ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Open

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
With Heritage's nice win over Lynwood last night at SMS MLK showcase it looks to me (barring anything crazy happening) that we have our 6 teams. The only thing left is their seeding.

My current NCS Open seedings:
1) SJND
2) BOD
3) Salesian
4) CN
5) MM
6) Heritage

Which means SRV (bubble team) gets the 1 seed in D1 and a probable section title.

Still some interesting games left so the potential final seedings are definitely fluid:

Heritage vs BOD 1/20
Heritage vs SJND 2/8
CN vs Antelope 1/25
MM vs BOD 2/1
MM vs SMS 2/5
MM vs PW 2/15
BOD vs Salesian 1/25
Salesian vs PW 2/1
SJND vs LJCD 1/20

Agree with you. I'd argue at this point Heritage is still also on the bubble for open.

Fun part about Open for NCS is that the 1 through 5 seeds can all beat each other. There's definitely not a favorite in my eyes. If I had to choose 1 team I think I'll take BOD to win. Can't wait to watch this.

Darkhorse for 1 seed in D1: American has a 14 point win @ SRV and only one loss this year. Interesting dynamic for Committee if they win their league.

Cal high, American, and San Leandro can all win D1 as well

Alameda will win D2 this year

Moreau In D3?

Lick vs Saint marys Albany for D4 title game.

Fun year for teams that can't normally reach a section title game to do so.

Reactions: basketba11
Agree with you. I'd argue at this point Heritage is still also on the bubble for open.

Fun part about Open for NCS is that the 1 through 5 seeds can all beat each other. There's definitely not a favorite in my eyes. If I had to choose 1 team I think I'll take BOD to win. Can't wait to watch this.

Darkhorse for 1 seed in D1: American has a 14 point win @ SRV and only one loss this year. Interesting dynamic for Committee if they win their league.

Moreau In D3?

I know Carondelet is down this year, but with the top teams in the NCS Open, I’d think they’d stand a chance in D1 as well. I can’t believe they don’t face SRV this year, at least until the playoffs. I agree the top divisions are wide open this year.

I know Carondelet is down this year, but with the top teams in the NCS Open, I’d think they’d stand a chance in D1 as well. I can’t believe they don’t face SRV this year, at least until the playoffs. I agree the top divisions are wide open this year.

SRV plays at Carondelet on Feb. 4th following their rematch at Cal on Jan. 31st.

Moreau In D3?

Sleeper in D2.. Redwood...Horstmeyer is a beast

Ok maybe not a sleeper..lol..but I like them

Last edited:
American could finish 25-1 -- that could put them in the Open.

American could finish 25-1 -- that could put them in the Open.

That could be a huge mistake. Their victory over SRV was without the Wolves’ best player, and they haven’t played any other Open level quality teams.

That could be a huge mistake. Their victory over SRV was without the Wolves’ best player, and they haven’t played any other Open level quality teams.

agree but it doesn't matter who was out..it's what shows up on the scoreboard. Open sections means guaranteed higher seed in D1. should be interesting.

Moreau In D3?

While on paper alameda probably is the favorite, they barely beat a not so good Berkeley team last night and their schedule is padded. They’re not as invincible bad it may seem.

To me, It’s a two horse race with Alameda and Montgomery. Acalanes is right there too and as someone put it Redwood. Although alameda spanked them.

in D3 Moreau and Eureka are probably the favorites (haven’t seen campo play so who knows. Good so see them in the plus column!)

I watched a game Heritage team today give BOD everything they could handle. Odowd has been Jekyll and hyde in games that I have seen this year. Sleep walk 1st half and come out like gang busters in 2nd half. If BOD can start putting 2 good halves together consistently they will be REALLY tough to beat.

Heritage has their starting 1,2 and 3 out with injuries currently. PG had knee surgery and out yr. SG(Tuttle) has a broken hand and having surgery and will hopefully be back in time for playoffs. The 3 is day to day with some kind of a heel injury and currently in a walking boot. (Sorry I dont know all the names)

So all in all a great effort today by a short handed Heritage. And my comment at the beginning of this thread was premature as I didnt know Heritage was so banged up. I'd say the 6th OPEN team going forward is questionable and wide open.

Reactions: GBBall4L
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT