ADVERTISEMENT

NIKE Nationals

It is so great for girls basketball to have an event like this. Cal Stars are the local team back there, but a few other local players in the field too.

Best of luck back there.

HS Cube is live streaming games and I think they are archived too. I had an issue this morning, but I think it was on my end.

My bad...too bad no cube of the stars...
the stars played this morning do you know if they won?

Just watched TEP beat Tenn in the final 54-47....I think the Stars could have given
TEP a really good game....I guess nobody went undefeated as Tenn was the last
undefeated team and TEP beat them

9th but running HOT!!!!!!!:)
Hey when does practice start I need to walk over a see what Tom is doing.....

Just watched TEP beat Tenn in the final 54-47....I think the Stars could have given
TEP a really good game....I guess nobody went undefeated as Tenn was the last
undefeated team and TEP beat them
I think you are correct in respect to the Stars giving TEP a good game. The had the same records as the other two teams that went into the Gold bracket, but those teams got into the Gold because they beat the Stars in their pool play head to head. In one game the Stars lost a close game because they just shot horribly. In the other it was bad coaching. The coach kept a player who was one for eleven in the line up at the close of the game. That girl ( good shooter ) was just having a bad shooting game and should have been benched. She ended up taking missing the last two shots and the Stars lost by one.

As to the Stars finishing 9th, It doesn't appear ( for the system they use ) that that's true. They ended up having the third best record and they had them third in the final standings behind the two Gold finalists. Doesn't make sense to me but I checked the brackets and their were no placings listed - only the National Championship. No team really seemed to dominate consistently through out the tourney. While some teams were obviously better than some others it just appeared that the winners were the ones that got hot at the right times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT