St. Mary's-Stockton 2018 WR Marcus Aponte has been offered by Sacramento State

Oakdale 2018 OL Nico Sarale has been offered by Cal Poly

Menlo-Atherton 2021 WR Troy Franklin has been offered by Hawaii

Couple I saw come across this weekend:

Granite Bay 2018 TE Ryan Smith has been offered by Nevada

Interesting offer for Ryan Smith at Reno. I’m not sure about their current system but I remember they were hot to get Matt Snyder a few years ago. Brian Polian was head coach at the time and his system was considered horrible for a TE.

Couple I saw come across this weekend:

Granite Bay 2018 TE Ryan Smith has been offered by Nevada

Nico Sarale from Oakdale has 9 D1 offers. The most in Oakdale history

I've always liked Aponte's game. It's too bad the RAMS were forced to play him at QB this season. I hope the Hornets land him.

I wonder how much it matters what position you play at the high school level....in terms of getting scholarship offers. I'd say that there are quite a few QBs in our area that do not project at all to QB at the college level. Instead, they project as DBs...yet they don't play on that side of the ball in high school. No clue if it matters...just interesting.

I wonder how much it matters what position you play at the high school level....in terms of getting scholarship offers. I'd say that there are quite a few QBs in our area that do not project at all to QB at the college level. Instead, they project as DBs...yet they don't play on that side of the ball in high school. No clue if it matters...just interesting.

We had a QB in 2007-2009 Demetrius Williams. He had a cannon for an arm and was a 4.6 40. 6.0 180lbs. He worked everyday at FS (indi and group) even though he played very few snaps at DB in his three year varsity carrer. When scouts would come by to watch practice they got to see him at different spots on Defense. Demetrius ended up going to Idaho as a WR. His offers came from a football practice running routes as a scout WR (we had a good back-up and the back-up would run the scout offense and Demetous would get moved around, this helped him develop at other spots and lead him to multiple offers.

Last year Trajon Cotton played FS every snap for us. You can't worry about a player getting injured. It was best for both the program and the player to play defense.

Honestly if you are athletic and fit into another position it doesn't matter. Look at the kid from Jesuit who played QB in HS and went too Boise State and was damn near an all American WR. (Sperbeck) He had freaklish speed and jumping ability. Pretty easy transition. The kid from OR (Baldochino) will get recruited as a slot receiver. He won't play QB in college.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Honestly if you are athletic and fit into another position it doesn't matter. Look at the kid from Jesuit who played QB in HS and went too Boise State and was damn near an all American WR. (Sperbeck) He had freaklish speed and jumping ability. Pretty easy transition. The kid from OR (Baldochino) will get recruited as a slot receiver. He won't play QB in college.

Luke Rubenzer was a QB in high school and is at Cal Berkeley playing as a safety

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT