ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal seedings prediction

espot

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2016
Anyone have an idea on what teams will be in each state division?

Anyone’s best guess. I’d expect to see a lot of teams move up at least one division, maybe even two for some!

If they learned there lesson from last year hopefully there wont be to many moving up it completely leveled any chance of the North competing for a state title leave teams in there division and lets give the south a run for there money in a few divisions at least.

Anyone have an idea on what teams will be in each state division?

OPEN DIVISION
Salesion
Modesto Christian
Sheldon
San Joaquin Memorial
BOD
Bells
?
?

Early upsets really messing with brackets

A clearer picture will come into view after the Sectional semifinals this week.
My take - as of today 2/17:
  1. Salesian
  2. Sheldon
  3. Weston Ranch
  4. Dublin
  5. Modesto Christian
  6. Bishop O’Dowd
  7. DeLaSalle
  8. Logan
Bubble Teams (no particular rank/ order)
  • Campo
  • Grant
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • Moreau
  • San Leandro
  • M-A

1. Salesian
  2. Sheldon
  3. Weston Ranch
  4. Dublin
  5. Modesto Christian
  6. Bishop O’Dowd
  7. DeLaSalle
  8. Logan
  • Campo
  • Grant
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • Moreau
  • San Leandro
  • M-A

Do you really think they’d take 3 NCS D1 teams and 5 NCS teams, and no teams from the CCS (WCAL)? It would be very tough for the loser of Logan-Dublin to make the Open, and I don’t think 5 are even allowed from any 1 section.

Reactions: jordan24
  1. Salesian
  2. Sheldon
  3. Weston Ranch
  4. Dublin
  5. Modesto Christian
  6. Bishop O’Dowd
  7. DeLaSalle
  8. Logan
  • Campo
  • Grant
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • Moreau
  • San Leandro
  • M-A
You've got 5 NCS teams, can't be more than 4. Winner of Ccs open will get a spot.

Do you really think they’d take 3 NCS D1 teams and 5 NCS teams, and no teams from the CCS (WCAL)? It would be very tough for the loser of Logan-Dublin to make the Open, and I don’t think 5 are even allowed from any 1 section.
I’ll yield to you guys as I’m out of my knowledge zone re NorCal Open. My understanding, though, are teams are ranked 1-8; and so on, based on record, SOS, etc. determined on the new format rolled out last season? So, each Section still has team limits?

I’ll yield to you guys as I’m out of my knowledge zone re NorCal Open. My understanding, though, are teams are ranked 1-8; and so on, based on record, SOS, etc. determined on the new format rolled out last season? So, each Section still has team limits?

Those are all very good teams you’ve listed, but yeah I believe they still have it limited to no mote than 4 from any 1 section. And it’s just more fun to see these inter-sectional games in the playoffs. I would hope to see 2 CCS teams in there, but I guess it really depends on who the 2 CCS Open finalists are. It’s rare for a team to get in that’s not at least a section finalist. So the losers of the Logan-Dublin and SL-DLS games will likely be in D1.
A lot of great games this week as this all gets sorted out, and then more fun once NorCals begin. Buckle up.

1. Salesian
  2. Sheldon
  3. Weston Ranch
  4. Dublin
  5. Modesto Christian
  6. Bishop O’Dowd
  7. DeLaSalle
  8. Logan
  • Campo
  • Grant
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • Moreau
  • San Leandro
  • M-A

Just my opinion, it would be best if Riordan not try as hard to win Open CCS to avoid a likely NorCal Open placement. I dont believe they will get past Salesian or Sheldon. I think they will have a real shot at D1 state title.

Just my opinion, it would be best if Riordan not try as hard to win Open CCS to avoid a likely NorCal Open placement. I dont believe they will get past Salesian or Sheldon. I think they will have a real shot at D1 state title.

Come on Geary, are you serious? Hoping a high school team tanks (not try as hard to win) so they don’t have to play the better competition in the playoffs? It’s one thing if they lose and don’t make the top bracket with the best teams to rationalize and say, “Maybe this is for the best as we didn’t belong in there with the big boys, and we’ll have a better shot at the NIT title”. But I would hope they’re out there trying to win every game.

Last edited:
Hard to make the case for odowd over DLS after Sparty wins on Wednesday.

Also, Sheldon is the clear 2 seed. They have the the toughest schedule and the best wins. Not to mention; **Coughs** myteamtowinitall

1. Salesian
  2. Sheldon
  3. Weston Ranch
  4. Dublin
  5. Modesto Christian
  6. Bishop O’Dowd
  7. DeLaSalle
  8. Logan
  • Campo
  • Grant
  • Branson
  • Riordan
  • Moreau
  • San Leandro
  • M-A
No Folsom? Interesting.

1) Salesian
2) Sheldon
3) Central Section D-1 Winner
4) NCS D-1 Winner
5) CCS Open Winner
6) SJS Winner between Folsom/Modesto Christian
7) NCS D-1 Runner Up
8) Either--Loser of Folsom/Modesto Christian or NCS D-2 Winner

1) Salesian
2) Sheldon
4) NCS D-1 Winner
5) CCS Open Winner
7) NCS D-1 Runner Up
1) Salesian
2) Sheldon
4) NCS D-1 Winner
5) CCS Open Winner
7) NCS D-1 Runner Up

What about Weston ranch? Also Modesto christian beat the #1 team in the central section (Clovis West) by 20 in Clovis. No way they would be seeded higher even if Mc were to lose to Sheldon in the section finals. Remember MC beat Sheldon last season and Sheldon still got a first round home game. Open will be fun!

Open:
1) Salesian
2) Sheldon
3) Modesto Christian
4) Riordan
5) Dublin
6) Weston Ranch
7) Branson
8) De La Salle

D1:
1) Bishop O'Dowd
2) James Logan
3) San Leandro

The rest of the divisions are anyone's guess, but this is how it would shake out if I were making the Brackets.

Last edited:
Open:
1) Salesian
2) Sheldon
3) Modesto Christian
4) Riordan
5) Dublin
6) Weston Ranch
7) Branson
8) De La Salle

D1:
1) Bishop O'Dowd
2) James Logan
3) Dublin
4) Folsom

D2:
1) San Leandro
2) Campolindo
3) Grant
4) Menlo-Atherton

The rest of the divisions are anyone's guess, but this is how it would shake out if I were making the Brackets.
Dublin in the open and d1, I like your style.

2 NCS D1 teams is a lot, but if they both make the finals it’s hard to argue against either Dublin or DLS.

If Logan and/or SL pull upsets this week over Dublin and/or DLS, would they be in the mix for an Open spot? Or would that create more opportunity for teams from other sections or other NCS teams?

All I know is that if Branson wins the D4 crown they deserve a chance at the Open. They've done everything they possibly could, and it's their time to get a crack at the Open!

All I know is that if Branson wins the D4 crown they deserve a chance at the Open. They've done everything they possibly could, and it's their time to get a crack at the Open!
I would agree, but there are a lot of outstanding higher division teams out there in Nor Cal. Gonna be hard for them to get in over the others after beating a handful of decent D4 teams to win their section. Although I do believe they could compete without a doubt. I see a D1 placing in their future if I had to bet...

Branson beat Dublin and hung with Sheldon and Riordan at Gridley. They beaten D-2 Redwood 3 straight in MCAL. MCAL maybe a tad weak, but they have no bad losses either. They can play fast or slow and don’t make mistakes.

They were better than a darn good UHS squad last year with the same guys. Tough to take Dublin and leave out Branson.

Branson beat Dublin and hung with Sheldon and Riordan at Gridley. They beaten D-2 Redwood 3 straight in MCAL. MCAL maybe a tad weak, but they have no bad losses either. They can play fast or slow and don’t make mistakes.

They were better than a darn good UHS squad last year with the same guys. Tough to take Dublin and leave out Branson.

If Dublin runs that D1 gauntlet, I don’t know how they can not be included. That’s far more impressive than winning the MCAL or D4 bracket. That said, I’d love to see Branson get their shot. They’ve got the team to make some noise this year, whether it be in the Open or D1.

If Dublin runs that D1 gauntlet, I don’t know how they can not be included. That’s far more impressive than winning the MCAL or D4 bracket. That said, I’d love to see Branson get their shot. They’ve got the team to make some noise this year, whether it be in the Open or D1.
Branson beat Dublin. I wish enrollment was used for Norcals still. Branson, Stuart Hall and Weston Ranch would be in great shape .Now it's congrats on a great season, go play schools 3x your size

Reactions: ayalar09
If the Hall gets seeded in Division 2, I will be extremely happy as a proud Alumni. I am all for playing the best, beating the best and just getting the work done that is in front of you. These kids can't control what Division they get put in, but whichever one it is, they have to be prepared and ready. Division 2 would def. be a challenge for them, but after seeing them more than hold their own against Vanden, I think they are up for the challenge!

I agree with the previous poster that Branson would deserve to get in if Dublin does, due to the head to head matchup at Gridley.

That said, I’d love to see Branson get their shot. They’ve got the team to make some noise this year, whether it be in the Open or D1.

I agree with the previous poster that Branson would deserve to get in if Dublin does, due to the head to head matchup at Gridley.

Don't sleep on Fortuna!!!!

Believe it or not. In terms of talent, Bransons has had more talented teams.
Those future Dentists buy into their system, and do all the things they are supposed to do. Plus, they have the best High School coach I have ever seen.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Honick may be the best around. The school has 385 kids. He has 3 that play football, a D-1 baseball player who throws 90 anchored by a legit 6-5 man-size kid and they make teams with strictly hoops kids look lost. You watch them warm up and say...yeah we got this. After a few minutes you realize you have a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT