ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Riordan CCS Open Champions!

SFCF
It's torture just reading your post. The least you can do is spell Riordan correctly
THE PREP has no chance vs Riordan, unless they play in a swimming pool.
IF You don’t understand Why I spell Riordan aka Reardon,…but that is okay. Nothing wrong with being blissfully ignorant 😳🤣😳🤣

#PurpleRegein
#RemedialGames

Wednesday Feb 21st CCS Open Final Round of Pool Play
Pool A

• #4 Serra @ #1 Riordan (Winner moves on to CCS Open Title game Friday @ Santa Clara Univ)
  • #8 Bellarmine @ #5 Sacred Heart Prep
Pool B
  • #3 St. Ignatius @ #2 Mitty (Winner moves on to CCS Open Title game Friday @ Santa Clara Univ)
  • #7 Half Moon Bay @ #6 Branham

Pool A Records
#1 Riordan 2-0
#4 Serra 2-0
#5 Sacred Heart Prep-Atherton 0-2
#8 Bellarmine 0-2

Pool B Records
#2 Mitty 2-0
#3 St. Ignatius 2-0
#6 Branham 0-2
#7 Half Moon Bay 0-2

Wednesday Feb 21st CCS Open Final Round of Pool Play Results
Pool A

• #4 Serra 49 @ #1 Riordan 65
  • #8 Bellarmine 51 @ #5 Sacred Heart Prep 60
Pool B
  • #3 St. Ignatius 59 @ #2 Mitty 65
  • #7 Half Moon Bay 38 @ #6 Branham 62

Friday Feb 23rd CCS Open Championship @ Santa Clara Univ @ 8pm
#1 Archbishop Riordan vs #2 Archbishop Mitty

Last edited:
Great game at the Crusader Forum tonight. Serra came to play as the game was tied at the half. Ryan Pettis was on fire leading the Padres. Foul trouble plagued him as he got his 4th foul late 3rd quarter. Riordan's depth proved out as Serra appeared gassed as the Crusaders pulled away in the 4th quarter. Padres will represent well in NorCals.

59-53 Riordan

Sounds like a good game. I expected Riordan to blow them out. That’s what I told the Salesian crowd. Personally I don’t think Salesian played well during many moments. They are gonna have to score a lot more than 20 in the first two quarters. Slow starts can be a huge deal against a team with so much fire power

Sounds like a good game. I expected Riordan to blow them out. That’s what I told the Salesian crowd. Personally I don’t think Salesian played well during many moments. They are gonna have to score a lot more than 20 in the first two quarters. Slow starts can be a huge deal against a team with so

Sounds like a good game. I expected Riordan to blow them out. That’s what I told the Salesian crowd. Personally I don’t think Salesian played well during many moments. They are gonna have to score a lot more than 20 in the first two quarters. Slow starts can be a huge deal against a team with so much fire power
I didn't watch the Riordan - Salesian game earlier this year but from what I read / recall Salesian recovered nicely from a fast Riordan start to beat them soundly by 13 points. Riordan only scored 48 points in that game against Salesian. Riordan is playing better now so I think it'll be closer if they happen to meet in the Open. Lastly, Salesian has to be the #1 seed so they'll be playing close to home at CCC with plenty of fan support so it'll be tough to take them down.

Reactions: SFcityfan
I didn't watch the Riordan - Salesian game earlier this year but from what I read / recall Salesian recovered nicely from a fast Riordan start to beat them soundly by 13 points. Riordan only scored 48 points in that game against Salesian. Riordan is playing better now so I think it'll be closer if they happen to meet in the Open. Lastly, Salesian has to be the #1 seed so they'll be playing close to home at CCC with plenty of fan support so it'll be tough to take them down.
Salesian played a great defensive game. They knew Riordan would start taking bad shots and it happened.

You know what is Special about this Run, many Naysayers who are jumping on the #PurpleRegien bandwagon & I am glad theR welcomes them under the watchful approach of the Morris/Green mantra: “Of Inclusion” or “they obtained a extra bus for late comer’s “ ;LMAO

This @TheR “Legacy Run” has NOT been AS dominating since the 1990’s, Although Some posters want to Uniquely “time stamp a Banner”. WHAT THEY ARE NOT RECOGNIZING IS THE Following:

# NewAttitude & # NewApproach 2= #PurpleRegien
#ReardanLeasership
#TheTrifecta = WCAL/CCS/NorCal= potential to be in the ship
#Coaches Joey & Ahirm “R” the conduits @TheR
#OnThe ShouldersOfTheOneWhoCameBeforeU

Last edited:
Salesian has rightfully earned its #1 Norcal ranking. Its smothering defense and offensive scheme fits perfectly for this deep and experienced team. Riordan was still coming together in that MLK matchup with the Pride and has run off 15 consecutive wins averaging a win differential of over 21pts/game in going undefeated in WCAL and a win against Centennial-Corona. CCS Open included playing Bellarmine, Serra and Mitty for a third time. Not easy going 3-0 vs a league opponent. Sensley was limited last night against Mitty with a hip strain, but the team's depth and overall team defense picked up the slack. The players have bought into Coach Curtin and know their roles and the rotations appear solid to adapt to any game scenario. Looking forward to NorCals!

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Salesian played a great defensive game. They knew Riordan would start taking bad shots and it happened.
They are pretty damn solid on defense but I think they have to be better on the boards. And Riordan has size. DLS hit two threes off of one guy tapping the ball out and the other kicking it out. SRV got a decent amount of offensive rebounds.

Riordan is the most talented team in NorCal Open however let’s hope the two play again. Salesian comes to play even on there off nights.

Reactions: cityfan
Salesian has rightfully earned its #1 Norcal ranking. Its smothering defense and offensive scheme fits perfectly for this deep and experienced team. Riordan was still coming together in that MLK matchup with the Pride and has run off 15 consecutive wins averaging a win differential of over 21pts/game in going undefeated in WCAL and a win against Centennial-Corona. CCS Open included playing Bellarmine, Serra and Mitty for a third time. Not easy going 3-0 vs a league opponent. Sensley was limited last night against Mitty with a hip strain, but the team's depth and overall team defense picked up the slack. The players have bought into Coach Curtin and know their roles and the rotations appear solid to adapt to any game scenario. Looking forward to NorCals!
Salesian has played and beat everyone they have faced expect one team, St, John Bosco. They beat Mitty, Clovis North, Branson, Campbell Hall, Hillcrest (ID), Owyhee (ID), Centennial (twice within 12 days), Ygnacio Valley, Windward, Damien, Riordan (just 5 weeks ago), Millennium (AZ), SRV, DLS, and everyone in their league twice. No excuses for anything. They are the most unselfish team in California. Several of the Salesian kids could go elsewhere and put up big numbers, but they chose to play within the system as a team with winning being the only goal. They are afraid of no other team.

BTW, how is it that a team with only 1 player with a D1 offer / commitment, is beating all these stacked teams that have 2, 3, 4 or 9 D1 players? Maybe the evaluators are wrong and need to take a closer look at the Salesian players. They are very good basketball players individually, and those individuals have bought in to make a great team.

Salesian has played and beat everyone they have faced expect one team, St, John Bosco. They beat Mitty, Clovis North, Branson, Campbell Hall, Hillcrest (ID), Owyhee (ID), Centennial (twice within 12 days), Ygnacio Valley, Windward, Damien, Riordan (just 5 weeks ago), Millennium (AZ), SRV, DLS, and everyone in their league twice. No excuses for anything. They are the most unselfish team in California. Several of the Salesian kids could go elsewhere and put up big numbers, but they chose to play within the system as a team with winning being the only goal. They are afraid of no other team.

BTW, how is it that a team with only 1 player with a D1 offer / commitment, is beating all these stacked teams that have 2, 3, 4 or 9 D1 players? Maybe the evaluators are wrong and need to take a closer look at the Salesian players. They are very good basketball players individually, and those individuals have bought in to make a great team.
Mellis, talks to his players. And I mean "TALKS " They spend so much time walking thru set's, concepetualizing what they want to do. I have been there when each coach will make time for each player.
They are smart and focused. I recognized this when I invited them to Gridley 20 years ago.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: HSWIZARD73

In all honesty there are some teams that don’t need all the players. If you have a damn good coach and kids that can run an offense and they be where they need to be defensively you can win. There have been De La Salle teams that has no business winning. There are a few teams over the years that have won state titles and on paper should not have. When you get this deep it’s about execution cause every play counts. Somebody on here said Mellis is a good coach but he wins with athletes. Well based on what you’re saying I think he is a great coach. Frank Alocco best coach hands down I ever seen. He won state with teams you think how, and he lost some. I haven’t seen Riordan play as of late, they have major talent just based on what I did see. I am gonna catch a NorCal game of theirs then I can pick will it be Salesian or Riordan, granted they both make it.

Mellis, talks to his players. And I mean "TALKS " They spend so much time walking thru set's, concepetualizing what they want to do. I have been there when each coach will make time for each player.
They are smart and focused. I recognized this when I invited them to Gridley 20 years ago.

Marc do you ever need families that need to host in Gridley. I met a wonderful family who would be interested in getting info. They moved up to Gridley two years ago and they didn’t have any knowledge of the tournament and I told them it’s a great town event.

Marc do you ever need families that need to host in Gridley. I met a wonderful family who would be interested in getting info. They moved up to Gridley two years ago and they didn’t have any knowledge of the tournament and I told them it’s a great town event.
We can always have families do that. Have them get in touch with.
Chrismcintire10@gmail.com.
Tell him they may be interested in Housing players.
Also let them visit - Gridleyinvitational.org - which is our web site.

You guys are comical, you Post and Site data of old when many early pundits like yourself talk about “Buying In” or the Great Intelligence of the coaches.

Here is reality,…”if you have more talent than the other team & and they have learned team defense”; that team will be successful.

What I find to be Truthful Hyperbole as the False Narriatives change is @TheR should win because they have the most talent; we knew that In Sept, but board dialog was they were NOT able to,…

The reality Is Coach Curtin used “John Wooden’s Funnel Approach”to his 23-24 season and now we all watch the pundits change their narratives as @TheR has captured the Two Headed monster of WCAL & CCS and focused on the Trifecta of NorCal which hasn’t been done since 1990 in the Open or Top division…it is not about banner, but belonging to Riordan Folklore.

I can’t remember the poster’s name, but he was a fun/zealot fan of Sac HS. But he used to say, “you can’t Alter the Direction of the team of destiny”.

@TheR is 23-24 “is the team of Destiny

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT