ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Predictions for 2/28

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
Clayton valley Charter 77 Berkeley 68. This will be an up and down pace that favors the Ugly Eagles but the Yellowjackets can play at this pace but not for 32 minutes. I think Fields will try so me tricks to throw the Ugly Eagles off their game but Bamberger might be the best coach around in making adjustments and changing on the fly. Pascoe & Klarman will need much needed help in order to free them up all game long.

Dublin 74 Heritage 69. This was one heck of a game the 1st time around earlier this year, both teams are better, both teams are very well coached and both have big time players. Ned had 40 plus points in their 1st meeting and almost pulled off a nice road win. Nielsen was huge in game 1 and was the key to the Gaels victory. Manning is healthy and is adding a huge presence at both ends of the court while Beasley & Jackson have been almost unstoppable all year long.

O'Dowd 65 Alameda 50. Alameda has had a great year and tonight will not tarnish that one bit. O'Dowd is headed to the finals and will be also going to the open. Richie has impressed me all year long with his calmness and variety of different rotations. To much Hardy, Gaskins and Williams for the Hornets tonight.

Moreau 74 Las Lomas 71. This might be the best game of the night, two evenly matched teams, both teams playing well nut I think the lack of size might hurt the Knights tonight and will need a great game from Prince, Holman & my key to the game is Patterson. Balance will be the key for the Mariners tonight, if they get a balance score sheet from Turner, Anderson & Rider, they will be hard to hold down and then if you get contributions from Fields, Byrd & LJ, then that will carry them to a close victory.

Salesian 72 Hayward 47. Need I say more.

Campolindo 68 Albany 44. Nothing more to say here, Albany scored 29 against Drake, turnout the lights early here.

St. Joe's 65 Lick-Wilmerding 52

St. Pat's 72 St. Mary's 57

University 72 Redwood 65

Branson 70 Urban 62

Reactions: drmarkppd
Scout, good picks. I only have one change. I'm going with LL over Moreau. I think LL is peaking and is a little better than MC. I'm going to say they win by 3 in a close contest. LL lack of size isn't going to hurt them against MC because they aren't that big. It will though against Odowd.

Reactions: NorCalScout
Some finals trickling in...

Clayton Valley wins 76-69
Heritage up 92-85 in OT
BOD beats Alameda 60-48

Ned must have put in work for Heritage. Great kid, works his ass off. He spends a lot of hours in the gym working on his craft with his older brother. Love when players are rewarded when so many sacrificss have been made. Some D1 coach is going to get a nice 6'8" 2 guard

i don't think a 27-2 team as good as LL is and coached beating odowd is much of an upset. vegas has this one as a pick em.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Dublin Heritage. Looking at video in real time all refs saw it the same way and weren't influenced by the other since they weren't even looking at each other when they made their calls. Based on replay that would be too close for one to overrule the other definitively regardless. Too bad high school doesn't have tv and headset at half court. Great game tho. Both of their seasons will continue to NorCal.

The buzzer sounds after the clock hits zero. If you go off the sound yes the shot would count. If you go off the clock game over. 100 and 98 points is no defense I agree. This will not win North Cal or State.

Dublin Heritage. Looking at video in real time all refs saw it the same way and weren't influenced by the other since they weren't even looking at each other when they made their calls. Based on replay that would be too close for one to overrule the other definitively regardless. Too bad high school doesn't have tv and headset at half court. Great game tho. Both of their seasons will continue to NorCal.

for the record.... the last second shot is the responsibility of only one official. As you said nobody would ever walk in and change that call UNLESS the calling official asked for help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT