ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Finals Scoreboard

If you’re a Riordan fan this one has to sting. This may have been Riordans best shot at a State Title, though they do return a ton of talent next season: Emeneke, Rencher, Bush, Hillman, John Tofi, etc. losing Curcic, Sensley and McKenzie stings.

If you’re a Salesian fan, one could argue with one more win, this Salesian team may have put together one of the best seasons a Bay Area team has ever had. I personally think they lose to Harvard Westlake by double digits, but who knows?

What a season for Salesian…..and it’s not like they played cupcakes, they played a ton of competition. Easily one of the top 25 teams in America if they beat HW.

If you’re a Riordan fan this one has to sting. This may have been Riordans best shot at a State Title, though they do return a ton of talent next season: Emeneke, Rencher, Bush, Hillman, John Tofi, etc. losing Curcic, Sensley and McKenzie stings.

If you’re a Salesian fan, one could argue with one more win, this Salesian team may have put together one of the best seasons a Bay Area team has ever had. I personally think they lose to Harvard Westlake by double digits, but who knows?

What a season for Salesian…..and it’s not like they played cupcakes, they played a ton of competition. Easily one of the top 25 teams in America if they beat HW.

Salesian has nothing else to prove. Their ranking currently stands. They are the best team in the Bay Area/Norcal like some division 3 teams were back in the enrollment days.

And being you were on the inside door of prep, does all that talent stay. Emenke can be a beast. No doubt Tofi works with him. Tofi had terrific foot work and post moves. And Hillman has two years left.

First of all D1 & now Open division is at a whole other level than DIII
A State ship is nothing to sneeze at, what ever level.
But I would not worry about @TheR, in the last 5 years. Coach Curtin and Staff have improved and consistency attracted talent every year.

You can like or dislike @TheR, but every team has new talented/ D1 players want to come to Riordan create their own legacies,…That is not going to change bc events of tonight. I think many want to think @TheR is in pain. No pain in how @TheR arrived. They can compare themselves to the 90’s team that fell short,…That is an accomplishment that given banners for those who need them

#GoodLuckSalesian, #IknowtheirIsAplayedThereCreatingHisOwnLegacy

Last edited:
But I would not worry about @TheR, in the last 5 years. Coach Curtin and Staff have improved and consistency attracted talent every year.

You can like or dislike @TheR, but every team has new talented/ D1 players want to come to Riordan create their own legacies,…That is not going to change bc events of tonight. I think many want to think @TheR is in pain. No pain in how @TheR arrived. They can compare themselves to the 90’s team that feel short,…That is an accomplishment that given banners for those who need them

Never said it wasn’t. When the 90 team went to state there were 3 divisions. When the 2002 team went to state St Francis was the D2 rep and Tech the D1. Riordan and Tech were pretty much equal but Kately was the best player in Nor Cal and Powe was a junior.

And if they are comparing themselves to the 90 team maybe that is part of the problem. That 90’s team was special. They had a norcal player of the year. I don’t think there was a better overall top to bottom team than 90 after of the 3. 90 played harder, way better defensively, crashed the boards, guards were dishing assist after assist as guys filled the lane. Their are guys on that team that belong in the hall of fame.

This current Salesian team would get blasted by 90 and would not beat 02. They have nobody that could go toe to toe with Kately and Tofi would have killed their bigs inside.

First time catching an all OAL final at the Doghouse. The atmosphere was electric and #0 on OTech played in front of THE #0 like he was him. Kid had made some incredible shots and his chase down blocks were unreal! I’ve always loved Dame, but seeing him interact with the crowd, take pics with everyone and walk around without an entourage makes me even more of a fan!

You can like or dislike @TheR, but every team has new talented/ D1 players want to come to Riordan create their own legacies,…That is not going to change bc events of tonight. I think many want to think @TheR is in pain. No pain in how @TheR arrived. They can compare themselves to the 90’s team that fell short,…That is an accomplishment that given banners for those who need them

the buffalo bills of high school basketball

First time catching an all OAL final at the Doghouse. The atmosphere was electric and #0 on OTech played in front of THE #0 like he was him. Kid had made some incredible shots and his chase down blocks were unreal! I’ve always loved Dame, but seeing him interact with the crowd, take pics with everyone and walk around without an entourage makes me even more of a fan!
did you walk out high from the dank?

• Haha
Reactions: SheldonCooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT