ADVERTISEMENT

North Play in games

s2h17

Superstar
Nov 13, 2017
I'm wondering how the regional games are going to work this year?

Last year North Coast runner up Pittsburgh received the 1-A bid. The North Coast D1 winner did not receive a regional bid...Is that the common practice now? Regardless if you win the section or not, one's rating based on Calpreps algorithm, will receive the regional bid?

If you have an open playoff bracket you’re allowed to select the runner up to advance to a regional game but this comes at the expense of a lower section champ who would have to stay home

Yes, that is a policy of the NCS since they send two traditional D1 teams (both Open finalists).

Yes, that is a policy of the NCS since they send two traditional D1 teams (both Open finalists).

So, in the case of the SJS, just as last year, Folsom will presumably receive the D1-AA bid and the SJS D2 winner will likely receive the D1-A bid. Is there a senario that the D2 SJS winner could receive the D2-AA bid?

I think SJS D2 winner could definitely get in 2-AA game. Need to be the 5th or 6th best team in NorCal that is eligible and that seems like a good spot. Other logical spot to me is 2-A depending on how playoffs shake out

I think SJS D2 winner could definitely get in 2-AA game. Need to be the 5th or 6th best team in NorCal that is eligible and that seems like a good spot. Other logical spot to me is 2-A depending on how playoffs shake out

I really like that the rankings matter.

So, in the case of the SJS, just as last year, Folsom will presumably receive the D1-AA bid and the SJS D2 winner will likely receive the D1-A bid. Is there a senario that the D2 SJS winner could receive the D2-AA bid?

I think this happened in the past, but possible in any case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT