ADVERTISEMENT

NCS D4 and D5

damim

Sports Fanatic
Nov 10, 2016
D4- Healdsburg v Piedmont in round 2 should be a fun one. Healdsburg has some odd losses this year but when they play well they are tough to beat.

Fortuna v Del Norte in 2nd round should also be fun. Del Norte took them to OT earlier this season I believe.

I got a St Mary’s v Branson. Does Branson get to the Open or not?

D5- Stuart Hall v University will battle again! Giving University the 2 seed pretty much guarantees it. They won’t have to travel up to Lake County to play in a little ol’ Clear Lake gym. If Clear Lake plays University it will be interesting to see how good they really are. Will they lose by 10 or by 30???

Urban gets to drive all the way to the Hoopa
reservation east of Eureka! Thanks for coming!

Bentley v Berean Christian should be a good game in round 1 but it’s all inevitable at this point.

Disagree with you Observer.

O’Dowd lost to San Leandro and Mountain View

Moreau lost to James Logan twice

Branson lost to Sheldon and Riordan.

I agree they aren’t a lock, but right now I think Branson deserves a spot over O’Dowd and Moreau if they can finish off the D4 bracket. I respect the National schedules odowd and Moreau played, but Bransons defense deserves a chance to be tested in the open

Disagree with you Observer.

O’Dowd lost to San Leandro and Mountain View

Moreau lost to James Logan twice

Branson lost to Sheldon and Riordan.

I agree they aren’t a lock, but right now I think Branson deserves a spot over O’Dowd and Moreau if they can finish off the D4 bracket. I respect the National schedules odowd and Moreau played, but Bransons defense deserves a chance to be tested in the open

It would be great to see a team like Branson in the Open. I hope you’re right.

I think if Branson wins D4 they should get an open bid, just my opinion.

Unfortunately, I heard Healdsburg is missing one of their top two players, makes a huge difference for that team (see loss to Carrillo)..........they were poised to make some noise if healthy.

Moreau played a national schedule and only lost to James Logan who is one of the top teams in the Bay Area.

Hopefully they find enough room for Branson, but if they don’t get it, at least a nice consolation prize will probably be a 1 or 2 seed in D1

As for D5....Clear Lake is the one team I look at and go ok, that team worries me a little bit as a Stuart Hall backer. As does University, even though we beat them 3x but every single game went down to the wire.

While I’d love to see a Uni/Hall Pt 4, a piece of me is hoping Clear Lake can pull the upset so we can see something different.

As for D5....Clear Lake is the one team I look at and go ok, that team worries me a little bit as a Stuart Hall backer. As does University, even though we beat them 3x but every single game went down to the wire.

While I’d love to see a Uni/Hall Pt 4, a piece of me is hoping Clear Lake can pull the upset so we can see something different.

I've seen them both. Unless something crazy happens there's going to be a part 4...

Reactions: ayalar09
damim - I think you're right actually. They were down 16-4 to the Bay School who is a 16 seed in this tournament.

If Stuart Hall can win these next 4 games, I wonder where they will get seeded in CIF. Do they get a high seed in D4, or do they get a high-middle tier seed in D3?

damim - I think you're right actually. They were down 16-4 to the Bay School who is a 16 seed in this tournament.

If Stuart Hall can win these next 4 games, I wonder where they will get seeded in CIF. Do they get a high seed in D4, or do they get a high-middle tier seed in D3?

I would not be suprised to see them moved to Div 3.
By the By ayalar, you have got to be having fun with this ;)

Here's wishing you great hoops

I would not be suprised to see them moved to Div 3.
By the By ayalar, you have got to be having fun with this ;)

Here's wishing you great hoops

Can't fully predict what will happen, but if I had to guess:
Stuart Hall wins the NCS D5, they probably will be placed in CIF D3 somewhere in the 5-8 range.

If they get upset in the NCS D5, then a CIF D4 seed in the 1-4 range is probably the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT