ADVERTISEMENT

Not just a bunch of hype "The best put the most work in"

Paytc

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2014
For those who wonder why talent alone is not enough to be great or considered one of "the greatest"

Here is a glimpse into what separates the best players and what it takes to be "great". They put the work in and maintain a great attitude. They also win Championships and succeed without a stacked deck. That was why Kobe Bryant was chosen as the "Win Anyway Champion" in my book "Win Anyway".

https://www.goalcast.com/2017/08/07/jay-williams-tried-cut-wrist/

May those who have worked hard with little to no recognition
reap their rewards soon. Have a great 2017-2018 season.

Last edited:
I think it's important to note, though, that it takes talent, and a lot of it, to go along with the work. I think it's setting kids up for disappointment if they're led to believe is that working hard in and of itself will guarantee high-level success.

I think it's important to note, though, that it takes talent, and a lot of it, to go along with the work. I think it's setting kids up for disappointment if they're led to believe is that working hard in and of itself will guarantee high-level success.

Obviously you have to have some talent to even be in the conversation of one of the best. Or to be considered great. But the point I (and the video)was trying to deliver was if you're mentioned among the best, or want to play with the best, you better be prepared to work as hard or harder than the best. Talent or not, you still have to put in the work. That's the point, and fact. And then there is other levels that separate the great from the best, and the greatest from the great. Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Kareem and a few others are in that great class. Most players won't make it into the best class. And even fewer will be considered great in my book. The greatest have all sorts of talent and skill and they still work harder than anyone else.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT