ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Open

This is the issue with league playoffs. I think the regular season title is more important than the league tournament title. However, if you are going to play them, the champion should be rewarded.

Tough break for SRV

It's a tad bit confusing as Clayton Valley
Winning there league playoff catapulted
Them into the NCS open but SRV winning
There league playoff didn't seem to elevate
Them at all in terms of NCS open seeding.

Reactions: ayalar09
It's a tad bit confusing as Clayton Valley
Winning there league playoff catapulted
Them into the NCS open but SRV winning
There league playoff didn't seem to elevate
Them at all in terms of NCS open seeding.

It is kinda confusing especially for the programs that traditionally play tougher schedules and are in tougher leagues. The real problem is, and its gonna be the problem every year is that there will always be like 5 different teams that can occupy the 6th seed. This year it was O'Dowd, University, Montgomery, Clayton Valley, Campo all with legit consideration for the 6th seed. This will be every year.

If you look at some of the lower divisional brackets there are more than a few teams that beat people head to head yet got lower seeds in the same division.

It seems like SRV could have lost to DLS by 15 in the championship game, and still ended up with the #4 seed. Not sure what more SRV could have done in the playoffs, as they beat rival MV by 24, followed that up by knocking off Granada by 24 on the road, and then beating DLS by 9 in the final again on the road.

SRV only lost to both Granada & DLS by 2 in league, and more than made up for that in the playoffs. I’m not saying they should have leapfrogged Branson, but I don’t think there would have been this much questioning had they been the #2 seed, and DLS at 4. At least they placed them above Granada.

DLS should have not been seeded higher than SRV plain and simple and definitely should not have been rewarded a bye. Branson at #2, followed by SRV then DLS. Don’t think anyone would have question that, even DLS.

You think it’s bad now

Wait until CIF brackets come out
How about St Joseph from Central Coast as #3 seed. You could literally have explained playoffs to somebody with zero knowledge of basketball and they wouldn't have put them at #3. Thats just a big F U from the section that they don't like the way the program is pulling "NBA without Borders" players. AKA #congos.

Reactions: ayalar09
Let me just be a complainer right now....

You play all year and get "rewarded" as 1 of the top 2 teams in the section...and then have to sit for 10 days and not play?

Why are we not showcasing our best teams?

The Open should be 8 teams and everyone should be guaranteed 3 games..no byes...play it out like a tournament

D6 doesn't need 4 teams to NorCals..make it 3...that adds 1 automatic spot for 1 of the 2 8Open teams.

(Next year) D1-5 gets 3 teams? They can pull 1 of those spots for the 8th Open team.
This is sports..there are always someone bigger, stronger better...stop catering to the weak and reward excellence.

How about St Joseph from Central Coast as #3 seed. You could literally have explained playoffs to somebody with zero knowledge of basketball and they wouldn't have put them at #3. Thats just a big F U from the section that they don't like the way the program is pulling "NBA without Borders" players. AKA #congos.
The 2 teams above them have a stronger SOS . However the bigger issue to me would be Clovis west Beat Clovis North for the ship yet North got the 1 seed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT