ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D3

How does Albany get placed behind SPSV and they beat them 2 outta 3?
Yeah, that's a travesty. Better MaxPreps rating, better record, and 2-1 head to head, including the most recent win in the TCAL-Rock semis.
Ridiculous.

If I HAD to guess I’d say body of work, and strength of schedule...then take into account that both Albany wins were by a grand total of 2 pts!! Plus SPSV best Campo and they are still behind them... head to head didn’t seem to mean as much.

Reactions: AndThree
If I HAD to guess I’d say body of work, and strength of schedule...then take into account that both Albany wins were by a grand total of 2 pts!! Plus SPSV best Campo and they are still behind them... head to head didn’t seem to mean as much.
I totally agree with you. There’s no explanation.
Albany is better than St Pats but got a lower seeding. Great decision by the committee.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Albany and SJND are too good to be facing each other in the quarterfinals!

St Vincent St Patrick got a very nice soft spot and will likely play Piner or Campo in the semis.

It was a total of 4 points, but as Nigel liked to say, "that's nitpicking, isn't it?"

Albany 10.3 vs SPSV 15.0, and will be higher accounting for the league finals vs. Salesian. And has it been mentioned that Albany beat SPSV four days ago for the second time this season? ;)

Albany non-league schedule is laughable. Cmon guys this isn't rocket science

I guess it matters cause they do give out 2nd place banners, but does it really matter??? We all know who’s gonna win this one

As long as no upsets won’t albany get to go anyway? Since Salesian will be open... plus I feel like it’d be better to be lower cause that’ll put u in a lower division when norcals start

Reactions: AHSFan2019
Won't all 5 top seeds advance to State playoffs, long as they make semis and #5 will take Salesian place once they go Open? So the #5 may benefit the most and get placed in a possible D4 bracket for State.
Yeah, in past years the four semifinalists, plus the best seeded quarterfinalist (replacing Salesian) have gone to CIF, even more reason the initial seedings are important.

Reactions: norcalbasketball
Pinole Valley has been ruled ineligible for playoffs and as such tonights first round game between Campolindo and Pinole Valley is cancelled. Campolindo advances straight to second round game on February 15 at 7pm at Campo facing the Piner/Sonoma Valley winner

Last edited:
Pinole Valley has been ruled ineligible for playoffs and as such tonights first round game between Campolindo and Pinole Valley is cancelled. Campolindo advances straight to second round game on February 15 at 7pm at Campo facing the Piner/Sonoma Valley winner

Crazy they figure this stuff out a few hours before tipoff rather than before the seeding meeting takes place.

Wow... I almost picked that game to attend... At keast I don’t hafta worry about one of my three very-much-alive teams... I’m at SJND to watch my Pilots boy/girl doubleheader.... Ironically (sort of), the Pilots ladies are taking on Pinole Valley.

Of course, my third team is DLS... They shoud grind Irvington down...

Anyway, almost time for the boys tipoff v. Alhambra. I saw Campo blast Alhambra earlier thus year, and I walked in tonight, I said two words to coach Lippi as I found my seat... “Ball Pressure!!”. Of course, I’m sure Coach already knew this and he laughed as I went by...

Anyway, I really do doubt the Bulldogs’ guards can deal successfully with strong defrensive harrassment. Pilots can do that...

Let’s see if this scenario comes to hand...

First round scores:
#1 Salesian 72-#16 Kennedy-Fremont 18
#9 San Marin 53-#8 Drake 43
#4 Albany 61-#13 Encinal 45
#5 St. Joe’s 63-#12 Alhambra 42
#2 Campolindo BYE
#7 Piner 57-#10 Sonoma Valley 30
#3 SPSV 79-#14 Rancho Cotate 45
#6 Miramonte 73-#11 Hayward 53

Quarterfinal matchups (all games Friday at 7 unless noted)
#9 San Marin at #1 Salesian
#5 St. Joe’s vs. Albany at TBD
#7 Piner at #2 Campolindo
#6 Miramonte at #3 SPSV

Last edited:
First round scores:
#1 Salesian 72-#16 Kennedy-Fremont 18
#9 San Marin 53-#8 Drake 43
#13 Encinal at #4 Albany score unknown
#5 St. Joe’s 63-#12 Alhambra 42
#2 Campolindo BYE
#7 Piner 57-#10 Sonoma Valley 30
#3 SPSV 79-#14 Rancho Cotate 45
#6 Miramonte 73-#11 Hayward 53

Quarterfinal matchups (all games Friday at 7 unless noted)
#9 San Marin at #1 Salesian
#5 St. Joe’s at TBD
#7 Piner at #2 Campolindo
#6 Miramonte at #3 SPSV
Albany 61-45.

St Joe’s at Albany, Friday. Site TBD, as Albany girls wrestling has a match.

Anyone know if Dishon Jackson is playing for SPSV? That might weigh just a tiny bit on all of these predictions...

I'll take a shot at these...

St. Joe's
St. Pat's
Campo
Salesian

For me, a tough decision regarding which game to attend, being a huge fan of both Campo and St. Joe's. However, I just spotted the site (Berzerkeley) of the Albany game. Parking and traffic often a nightmare there, so I'll be at Campo.

Predictions for this Friday?
We all know Salesian is a cake walk.
Joes vs Albany?
St pats vs Miramonte?

Call me crazy but I think the dotcom bubble ( @UncleYacht ) will find it's way to Moraga, CA tonight! Sorry @kiddman32 , keep us posted please!

The other night I couldn't sleep(bumble date "bailed" on me) so I turned to ysn365.com - THE HOME OF THE CLASSICS. They were airing at 3:47AM the epic 2005 D3 NCS semifinal between Campolindo and Piner. Blackwood and Campo pulled off the thrilling upset at Piner that night in double overtime!

Tonight Piner returns the favor with a shocking double overtime victory! You heard it here first. Somebody better film this one, because 14 years from now when you're all having a hard time falling asleep, you're gonna wanna have this one archived on ysn365.com - the home of the classics!

#upsetcitydotcom

Call me crazy but I think the dotcom bubble ( @UncleYacht ) will find it's way to Moraga, CA tonight! Sorry @kiddman32 , keep us posted please!

The other night I couldn't sleep(bumble date "bailed" on me) so I turned to ysn365.com - THE HOME OF THE CLASSICS. They were airing at 3:47AM the epic 2005 D3 NCS semifinal between Campolindo and Piner. Blackwood and Campo pulled off the thrilling upset at Piner that night in double overtime!

Tonight Piner returns the favor with a shocking double overtime victory! You heard it here first. Somebody better film this one, because 14 years from now when you're all having a hard time falling asleep, you're gonna wanna have this one archived on ysn365.com - the home of the classics!

#upsetcitydotcom

Would love to see a little love for prospector nation tonight. That would be quite a feat.

Quarterfinal matchups:
#1 Salesian 84-#9 San Marin 43
#5 St. Joe’s 37-#4 Albany 29
#2 Campolindo 70-#7 Piner 60
#3 SPSV 57-#6 Moramonte 45

Semifinal matchups (Wednesday at 7pm)
#5 St. Joe’s vs. #1 Salesian at Albany HS
#3 SPSV at #2 Campolindo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT