ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Quarterfinal Matchups: D1-D5

I am a Colfax fan and I’m wondering why they were moved to D4 for norcals. They didn’t win the PVL, they beat a Del Oro team that was clearly injured (best post player hardly played), they beat Argonaut in OT for the SJS championship, they are a public school that hasn’t won their league in over 5 years, they haven’t won a section championship in 14 years...
They would have made a nice run in D5

I'm not going to take the time to count, but Colfax is 107th in the state. Since the Southern Section has more teams, that means Colfax is easily in the NorCal top 50 in the MaxPreps' computer rankings.

That would put Colfax squarely in the middle of D-III (Open-8, D-1 9-24, D-II 25-40, D-III 41-56), so I'd say they were lucky to be D-IV.

Is it fair or right? I can't speak to that, and I doubt the committee can either. But if you're in a rush, and you just look at computer rankings, that's what you get.

That would put Colfax squarely in the middle of D-III (Open-8, D-1 9-24, D-II 25-40, D-III 41-56), so I'd say they were lucky to be D-IV.

Lucky if the goal is to get into the weakest bracket? Or maybe they deserved to be in D3?

Norcal Championship

OPEN
SMS (SJS) OVER Mitty (CCS)
D1
MM (NCS) over SHC(CCS)
D2
Pleasant Vallley (NSC) over Valley Christian ((CCS)
D3
West Campus (SJS) over Christian Brothers (SJS)
D4
Woodside (CCS) over Bradshaw Christian (SJS)
D5
University (SF) over Durham (NSC)

NORCAL CHAMPIONS BY SECTION
SJS 2
CCS 1
NCS 1
NSC 1
SFAA 1

WHO HAS THE BEST DIVISION?
LOOK BACK THE LAST 8 YEAR THE SJS WON THE MOST NORCAL AND STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT NEVER GET CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ready to amend your statement?? Looks like the CCS is stating its case right now..

Reactions: basketba11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT