ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Ridge 42 vs 0 Vacaville FINAL

Dan12Kings

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2010
Vacaville comes in to this one trying to shake off that loss in Brentwood against a very good Liberty team that played outstanding defense against the Bulldogs as their only TD came on an 83yard pass. The Bulldogs running game was completely shut down by Liberty. The Bulldogs longest run of the night must have been 30yrds or less, I don’t recall when was the last time Vaca didn’t have a run of 30+ yards in a game. Excuse me if they did have such a run in the game at Liberty but I just don’t remember, but the rushing stats of the players suggest that they didn’t. As the leading rusher had a little more than 40 yrds total for the game and others had about 30+ and 20+ yards.

Not sure how loaded is Oak Ridge this year, how many returning players do they have? How’s their defense? How’s their QB?

Vacaville scheduled one of the toughest non league schedules in the Section, they usually have one weak team but this year I don’t see it as the weakest team is Burbank but they’re not a walk in the park as they are usually very tough to beat sometimes with good athletes and Size.

Vacaville winning two games in non-league part of the season should be good considering the teams they will be playing, teams pretty much at the top of the NCS and SJS in Liberty,Pittsburg, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay.

Hopefully they can pull the upset and get their first win ever against Oak Ridge, will be tough but the schools are starting to know each other as last year this game came to a 1point loss for the Bulldogs.

DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE!!!
GO VACAVILLE BULLDOGS!!!

Last edited:
Dan12Kings, Thanks for the info...I believe the results will be same as the Liberty game, but you never know with Vacaville. Hopefully there will be Rb that will step up and the line will open up holes for the Rbs and they can finally do something about their Pass Defense. I think the Coach at Burbank is in his second year. The old one is now at Elk Grove. Burbank is always there...Hopefully Vacaville can truly pull off some Upsets in preseason. Vacaville is finally due for a win...

Reactions: Dan12Kings
TD OR they capitalize on a big Vacaville turnover 7-0 OR 11:39 remaining in the 1st qtr

Vacaville with yet another 3 and out, OL can’t block to protect the QB or to open lanes for the RBs

TD OR they take advantage of a short field after a bad Vaca punt. OR 14 Vaca 0 2:42 remaining in the 1st qtr

Vacaville looking really bad can’t get a first down and are forced to another 3 and out.

This is going to get ugly Vaca has no offense at all, Defense doing everything they can but they’re getting tired of being out on the field the whole game.

Vacaville has no answer on offense, I haven’t seen Vacaville this bad in a very long time, as long as I remember I’ve haven’t seen a worse game on the ground than this in a very long time. They might get shut out I also don’t remember last time that happened to the Bulldogs.

Shocked I wonder if any teams in the Preseason want to continue the series? I Believe if Vacaville goes to the Spread Offense it may be different..they need to get their Bite back from 5-10 years...still I will root for them

Wow have to go back 15 years to find the last time Vacaville got shut out. Back in 2003 a loss to Woodland 34-0.

Wow have to go back 15 years to find the last time Vacaville got shut out. Back in 2003 a loss to Woodland 34-0.

Actually, the game you're referring to against Woodland was in 1993, not 2003.

The last time Vaca was shutout was 2002 when they lost to Laguna Creek 14-0.

They were also shut out in 1996 and 1997 by Napa and Vallejo in 1995, all after the 34-0 loss to Woodland in '93. Regardless, it had been a long while. ;)

Sorry you had to witness it, Dan.

Two good teams Vacaville has played, but surprising in how they got to 0-2.

Oak Ridge offense looks legit. Can hurt a defense in more ways than last year

Two good teams Vacaville has played, but surprising in how they got to 0-2.

Oak Ridge offense looks legit. Can hurt a defense in more ways than last year

@Streak One their running game looks really good, they got some speed. QB did a good job too, but the one that impressed me a bit was their backup QB I think they said is a sophomore but not sure, that kid has an arm.

Vacaville Football website has a game against Woodland in 2003 as a shutout loss
http://vacavillefootball.com/2000s.htm

@ThunderRam link to Vaca football history on their website. I also checked the results of 1993 and there also is a 34-0 loss to woodland that year.

Right. I understand. But what they have listed there isn’t correct.

Easiest way I can prove it is for you to compare the entire list of scores they have in 2003 to what they have listed in 1993. They're exactly the same (and in the same order), with the exception that they have back-to-back scores listed for Armijo in 2003 (which also isn't correct). The 2nd Armijo score in 2003 (46-0) is actually from the game played in 1983.

It looks like data entry error on their part. I've seen that site before and they've actually committed a lot of those types of mistakes.

While the overall 7-3-1 record they have listed for 2003 is correct, the accompanying game scores for that season don't match (e.g., where's the tie?). The league record in 2003 was actually 3-1-1 because they tied Vintage 28-28 that season.

While Calpreps isn't always 100% accurate either, the data they have for 2003 seems to be spot on: http://www.calpreps.com/2003/3_Monticello_Empire.htm

Right. I understand. But what they have listed there isn’t correct.

Easiest way I can prove it is for you to compare the entire list of scores they have in 2003 to what they have listed in 1993. They're exactly the same (and in the same order), with the exception that they have back-to-back scores listed for Armijo in 2003 (which also isn't correct). The 2nd Armijo score in 2003 (46-0) is actually from the game played in 1983.

It looks like data entry error on their part. I've seen that site before and they've actually committed a lot of those types of mistakes.

While the overall 7-3-1 record they have listed for 2003 is correct, the accompanying game scores for that season don't match (e.g., where's the tie?). The league record in 2003 was actually 3-1-1 because they tied Vintage 28-28 that season.

While Calpreps isn't always 100% accurate either, the data they have for 2003 seems to be spot on: http://www.calpreps.com/2003/3_Monticello_Empire.htm

Thanks for the Info @ThunderRam well I guess I have to add one more year for the last time Vacaville got shut out at 16 years dating back to 2002.

@waggle95 whats your input on this game, if you noticed I wasn’t too hard on Vacaville this time, and tried to not drive “true Vacaville fans nuts” with my Insight of the game. I try to learn from my mistakes :)

Thanks for the Info @ThunderRam well I guess I have to add one more year for the last time Vacaville got shut out at 16 years dating back to 2002.

No worries, Dan. Please don't take my correction the wrong way. You were only citing a source you thought would be correct. I totally get that. I just wanted to give you a heads up since I know you probably rely on their quite info a bit. And why shouldn't you? :)

During my years of research, I've often discovered sources of info that I trusted to be correct to be wrong. In this case, I think they probably have all the correct info stored --- but whomever entered the info got it a bit mixed up. Hence the mix up between 1983, 1993 and 2003 (there are some other years too). When you do a lot of data entry, it becomes easy to make easy mistakes like that. I tend to like to vet the info using newpaper records. But even those can be wrong too.

No worries, Dan. Please don't take my correction the wrong way. You were only citing a source you thought would be correct. I totally get that. I just wanted to give you a heads up since I know you probably rely on their quite info a bit. And why shouldn't you? :)

During my years of research, I've often discovered sources of info that I trusted to be correct to be wrong. In this case, I think they probably have all the correct info stored --- but whomever entered the info got it a bit mixed up. Hence the mix up between 1983, 1993 and 2003 (there are some other years too). When you do a lot of data entry, it becomes easy to make easy mistakes like that. I tend to like to vet the info using newpaper records. But even those can be wrong too.

No worries I don’t take the correction the wrong way, I’ve met you in person before and I know u like to cite the correct info on this site. And I’ve should’ve done more searching around like MaxPreps at least but I think even they have some wrong info, I used to keep handwritten(more like computermade) and hand written scores on all my Vacaville Bulldogs games since 2008 but I stopped doing it. They were reliable because since then I attended almost all the games except the lopsided league games which I relied on the Vacaville newspaper for the scores on those games that I didn’t attend.

Reactions: ThunderRam

Thanks for the info on the errors on the website!!

It was input incorrectly. :-( I have went through and corrected the website to show the correct scores with the correct years.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Thanks for the info on the errors on the website!!

It was input incorrectly. :-( I have went through and corrected the website to show the correct scores with the correct years.

Sorry for the confusion!!

I had no idea someone affiliated with the site was a member here! Too funny. Just a heads up that the league record for that same 2003 season also needs to be corrected to 3-1-1. While Vaca won the CA overtime against Vintage, it still is recorded as a tie -- as evidence by the 7-3-1 overall record.

Thanks for correcting!

Reactions: tlc94115
And I’ve should’ve done more searching around like MaxPreps at least but I think even they have some wrong info,

Yeah, IMO maxpreps is frequently incorrect. While no resource out there is 100% perfect, IMO calpreps is a much better resource for game history results. They don't keep individual stats, but everything else seems to maintained more accurately.

With maxpreps, you have to be especially careful with the individual stats. I've noticed beat writers citing how much yardage a player gained or how many TD's they scored during a season all while not noticing 1 or more of the individual games stats are missing (not entered for that week). They also often have 'phantom' games listed on the schedule and quite often have the home/away location wrong.

The SFL is shaping up to be pretty much like I thought it would be.
Folsom and of course everybody else.... But who is everybody else.

Right now here is my next in line.
Oak Ridge 2-0 looks impressive in first 2 games. Much more dynamic offensively. Schedule thus far has been subpar though. Reed NV is usually good but I've heard they are down this year. I expect OR to be 3-0 going into first league game.
Del Oro- 2-0 looks good but pretty easy preseason schedule compared to the Casey days. I expect them to be 4-0 before first league game.
Grant 1-1 Lost to a tough Central team. The same central fresno team that will clean Whitney's clock this weekend.
Whitney/Rocklin- Sort of a toss up. Whitney lost to a good Placer team in a pretty close game.
Granite Bay- My cellar team. Can't score and lost a ton from last year. They will be 0-3 after they lose to Jesuit next.

Not sure Folsom gets that tested. OR/DO will play them tough for 1/2.

Granite Bay- My cellar team. Can't score and lost a ton from last year. They will be 0-3 after they lose to Jesuit next.

One of my buddies was at the game against Demonte Ranch in Reno. He says that Granite Bay has major issues in their passing game....called it horrible. Running game is not working either except on a hit or miss basis. They are in for a long season.

That said, he also indicated that Demonte Ranch (or whatever) has a QB that has been offered by ND and Michigan and looks to be Michigan bound. He said he was not too impressed. He thinks ND and MI should be looking harder at the SFL QBs...

The SFL is shaping up to be pretty much like I thought it would be.
Folsom and of course everybody else.... But who is everybody else.

Right now here is my next in line.
Oak Ridge 2-0 looks impressive in first 2 games. Much more dynamic offensively. Schedule thus far has been subpar though. Reed NV is usually good but I've heard they are down this year. I expect OR to be 3-0 going into first league game.

Agreed that it’s likely Folsom then OR then everyone else. That’s exactly how it’s been the past few years.

Del Oro could be improved to the point that they’re a threat for #2 but it’s too early to tell for sure.

One of my buddies was at the game against Demonte Ranch in Reno. He says that Granite Bay has major issues in their passing game....called it horrible. Running game is not working either except on a hit or miss basis. They are in for a long season.

That said, he also indicated that Demonte Ranch (or whatever) has a QB that has been offered by ND and Michigan and looks to be Michigan bound. He said he was not too impressed. He thinks ND and MI should be looking harder at the SFL QBs...

They have some injuries too according to the local newspaper.

The SFL has some good quarterbacks. The college scouts just aren't giving any of them time of day. Not one has the ideal combination of athleticism and height - apparently. Apparently, that's all that matters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT