BAY KIDS 3
TOTAL CALI KIDS 4

USF
BAY KIDS 6
TOTAL CALI KIDS 7

SANTA CLARA
BAY KIDS 1
TOTAL CALI KIDS 3

Great post. Looking at this list, I think you can see why top Cali kids leave the area. Most on list have average to losing winning percentage, no tv contracts, and no major fan base. The likes of Stanford and Santa Clara also want you to have a high GPA. Sac State facilities are draconian, USF old, Pacific in town with nothing going on. If only offering partial scholarship in Bay Area schools, the cost of living is too high. Unfortunately, choices out of state are many times the best option.

These are all individual recruitments with different priorities (education, playing time, team success, want to get away, want to stay close to home, etc). Sometimes, it doesn't line up for a local school to land a LOI or be involved at the end.

That said, I think the issue that many on this board bring up is the some of the local schools aren't putting in the effort to be involved by the end. If you don't have the best product to sell, you also can't be late to the party.

Great post. Looking at this list, I think you can see why top Cali kids leave the area. Most on list have average to losing winning percentage, no tv contracts, and no major fan base. The likes of Stanford and Santa Clara also want you to have a high GPA. Sac State facilities are draconian, USF old, Pacific in town with nothing going on. If only offering partial scholarship in Bay Area schools, the cost of living is too high. Unfortunately, choices out of state are many times the best option.
lmaaaoooooo..... why you do stockton like that bruh

Reactions: coachlittle
How are we forgetting the (1998 D2) National Champions on this list of NorCal D1 programs?

I remember that year. Davis came into Chico State Gym with there full marching band. Place went crazy!!
Chico State's Deon Robinson scored the go ahead basket to put Chico State up 1 point, with 1 second on the clock. Chico States Team celebrated and some players stepped on the court. Chico State was assessed a Tech. The place went crazy!!!!

Zero time left. U.C. Davis makes the two free throws, and steals the win.
"Oh" The Humanity !

Here's wishing you great hoops

UC DAVIS
BAY KIDS 4
TOTAL CALI KIDS 5
Lol! The more I think about it, I really appreciate what Thomason did at UOP, as far as recruiting. Sac State has no chance, you were being very nice calling their facilities draconian.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT