ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Semi-Final Matchups and Predictions

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Ganes will be played on Saturday:

Open:

Modesto Christian vs. Salesain (Salesian)
Clovis North at Riordan (Riordan)

Division I:

Granada at Clovis West (Clovis West)
Mitty at San Ramon Valley (SRV)

Division II:

Oakland at Bellarmine (Oakland)
Del Oro at Oakland Tech (Oakland Tech)

Division III:

Ygnacio Valley at Santa Cruz (Ygnacio Valley)
Bullard at Justin-Siena (Justin-Siena)

Division IV:

Palo Alto at Union Mine (Palo Alto)
Monterey at Natomas (Natomas)

Division V:

International at Athenian (Athenian)
Oakwood at San Domenico (San Domenico)

Reactions: observer22
Everyone keeps sleeping on Bellarmine. They played one of the toughest schedules and the only really bad loss they had was against Valley Christian. They will beat Oakland and Oakland Tech/Del Oro.

I agree with all of those except that I have Del Oro winning.
I wasn't all that impressed with O-Tech. Jesuit played terrible and almost won that game. DO is better and bigger and I think they own the boards. I like DO as well.

Sort of torn on Clovis North vs Riordan. They seem to have no biz in this game based on eye test and then you watch them play and are like wow. Athletes and size could take over for Riordan but these kids from CN are gritty.

All others seem good to me.

Reactions: cityfan
Everyone keeps sleeping on Bellarmine. They played one of the toughest schedules and the only really bad loss they had was against Valley Christian. They will beat Oakland and Oakland Tech/Del Oro.
They lost all 3 games to Riordan by 11, 23, and 47 points. However, despite their top player transferring in December, they're playing well now and soph Will Corbett is emerging as an elite player.

Last edited:
Oakland High alum here. I was at the Oakland High Game and has watched 2 two O dowd games this season. Clovis had trouble with Oakland's Lacy. They really had no answer. Oakland has good team defense that plays fast. Oakland lacks a true ball handler and lacks shooting. Bellarmine has a chance if they play the way they beat O'Dowd. But I still root for and hope Oakland comes through.

MC
Riordan
Granada
Mitty
Oakland
Del Oro
Santa Cruz
Justin-Siena
Union Mine
Natomas
Athenian
Oakwood

Let’s take a look at D5 for a second

Athenian lost 4 times to Head-Royce and got rewarded with a 1 seed in D5 and a bye. The only non-Open team to be granted a bye. Their team is the definition of a one trick pony.

International…..great season but got blown out by Head Royce, and lost to Stuart Hall and San Domenico. Plays in the lower BCL Division.

Then we have Oakwood 15-14 record and 3-9 in the PCAL…..let’s give them the 3 seed. They earned it with that record.

And last but not least we have San Domenico, who is actually a decent team but finished 4th in the BCL West. My guess is they probably win D5.

It gets crazier in SoCal, somehow Division 2 Chatsworth got placed as the 1 seed in D4. They have a five star guard prospects Alijah Arenas, the son of former warriors star Gilbert Arenas.

Somebody make it make sense!

Let’s take a look at D5 for a second

Athenian lost 4 times to Head-Royce and got rewarded with a 1 seed in D5 and a bye. The only non-Open team to be granted a bye. Their team is the definition of a one trick pony.

International…..great season but got blown out by Head Royce, and lost to Stuart Hall and San Domenico. Plays in the lower BCL Division.

Then we have Oakwood 15-14 record and 3-9 in the PCAL…..let’s give them the 3 seed. They earned it with that record.

And last but not least we have San Domenico, who is actually a decent team but finished 4th in the BCL West. My guess is they probably win D5.

It gets crazier in SoCal, somehow Division 2 Chatsworth got placed as the 1 seed in D4. They have a five star guard prospects Alijah Arenas, the son of former warriors star Gilbert Arenas.

Somebody make it make sense!
Do you still consider Athenian a one trick pony? they’re going to state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT