1) Sheldon (BYE)
2) Dublin (BYE)
3) Winner of Mitty/Bellarmine
4) Loser of Mitty/Bellarmine
5) Bishop O'Dowd
6) Clovis West
7) Salesian
8) Riordan

Campo odd man out due to H2H loss versus Riordan. If Riordan losses to Sacred Heart, they lose their open spot to Campo. So Kiddman should be cheering hard for Sacred Heart Prep tomorrow!

My guess would be:

1) Sheldon (BYE)
2) Dublin (BYE)
5) Bishop O'Dowd
6) Clovis West
7) Salesian
8) Riordan

Campo odd man out due to H2H loss versus Riordan. If Riordan losses to Sacred Heart, they lose their open spot to Campo. So Kiddman should be cheering hard for Sacred Heart Prep tomorrow!

Campo also lost to BOD at the SMC MLK game. They’ll be D1 for sure. It would be hard for DLS to pass 4 NCS Open teams for a seat at the NorCal Open division. They need to avenge their league loss to Granada in the NCS D1 final before they even think about NorCal.

They could always do what they do in Socal and take 8 teams and give no teams byes!

My guess would be:

1) Sheldon (BYE)
2) Dublin (BYE)
5) Bishop O'Dowd
6) Clovis West
7) Salesian
8) Riordan

Can you explain to me how two teams get a bye with and eight team bracket SMH

2 teams from SJS (Sheldon / CC)
2 teams from NCS (Dublin / Salesian)
3 teams from CCS (Bells / Mitty / Riordan)
And 1 from Central (Clovis West)

1. Sheldon
2. Bellarmine
3. Dublin
4. Mitty
5. Salesian
6. Riordan (or Bishop O'Dowd)
7. Capital Christian
8. Clovis West

I think that Riordan or Bishop O'Dowd are the two bubble teams with one making the Open and the other being #1 seed in D1.

I’m pretty impressed with the prep work of Sheldon. Even though the SJS finals are tomorrow, there was a Sheldon head coach sighting at the CCS semifinals in San Jose for some scouting work.

The wild card is do they take 3 teams from CCS OR NCS if dela beats granada in the NCS D1 finals they have a leg up over riordan with there head to head win over Dublin it would be hard to take riordan over dela when riordan lost to dublin.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood

1. Sheldon
2. Bellarmine
3. Dublin
4. Mitty
5. Salesian
7. Capital Christian
8. Clovis West

I think that Riordan or Bishop O'Dowd are the two bubble teams with one making the Open and the other being #1 seed in D1.
Odowd just beat Salesian, they are a lock.
DLS is not open this year didnt even win league. If 8 Riordan and Salesian get in. If only 6 then D1 is gonna be a monster. Best time of year for hs hoopheads

1. Sheldon
2. Bellarmine
3. Dublin
4. Mitty
5. Salesian
7. Capital Christian
8. Clovis West

O Dowd beat Salesian tonight and advance to championship.

Salesian beat Campo this year, so if the NCS gets 3 into the NorCal Open, Salesian would get that 3rd spot. BOD & Dublin locks.

Reactions: RJ223
In no order:

Sheldon
Mitty
Bellarmine
Dublin
O’Dowd.

I think next up is a Clovis West or Salesian to get to six

In no order:

Sheldon
Mitty
Bellarmine
Dublin
O’Dowd.

I think next up is a Clovis West or Salesian to get to six

Sounds about right...and if this comes true the D1 bracket is going to be a darn good one too! Could have De La, Riordan, Granada, Campo...etc

Predictions (assuming favorites all win section games):

1. Sheldon (SJS D1 Champ)
2. Mitty (CCS Open Champ)
3. Dublin (NCS Open Champ)
4. Bellarmine (CCS Open runner-up)
5. O'Dowd (NCS Open runner-up)
6. Riordan (CCS Open team)
7. Capital Christian (SJS D1 runner-up)
8. Salesian (NCS Open semi-finalist)

Reactions: ayalar09
Predictions (assuming favorites all win section games):

1. Sheldon (SJS D1 Champ)
2. Mitty (CCS Open Champ)
3. Dublin (NCS Open Champ)
4. Bellarmine (CCS Open runner-up)
5. O'Dowd (NCS Open runner-up)
6. Riordan (CCS Open team)
7. Capital Christian (SJS D1 runner-up)
8. Salesian (NCS Open semi-finalist)

Clovis West has to be in there somewhere

Reactions: RJ223
1 Sheldon
2 Bellarmine
3 O’Dowd
4 Mitty
5 Dublin
6 Clovis West Must beat SJM in Central open final

Makes me think of George Carlin (I think), posing as a sports news anchor... "Here's a partial score... Yankees 7."

Yes - George did have a great bit about partial scores back in the day..... we are both dating ourselves.....

Man, Riordan, DLS and Salesian all in the D-1 bracket potentially??? Wow!

It won’t have Sheldon, Dublin, BOD, Mitty or Bellarmine, but NorCal D1 will be anything but a cakewalk. Both the Open and D1 brackets will be loaded.

Will Branson be D1 as well? Granada? Serra? SRV? Grant? St. Mary’s Stockton? St. Francis? Monte Vista? A few of these teams might end up in D2.

I was saying it at the top of the season... There’d be a huge dogfight to get into Open, and a huge bunch of excellent teams making up D1 and even the top half of D2.

This has been a terrific season!

Last edited:
Reactions: damim
Don’t forget Campo, if it wasn’t for Team Bryce going for 40+ points. I think it would have been a closer game
Not sure if your being sarcastic or not by referring to "Team Bryce" but for you or anyone else who thinks Team Bryce is referring to something selfish or about him you are sadly mistaken. Really shouldn't even have to explain where " Team Bryce "comes from but long story short it honors Darryl Aikens whom lost a battle to CANCER . He was a student athlete (football player) at Mcclymonds High and everyone who supported him joined Team Darryl. Bryce made him a poster that said " Team Darryl " . One day visiting Darryl in the hospital after Bryce had a big game we walked into Kaiser Oakland and Darryl was holding a sign, a sign saying "Team Bryce" . Darryl always thought of others and never complained about being sick. He supported Bryce through his sickness on each team and every game.
Darryl lost his battle with Cancer but Bryce honors him with the Team Bryce nickname and we all wear wristbands that say "Team Darryl " . Rest in Peace.
Team Bryce lives on you for you. #TeamDarryl

Last edited:
Yes - George did have a great bit about partial scores back in the day..... we are both dating ourselves.....

And George's Weather man.......
Tonignt's forecast " Dark " , with continued dark, then scattered light by mid-morning.:)

Here's wishing you great hoops

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT