ADVERTISEMENT

NCS OPEN results 2/21

SRV 14-9 over BOD after 1. O'Dowd just can't make a shot.

SRV 37-26 at the half. O'Dowd will cut it to eight, then give up a three.

BOD shot about 20% -- from three feet. Down 69-48 w/2:23 left.

why no double header with the boys open?
I think if SRV Boys had beaten Salesian tonight, the Boys Open championship would have been at Dublin. But they try to keep the top seeded teams closer to home. Likewise, if SRV Girls had lost to BOD tonight, the Girls Open finals would have been up in the north bay closer to CN.

Reactions: Chsmatt33
CN 60
Clet 44
Final

For CN:
Taissa 23 pts 11 rebounds
Angelo 16 pts 8 rebounds
Schat 15 pts

For CLet:
Dixon 11 pts
Ross 11 pts
Vitalicio 10 pts

Congrats @northbaybbguru. I caught Dave Cox last night for some of the game. Tissa just so strong.
Has newman ever won NCS Open? I think they lost to Salesian last time they were in that position but I could be wrong. Enjoy the ride.

Congrats @northbaybbguru. I caught Dave Cox last night for some of the game. Tissa just so strong.
Has newman ever won NCS Open? I think they lost to Salesian last time they were in that position but I could be wrong. Enjoy the ride.
CN has never won the NCS Open. They lost to St Joe's in the championship game when Anya Choice was a senior to the Lepolo (pre-Clet transfer) led S. Joe's team...

CN is the only girls team to play in every NCS Open so they are due! Lol

Reactions: larry legend33
Is the consensus here that both SRV and CN will make NorCal Open?
I would think so....

Max Preps has 5 Norcal teams in the top 9 in the state.

Mitty. 1
SMS. 4
Folsom. 6
SRV. 8
CN. 9

The winner of the CN v SRV game should make a big jump past Folsom I would think.

At this point its looking like 4 or 5 for the Open. I'm not sure I see 5 Open teams in the South.

SC 2
Etiwanda 3
CW 5
Mater Dei 7

Sage Hill? 10
Ontario Christian? 13

We may be looking at a 4 team Open...

So assuming they even out the brackets...

I think everyone can see where I'm going here...

Which section runner-up between the SJS and NCS goes D1 and immediately becomes the 1seed/ favorite to represent the North in D1?

IMO the big question is 4 or 5 in the State Open? I just can't see 6....

Reactions: Peninsula Pete
I would think so....

Mitty. 1
SMS. 4
Folsom. 6
SRV. 8
CN. 9

The winner of the CN v SRV game should make a big jump past Folsom I would think.

I agree northbaybbguru. Can't see 6. As you know, the past few years CIF has put Clovis West in the North and created an odd 5 team "bracket" last year. If they do that again, Mitty at 1 and the loser of CN / SRV at 5 seem obvious. The juggling of seeds 2, 3 and 4 will be interesting.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
I agree northbaybbguru. Can't see 6. As you know, the past few years CIF has put Clovis West in the North and created an odd 5 team "bracket" last year. If they do that again, Mitty at 1 and the loser of CN / SRV at 5 seem obvious. The juggling of seeds 2, 3 and 4 will be interesting.
Cn has a win over Folsom...so if CN was to lose to SRV I think CN would get the 4 and Folsom the 5 (in that case)

Reactions: larry legend33
You never know ...

What about LJCD? Yes, they're 19th by MaxPreps but if they win San Diego?

But the logic they've used in the past has been "Who can win? Who belongs?"

By that logic, it's Mitty, Etiwanda and Sierra Canyon, but you need at least four in both Opens (assuming they balance them -- which they shouldn't. SoCal should have one more because they have more schools.)

If they go four:

South: Etiwanda, Sierra Canyon, Mater Dei, Sage Hill.

North: Mitty, SMS, Winner of Newman-SRV, Clovis West

Five:

South: Above plus Clovis West

North: Mitty, SMS, Folsom, SRV, Newman

Six (now it gets fun):

South: Top four plus LJCD, Ontario Christian (get that freshman in the bracket)

North: Above plus Clovis West and, well, who? Oakland Tech maybe (section winner)? SI? Winner of Carondelet-O'Dowd?

Five makes the most sense to me.

Do we double T every time down court or triangle and two on her… is she that good
I have never seen her
Can't do that because Newman has shooters. And Queiroz is a willing and good passer. She's the difference among all the NCS teams. Love to see Jordan Lee guard her, or Cheli/Woliczko. Otherwise, there's no good answer.

Can't do that because Newman has shooters. And Queiroz is a willing and good passer. She's the difference among all the NCS teams. Love to see Jordan Lee guard her, or Cheli/Woliczko. Otherwise, there's no good answer.
Agree. Kate Schat I believe has a 10' 3 game earlier in the year. Tissa makes them so tough. She's like JKidd from back in the day. Big , strong, can handle, rebound... etc.

Reactions: bella123 and ClayK
You never know ...

By that logic, it's Mitty, Etiwanda and Sierra Canyon, but you need at least four in both Opens (assuming they balance them -- which they shouldn't. SoCal should have one more because they have more schools.)

If they go four:

Five:

Six (now it gets fun):

North: Above plus Clovis West and, well, who? Oakland Tech maybe (section winner)? SI? Winner of Carondelet-O'Dowd?

I agree 5 makes the most sense

You never know ...

If they go four:

Five:

Six (now it gets fun):

I certainly hope the CIF doesn't go 6. A total hose job to whomever is the 6 in North.

4 or 5 is the correct choice

Let me be the voice of dissent. I see six teams that have been a cut above the rest: Mitty, St. Mary's, CN, Clovis West, SRV and Folsom. If you want to go with 5 and send CW south, fine with me.

D1 in rough order - Carondelet, Pinewood, SHC, Odowd, Acalanes, McClatchy, SI, Buchanan, OakRidge, California, Piedmont, Whitney, OTech (no way are they an open team). Last few are a complete crapshoot. Choose from: Los Gatos, Colfax (who beat Los Gatos), Evergreen (who beat Branham twice), Branham (who lost to Los Gatos).

I would think so....

Mitty. 1
SMS. 4
Folsom. 6
SRV. 8
CN. 9

At this point its looking like 4 or 5 for the Open. I'm not sure I see 5 Open teams in the South.

SC 2
Etiwanda 3
CW 5
Mater Dei 7

Sage Hill? 10
Ontario Christian? 13

We may be looking at a 4 team Open...

So assuming they even out the brackets...

I think everyone can see where I'm going here...

Which section runner-up between the SJS and NCS goes D1 and immediately becomes the 1seed/ favorite to represent the North in D1?

Very possible Clovis West comes up north. Don't forget them.

You never know ...

If they go four:

Five:

Six (now it gets fun):

I like 5 teams from the North that you laid out. Those five have pretty consistently been Top 5 this season. After that, it has shuffled around

Unless CIF wants a replay of the Southern Section Open in the SoCal Open, either Clovis West or La Jolla Country Day/Mission Hills winner has to be in a five-team SoCal Open. And Clovis West is ranked fifth while Mission Hills is 14th and LJCD 18th.

If CW goes South in a five-team bracket, then it's Mitty, SRV, Cardinal Newman, SMS and Folsom in the North.

That makes the most sense to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT