
6 Logan.. beat Heritage
7 Heritage
8 Amador Valley.. tough pick over Antioch

D2
1 Campo .. 10-0
2 SRV
3 Rancho Cotate
4 Foothill
5 Dublin…. Beat Livermore
6 Livermore
7 Vintage
8 Berkeley .. WAC Mission champs

D3
1. EC
2. Windsor
3 American Canyon
4 Los Lomas
5 Ukiah .. beat Casa Grande
6 Casa Grande
7 Northgate
8 College Park ..7-3. Diablo Valley champs
Doesn’t the NCS go top 12 for D1 So they can have that wonkey NCS “Open Bracket” where it would be DLS and PITT with a couple of Cannon fodder teams (Seeds 11 & 12)….

And the. The Loser of the DLS vs PITT game drops into the D1 Championship game?…. Is that all still in effect this year?….

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Want too far off….Head scratcher with Montgomery getting in D3 at 8 Seed at 3-6 over 6-3 Ukiah who beat #6 Casa Grande and 5-5 Hayward. Mont beat Ukiah but 3-6?? Why is Marin Catholic in D4 and we have too many divisions. It might be 42-0 in 1st qtr

Reactions: Cal 14 and THEOC89
Want too far off….Head scratcher with Montgomery getting in D3 at 8 Seed at 3-6 over 6-3 Ukiah who beat #6 Casa Grande and 5-5 Hayward. Mont beat Ukiah but 3-6?? Why is Marin Catholic in D4 and we have too many divisions. It might be 42-0 in 1st qtr
Totally Agree!!…. I also don’t Understand how Acalanes is D4 when the other teams in their league are D2/D3?…..

Acalanes only loss was to League champ Campo who is D2 by 3 points…. They Destroyed both Las Lamas and Northgate who are both D3 and I am pretty sure they Beat Sheldon who is SJS D1….

How is that a D4 Team?…. It seems to me that they should be at least D3 instead of Las Lomas being in the playoffs at all….

Total Head Scratcher for me on this one…. 🤣

Reactions: PatCarrillo
They need to make D2-4 one division
Completely agree especially for football:
When newman and mc are good they are usually the best teams in all of those divisions. MC this year would most likely win d2 and d3. (Unless they lay an egg I think they win d4.)
Although a healthy rancho against mc would be a fun game .
How the hell is miramonte d5?

Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
They need to make D2-4 one division
For years, D3 was stronger than D2. Marin Catholic and Cardinal Newman have no business being in D4. Same for Acalanes. That's Competitive Equity for you.

However, I think Acalanes will be the best team Marin Catholic will play this season and I am picking the Dons to win D4. Campolindo is on a collision course to play at SRV for a second consecutive year; this time for the D2 championship. I'm sure the Wolves are looking for payback after last season's semi-final playoff loss to the Cougars. El Cerrito may get tested a bit by Windsor, but I believe they will have the easiest path to a section championship in NCS.

Nothing new here; go ahead and pencil in DLS and Pittsburg as the Open and D1 champions, respectively.

For years, D3 was stronger than D2. Marin Catholic and Cardinal Newman have no business being in D4. Same for Acalanes. That's Competitive Equity for you.

However, I think Acalanes will be the best team Marin Catholic will play this season and I am picking the Dons to win D4. Campolindo is on a collision course to play at SRV for a second consecutive year; this time for the D2 championship. I'm sure the Wolves are looking for payback after last season's semi-final playoff loss to the Cougars. El Cerrito may get tested a bit by Windsor, but I believe they will have the easiest path to a section championship in NCS.

Nothing new here; go ahead and pencil in DLS and Pittsburg as the Open and D1 champions, respectively.

you think Acalanes beats MC? Interesting, they have 2 common opponents in San Marin and Redwood with MC besting both by a larger amount but i agree I can see another tight game like last time they played in NCS semis a few years back

Totally Agree!!…. I also don’t Understand how Acalanes is D4 when the other teams in their league are D2/D3?…..

Acalanes only loss was to League champ Campo who is D2 by 3 points…. They Destroyed both Las Lamas and Northgate who are both D3 and I am pretty sure they Beat Sheldon who is SJS D1….

How is that a D4 Team?…. It seems to me that they should be at least D3 instead of Las Lomas being in the playoffs at all….

Total Head Scratcher for me on this one…. 🤣
NCS goes by enrollment and a very loose “domination” rule where some teams are occasionally forced up. There is also a petition option to move up. Clearly, MC would prefer to hide out in as low of a division as possible.

Don’t overlook rancho cotati in d2. They may get Keaney back for playoffs and with him they were only beat on the road by 1 to 9-1 vanden. Even without him they have athletes and size all over the field. I would not be surprised if they beat campo.

Reactions: FBAddict
NCS goes by enrollment and a very loose “domination” rule where some teams are occasionally forced up. There is also a petition option to move up. Clearly, MC would prefer to hide out in as low of a division as possible.
It’s interesting. In the north bay you have Rancho 1500 students, strong program, in D2. Yet 1500 Analy, who has up and down streaks way in D5.
People disagree here but all coaches I know hate pure competitive equity (SS/LA almost CCS). Enrollment should play a factor. In CCS Half Moon Bay (1000) deserves to win a D2/3 banner, not to be whipped by a WCAL school in D1. SHC, great year in 2021, but did they even deserve to go to playoffs?! They got spanked by Riordan who sat at home while SHC benefited from being 3-7 and in D3.

NCS fans get ready. There are pure competitive equity proposals coming up. Pure Calprep ranking style. Where in an 8 team bracket #8 gets screwed by #9 is 1 seed in D2. Atrocious. That would give us D1 DLS vs Alcalanes.
D5 how does 2000 Granada (4-6) vs 400 Clear Lake (9-1) sound. Punishes small and rural schools.

This 7 division bullish they do in the ncs is garbage……you can make like they did back in the 4A-A do all 16 teams bracket so they get their money $$$$ and have some great matchups

Reactions: THEOC89
This 7 division bullish they do in the ncs is garbage……you can make like they did back in the 4A-A do all 16 teams bracket so they get their money $$$$ and have some great matchups
Remember when 2A/3A was north bay and east bay only? That was horrible lol

Worst idea ever didn’t even have the 2 champs meet, what imbeciles run these sections
North bay was scared of east bay “athletes”
You would think the extra gate would be more gate $$$

7div 8 team brackets is still so much better than 5 and 16. I agree 4/5/6 seem watered down. Calpreps has 5/6 weaker than 7!

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT