ADVERTISEMENT

Newman KO'd at home by 6 seed!

What's stinks about the whole situation is I have no doubt that I know who this person is.
As a CN ALUM, and someone involved with or follows very closely the FOOTBALL and BOYS AND GIRLS BASKETBALL PROGRAMS. I'm sure he is someone who has shaken my hand, smiled and asked me how my family is doing at a game at some point.
Maybe not a friend, but someone I'm "friendly" with. And that makes me sad. It makes me sad that someone can be such a 2face. Shake your hand 1 minute and then when you walk away, talk trash. And then for him to make disparaging remarks about the CN lefty is so cowardly I'm having a hard time wrapping my arms around it. The MONTY people know who he is and its probably best they keep his identity hidden as the backlash he would face if outed wouldn't be pleasant. Although by hiding his identity they are in their own way complicit in what he's saying and doing.

I have friends on the Monty boys coaching staff and friends in the Monty Alumni....I love the Tiedeman family. They are wonderful people.
The hatred that this person had generated is scary. Why the hatred towards CN or Taylor for that matter?
Its high school for gosh sakes.....When I went off to college I left the HS rivalry hatred behind and moved on and grew up.

This is my last time posting about this turd....I just want to get back to talking about the games.

Agapbliitz.....you're lake and vill(sp.ville) pass comment is dead on, but you should add valley to your list. Anything with valley, ville or lake...lol

Newman has a bunch of good HS players and that is it. Wallace was a JC type player before the knee injury but not the explosive player he once was and he's 5"9. He will do great at Humboldt in football. A good fit. No idea who Lee is. Did he play? Baker can shoot it and has size and skill but SSU is a leap. The team Newman had that went to state had 2 studs. Love and Hammell. Both have excelled in college.
Doesn't matter anyway the season is over and best case was Newman would have been 1 and done in Norcal d2.
Hey Legend33, you're one of a few guys that I respect on these forums and I couldn't agree more with you. I only caught about 12 games or so this year and Wallace doesn't seem to be the same. I thought he'd struggle at the JC level even before knee injury mainly because lack of right hand and size. He has a lot of heart though. I think Baker would have a decent chance at the JC level but I do not see SSU whatsoever. I think they should be happy with the season they had.

Look what I have been missing the last 2 years. Wish I had known about this board. For the record, Baker will be playing ball at SSU, and believe me, I would know that. And, Lee will be playing ball at a D3 school in Texas. And, there are certainly some players that could play at least JC ball (Wallace if he wasn't playing football and Jaylon Durel as well). So saying there is no talent on that team that could play even JC ball isn't right.
RUGBY707, I'm a little late with this, just got back to Cali but I know Pat and Rich and I understand that Baker will attempt to walk on at SSU but will have a difficult time making the roster. Maybe the JC first will get him stronger and raise his bball IQ, everyone in the college community know that Newman players are a little behind. I pull for all local kids, especially from Newman but Lee nor Dural are college bball players at any level. Wallace is an athlete and would have the best chance out of the group at the JC level.

may want to adjust that statement

guru is an expert on this subject- maybe he can elaborate? he has personal knowledge.
ask ms guanella is her kid is paying to be there?
scholarships my friend? everyone knows about em few talk about em
Agap I wont claim to know who pays what at CN but this very subject came up a few months back at a function I attended. There were some CN people there and they insisted that their were no such thing as a scholarship at CN, that EVERYONE pays tuition. One of the families I met was the brookshire family and if they pay then I imagine that no one is getting a free ride. I have no reason to believe that they were not being truthful.

RUGBY707, I'm a little late with this, just got back to Cali but I know Pat and Rich and I understand that Baker will attempt to walk on at SSU but will have a difficult time making the roster. Maybe the JC first will get him stronger and raise his bball IQ, everyone in the college community know that Newman players are a little behind. I pull for all local kids, especially from Newman but Lee nor Dural are college bball players at any level. Wallace is an athlete and would have the best chance out of the group at the JC level.

Thank you. Like I said there isn't one college basketball player on that team. That isn't a knock on them but a fact. Just a bunch of gritty kids who played good basketball in league and laid an egg at home against Tam. SSU has a very good team. They have beaten nationally ranked Chico this year and ended up 15-5 in league and have a home playoff game against a talented Cal Poly Pomona team that features former all norcal DLS alumni Nihkil Peters. (who I thought was a D1 player coming out of hs) If you think your son can play at that level go to the game and observe how good these kids are. This is some of the best D2 hoops in the national that is played in the CCAA.

I went to Newman a long time ago. We were far from rich. My parents paid every cent that school charged. Tuition, books, sports, supplies, etc etc. This isn't harvard with a 50 billion endowment. Trust me. Parents pay. And the few kids I new that had assistance worked there tails off to make up for it.

btw, great school. best decision i ever made.

I'm a big proponent of going to the 30 second shot clock. Let's keep it positive on here folks, you never know what that "over rated" coach is saying, and teaching at the practices, or the impact he is making in these kid's life's off the court! #hakunamatata

Thank you. Like I said there isn't one college basketball player on that team. That isn't a knock on them but a fact. Just a bunch of gritty kids who played good basketball in league and laid an egg at home against Tam. SSU has a very good team. They have beaten nationally ranked Chico this year and ended up 15-5 in league and have a home playoff game against a talented Cal Poly Pomona team that features former all norcal DLS alumni Nihkil Peters. (who I thought was a D1 player coming out of hs) If you think your son can play at that level go to the game and observe how good these kids are. This is some of the best D2 hoops in the national that is played in the CCAA.

I went to Newman a long time ago. We were far from rich. My parents paid every cent that school charged. Tuition, books, sports, supplies, etc etc. This isn't harvard with a 50 billion endowment. Trust me. Parents pay. And the few kids I new that had assistance worked there tails off to make up for it.

btw, great school. best decision i ever made.

I was at "Pack the Den Night" at Sonoma State roughly a month ago where the Seawolves faced that team from Chico State, and the level of play at that game was extremely elevated from year's past. Sonoma State is a very, very good basketball team, that environment was absolutely electric! They dominated a very good team. I have seen locally talented kids who were maybe missing a piece, or even key piece to their overall game. They have the opportunity to spend one or two years at SRJC and move on to D1, and High Level D2 competition! If you are a parent of a high school basketball player, or even younger for that fact, take your son, or daughter to a JC game. Show them the difference in competition. Let them see for themselves, and enjoy the accelerated skills, talents, height, and speed of these young men, and women! #hakunamatata

Lucky to catch the Tam/Mhs game this evening as well, Tam played well! Hope the guard that was injured in the 2nd half didn't return as a precaution, and not serious injury. Best of luck to Tam in the championship game! They are playing really good basketball right now!

What's the word on Cody Baker and SSU? Is he going to be a scholly player for Pat? @RUGBY707 perhaps you can shed some light or anyone else that has info? Pulling for a local boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT