2. Mitty 12-2 | 18-6
3T Serra 9-5 | 17-7
3T St. Ignatius 9-5 | 18-6
5. Bellarmine 5-9 | 10-14
6. Sacred Heart Cathedral 4-10 | 11-13
7..Valley Christian 2-12 | 11-14
8. St. Francis 1-13 | 3-21

Last edited:
3rd Place is tie between Serra and Saint Ignatius. It will be decided by a coin flip.

Both teams lost 2 games against Mitty and Riordan. And they spilt their games against each other.

Reactions: jordan24
Tuesday 2/13 Results
  • SHC 40 @ Riordan 86
  • Mitty 77 @ Valley Christian 54
  • Serra 49 @ St. Ignatius 53
  • Bellarmine 48 @ St. Francis 43
Final 2023-24 WCAL Standings Feb 13th
1. Riordan 14-0 | 20-4
2. Mitty 12-2 | 18-6
3T Serra 9-5 | 17-7
3T St. Ignatius 9-5 | 18-6
5. Bellarmine 5-9 | 10-14
6. Sacred Heart Cathedral 4-10 | 11-13
7..Valley Christian 2-12 | 11-14
8. St. Francis 1-13 | 3-21
Absolutely dominant and impressive by Riordan. Won all 14 league games by an average of 25.2 pts. Only one game (vs Mitty) with a win in single digits. They were locked in! Its winning time now. One trophy down. Three to go.

Reactions: M.C. fan
CCS Tournament Brackets Posted

Archbishop Riordan #1 Seed in the OPEN Division, travels to Bellarmine on Friday at 7 PM, travels to Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton) on Monday at 7 PM, hosts Serra on Wednesday at 7 PM.

Archbishop Riordan Girls will host Saint Francis on Wednesday at 5:30 PM, before the Serra vs. Riordan Boys game.

My guess is Riordan is being penalized for Inderkum leaving it's Bench and creating a brawl. I have no idea if it includes players being unable to play, also. This Penalty was never announced by anyone. It is not on the CIF Web Site, and I can not see any mention of it on the CCS Web Site.

Last edited:

Archbishop Riordan #1 Seed in the OPEN Division, hosts Bellarmine on Friday at 7 PM, hosts Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton) on Monday at 7 PM, hosts Serra on Wednesday at 7 PM.

Archbishop Riordan Girls will host Saint Francis on Wednesday at 5:30 PM, before the Serra vs. Riordan Boys game.
So stats just to confirm it says online that Riordan travels to Bellarmine and SHP. I assume that’s a total error

It has to be a mistake.

How could Mitty host 3 games as the #2 Seed and Riordan only host 1 game as the #1 Seed.
Yeah didn’t look right although I believe one year higher seeds were hosting in a certain bracket if I recall. But this doesn’t make any sense. They probably have options to pick when filling the bracket and somebody dropped the ball.

I heard at last night's Riordan game it is the continued CIF sanction from the Inderkum incident last year. Not sure if any players are suspended, and the one that started it graduated. Rencher and Tshamala are the returning players that sat out last year.

Last edited:
My guess is Riordan is being penalized for Inderkum leaving it's Bench and creating a brawl. I have no idea if it includes players being unable to play, also. This Penalty was never announced by anyone.
If I recall, a Riordan player started the fight. I doubt they are being penalized for something that just involved Inderkum. It was an ugly incident.

From what I remember, it was a Riordan player that shoved an opponent from behind after a whistle had stopped play.

I believe it was that Inderkum player who then threw the biggest punch in the fight…

But whatever, to me the real problem was the fans that jumped the rail and joined in, so far as I could see practically all from the Inderkum side.

Anyway, I thought any player punishments had already been served at the start of the season…. I could be wrong, tho…

I have heard that at least the worst offenders of the Inderkum fans have been taken care of…. and/or their kids were seniors and they weren’t coming back anyway.

I would be surprised, however, if this road-trip for Riordan was part of any punishment…. Once again, I could be wrong…

Road or home it won’t matter. Quite honestly , I just don’t see any team including Mitty beating Riordan the way they have been playing the past few weeks.

Reactions: ayalar09
Absolutely dominant and impressive by Riordan. Won all 14 league games by an average of 25.2 pts. Only one game (vs Mitty) with a win in single digits. They were locked in! Its winning time now. One trophy down. Three to go.
Kudos to Riordan’s administration for hosting prospective 8th graders and their families with dinner and the game last night! There was also an Alumni tailgate too! The Forum was sold out with scores of people lined up outside.

Someone please refresh my memory, what's the tie breaker in pool play if 3 teams go 2-1?
Courtesy Mercury News: “The team that finishes first in the pool advances to the championship game. Last season, No. 2 Archbishop Riordan, No. 3 Sacred Heart Prep and No. 7 Sacred Heart Cathedral tied for first in Pool B, each with 2-1 records. SHC advanced because the teams it beat added up to the fewest seed points (No. 2 Riordan and No. 6 Menlo-Atherton = 8 seed points). Riordan beat No. 3 SHP and No. 6 M-A for nine seed points. SHP beat No. 6 M-A and No. 7 SHC for 13 seed points. SHC went on to defeat Serra in the final.”

I get that fight was ugly, but why are we punishing a completely different team?

Riordan fought tooth and nail to run through the WCAL and their reward….2 road games?

I think Riordan and SHP win those first games.

I know they haven’t lost in awhile, but SHP is very hot right now. That’s a really tough 2nd round matchup at Riordan, at SHP that’s a coin toss IMO.

That instantly puts Riordan in a position where a SHP win over Bellarmine gives them the spot over Riordan as they would then finish 3-0.

IMO that Riordan @SHP game could decide Pool A.

I know they haven’t lost in awhile, but SHP is very hot right now. That’s a really tough 2nd round matchup at Riordan, at SHP that’s a coin toss IMO.

SHP plays at Serra tomorrow night. The Padres already beat the Gators and Riordan swept the season series against Serra - both in double digit victories. The Jungle is a very tough place to play for any visiting team. The Crusaders know what to expect at SHP as they beat them in Atherton a few seasons ago in the Open pool play with the Gators heavily favored in that one. Riordan gets Serra at home to finish pool play.

SHP plays at Serra tomorrow night. The Padres already beat the Gators and Riordan swept the season series against Serra - both in double digit victories. The Jungle is a very tough place to play for any visiting team. The Crusaders know what to expect at SHP as they beat them in Atherton a few seasons ago in the Open pool play with the Gators heavily favored in that one. Riordan gets Serra at home to finish pool play.

SHP could actually lose to Serra in first game, then win the next two and still get in over Riordan

I get that fight was ugly, but why are we punishing a completely different team?

Riordan fought tooth and nail to run through the WCAL and their reward….2 road games?

I think Riordan and SHP win those first games.

That instantly puts Riordan in a position where a SHP win over Bellarmine gives them the spot over Riordan as they would then finish 3-0.

2 players are on the team still. so it isnt completely different. and that is not how punishments work. ever.

Archbishop Riordan #1 Seed in the OPEN Division, travels to Bellarmine on Friday at 7 PM, travels to Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton) on Monday at 7 PM, hosts Serra on Wednesday at 7 PM.

My guess is Riordan is being penalized for Inderkum leaving it's Bench and creating a brawl. I have no idea if it includes players being unable to play, also. This Penalty was never announced by anyone. It is not on the CIF Web Site, and I can not see any mention of it on the CCS Web Site.
ThEy ArE BEinG PunIsHEd fOr tHE CatHOliC SchOOl kID sTaRTinG a BraWL oN a GAmE tHAt Was PrACticaLLY OVER.

Reference Points in case you forgot.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrzdtsKcbsk

SHP could actually lose to Serra in first game, then win the next two and still get in over Riordan
Riordan has played very good teams that run the same type of offense as SHP - SI, Serra, Mitty (twice each), SRV and Clovis North. SHP played in the Crusader Classic and beat Granada by 1 in December, but lost to University. This Crusader team is very different than the one in December.

2 players are on the team still. so it isnt completely different. and that is not how punishments work. ever.
I understand the penalty is just putting Riordan on the road the first 2 games of Pool play. No player suspensions as the one who started it with the uncalled for shove, graduated.

Reactions: ankleassassin
CCS Open Pool Play Round 1 Results - Feb 16th

Pool A

#1 Riordan 79 @ #8 Bellarmine 32
#5 SHP-Atherton 49 @ #4 Serra 59

Pool B
#7 Half Moon Bay 51 @ #2 Mitty 75
#6 Branham 52 @ #3 St. Ignatius 68

Last edited:
Kudos to Riordan’s administration for hosting prospective 8th graders and their families with dinner and the game last night! There was also an Alumni tailgate too! The Forum was sold out with scores of people lined up outside.
This Is the new Reardon way with #NewAttutude & NewApproach

It is not JUST on the field of court.

#ItsTheCulture@TheR

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
SFCF
It's torture just reading your post. The least you can do is spell Riordan correctly
THE PREP has no chance vs Riordan, unless they play in a swimming pool.

Reactions: SF_Mikey
SFCF
It's torture just reading your post. The least you can do is spell Riordan correctly
I would favor SHP if they indeed jump into the pool for water polo, or competed against Riordan in golf, tennis or lacrosse.... Basketball not so much at least this year but if the game is tight down the stretch you never know. Maybe the SHP coach will show his team the tape from the University game as a blueprint on how to beat the Crusaders.

SFCF
He is referring to Tim Reardon, who is the President of Riordan and former head basketball coach at S.I. As a note he has been there for quite some time. I want to say he was there when the previous coach was sent packing.

Monday Feb 19th CCS Open 2nd Round Results
Pool A

#1 Riordan 62 @ #5 SHP-Atherton 45
#8 Bellarmine 50 @ #4 Serra 53
Pool B
#6 Branham 56 @ #2 Mitty 73
#7 Half Moon Bay 48 @ #3 St. Ignatius 67

Pool A Records
#1 Riordan 2-0
#4 Serra 2-0
#5 Sacred Heart Prep-Atherton 0-2
#8 Bellarmine 0-2

Pool B Records
#2 Mitty 2-0
#3 St. Ignatius 2-0
#6 Branham 0-2
#7 Half Moon Bay 0-2

Last edited:
SHP put up a decent fight. Was impressed with R pride and poise. Maybe playing in bucolic setting of Atherton the City kids brought their manners and etiquette . Which is a mandatory class for all freshman at the Prep. Only one T called against them. Their man to man D was pretty darn good. To bad Serra has to play them at home.
Good luck to them in State. Hope they rep the WCAL well

• Haha
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Since their loss to Branson on 12/8…….Riordan is 19-1 with wins over Clovis North, Bishop Gorman, Centennial amongst all their WCAL wins

Average margin of victory in those 19 wins is 21.2

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT