ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Open-thoughts

The guy in the video is right...it’s def. about to get a lot harder when you throw all of California in the mix!

I see where DLS coach Argenal is lobbying a case for the Spartans to get placed into the NorCal Open. Whereas I thought they should have made the NCS Open, there is no way they should leapfrog the other Open teams who lost games in the Open division (DV, SL, Salesian & Campo, or even the CCS Open teams).

As convincing as their D1 run was, DLS was facing lessor competition. They played very well against Granada last night in winning the NCS D1 title, and it may have earned them a D1 home game. A team like Campo shouldn’t fall behind DLS because they were placed in the Open and played against the better teams.

I see where DLS coach Argenal is lobbying a case for the Spartans to get placed into the NorCal Open. Whereas I thought they should have made the NCS Open, there is no way they should leapfrog the other Open teams who lost games in the Open division (DV, SL, Salesian & Campo, or even the CCS Open teams).

As convincing as their D1 run was, DLS was facing lessor competition. They played very well against Granada last night in winning the NCS D1 title, and it may have earned them a D1 home game. A team like Campo shouldn’t fall behind DLS because they were placed in the Open and played against the better teams.
This is a year where taking fewer than 8 makes no sense. I view Sheldon as the clear favorite but everyone else is separated by very little. Couple that with what I always say this time of year that all of these teams can beat each other in a one game setting, and I don’t see a compelling reason to limit the field

Riordan / Salesian / DLS / Campo - all bubble NorCal Open teams. I feel like you could easily fill a 8 team bracket even without a Fresno team thrown in there. It would make D1 more interesting if all these teams didn't make the Open though....

Riordan / Salesian / DLS / Campo - all bubble NorCal Open teams. I feel like you could easily fill a 8 team bracket even without a Fresno team thrown in there. It would make D1 more interesting if all these teams didn't make the Open though....

DLS wasn’t even an NCS Open team. Did beating College Park, Monte Vista & Granada really elevate them to NorCal Open status?

DLS is a year away from being a 1-2 seed in the open. They are playing really good right now and I don’t doubt they could win a game in NorCals (open). D1 they have a real Shot to win NorCal and possibly state.

DLS is a year away from being a 1-2 seed in the open. They are playing really good right now and I don’t doubt they could win a game in NorCals (open). D1 they have a real Shot to win NorCal and possibly state.

Oh no question. I felt they should have been an Open team this year. Hard to believe they lost 4 EBAL games. It's just that once they were bypassed, it would not be fair to ignore the fact the Open teams played a higher quality of competition. I don't know if there are any rules or guidelines as to NorCal seeding, but to put DLS higher than Campo who actually won a game in the Open division against premier competition would not be right.

Reactions: larry legend33
Ya crazy . Westchester just won LA Open and they got a 9 seed in D1. Means a second round road game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT