ADVERTISEMENT

NCS top top teams

bones40

Sports Fanatic
Apr 3, 2014
We have spent a lot of time discussing the sac area top teams who will be the top 5 or
6 teams in NCS besides salesian and O'dowd? I do think it's wide open will freedom bounce
back after a sup par season or is heritage the front runner out there? Heard Monte vista
looked good over the summer can they get past the young guns at Dublin and where
does dela fit into the NCS mix?

Here is how I would rank the top 6 right now:

1. Salesian
2. Bishop O'Dowd
3. De La Salle
4. Monte Vista
5. Dublin
6. Las Lomas

Others to note: St. Joseph, El Cerrito, St. Pats, Moreau Catholic, Heritage, Freedom, Logan, Berkeley

I think O'Dowd has the most talent in the NCS (maybe even NorCal), but it just hasn't clicked with this group. Would not be surprised if they made a run at the NorCal Open title, but I think they need to prove they can win big with this group.

I've always liked the effort and strategy I see out of Salesian and there kids. If my money is on the line I will take them over an ODOWD who has better talent on paper. Salesian doesn't have elite size but 6"4-6"5 at the HS level with the D they play often gets it done.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
Salesian and Odowd standout as the top 2 teams IMO. DLS did not look good over the summer. Las Lomas has a very good squad returning. Dublin has some Talent. In hs I'll take good guard play all day. Salesian & Odowd have best guards in NCS. X factor is Odowd big man. If he figures it out they can go to another level

Last edited:
I've always liked the effort and strategy I see out of Salesian and there kids. If my money is on the line I will take them over an ODOWD who has better talent on paper. Salesian doesn't have elite size but 6"4-6"5 at the HS level with the D they play often gets it done.

6’7 240 Soph Tejon Sawyer Salesian, if you don’t know of him you will after this season. Can finish with both hands, excellent passer, great hands soft touch. Just turned 15 a few weeks ago, kid is a beast.

Salesian also has 6'9" 2019 Manny Adeoye. Raw talent that is blossoming. Had a developmental summer with North Bay Basketball Academy staff. Strong defender with a big upside.

Yes the big kid Manny has developed nicely. Still a project but with as good as the guards are for Salesian all he has to do is defend and rebound. If the other kid Sawyer is as good as people are saying they are probably the best team in Northern California.

Mt. Eden is young and very talented. With Darrell Barbour at the helm watch out for them, saw them over the summer and they have a very talented big and guard. Don't know their names but they can go. I would not be surprised to see them make some noise in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT