ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Portland Holiday Classic

Bracket anybody?
Probably too early to have a bracket but with Etiwanda, Mitty, DeSoto and Mater Dei it's gonna be a huge deal! Hopefully it's on BallerTV or something.

Etiwanda is playing anybody and everybody this year. They play St Mary's of Stockton, Duncanville, Lake Highland Prep, DeSoto and LuHi and Sidwell friends even if you exclude the tournament referenced in this article. Wow!!

The polls would say EW vs MD and Mitty vs DS in the semis.

Yes. If I were scheduling I would try to align it so those teams meet in the Semis. I guess the fact that this event is Nike is why they are here and not at the Jamboree.

Many schools have finals the week before Christmas this year.

Opening Sets

December 28
3pm - Desoto (TX) vs Archbishop Mitty (CA)
5pm Benson vs Willamette
630pm - Mater Dei (CA) vs Camas (WA)
8pm - Etiwanda (CA) vs Clackamas
December 29
12pm - Desoto (TX) vs Mater Dei (CA)
3pm - Etiwanda (CA) vs Willamette
630pm - Benson vs Clackamas
8pm - Archbishop Mitty (CA) vs Camas (WA)
December 30
12pm - Willamette vs Mater Dei (CA)
130pm - Desoto (TX) vs Benson
630pm - Etiwanda (CA) vs Camas (WA)
8pm - Archbishop Mitty (CA) vs Clackamas

Reactions: GBBall4L
Darn, we didnt get any of the CA matchups we were all hoping for. Oh well, should be a good weekend of bball regardless.

The way the California playoff system works, the advantages of top teams playing each other are outweighed by the disadvantages.

Reactions: OnBall8
So all the top teams will not play each other unless a bracket forces these types of games… do the coaches explicitly tell
The tournament organizers we will not show up if we have to play Desoto, MD and Etiwanda three days in a row… and MD and Etiwanda will also refuse… is Sierra Canyon telling you the same thing right now

Coaches are invited with the understanding that they get to approve matchups. Elite teams have more offers than games available.

It's a collaborative process, with lots of back and forth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT