ADVERTISEMENT

October 26 Scores

Central Catholic a 34-0 lead over Oakdale in Q2 . Game of the week? LOL
I'm an Oakdale fan. This was NOT the game of the week LOL. ( just laughing out loud like you) Anyhow, Oakdale can't compete against recruiting. Oakdale's down year against CC's best year in recruiting. NO contest..... If DO or anyone else in D2 even think they have a chance against them this year, DON'T hold your breath. It's NOT happening. But good luck to you. You will need it.

Timeout Palma, 20.1 seconds left in the game. Aptos has the ball on the Palma 16.
Palma up 40 to 35

If Palma wins will be a 4 way tie in PCAL GAB for first. If they lose will be a 3 way tie with Hollister in command over Salinas

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Salinas scores again with 1:20 left and recoverd onside kick...second one of game and has ball.

Salinas down by 7 with time left

Palma 40 Aptos 35 Final
What a game. Stops Aptos with fumble recovery on 5 with time running out for the win. Way to go Chieftains. 4 way tie for lead in the PCAL Gab now with Palma, Salinas, Aptos and Hollister all 4-1. . Palma faces Hollister and Salinas faces Aptos next week and the result will be 2 that are co-champs in the PCAL Gab

San Benito - Hollister 35 Salinas 28 Final
Salinas scored late to pull within 7 and onside kick recovered (second one in half) and threw a pick ending chance.

Last edited:
Palma 40 Aptos 35 Final
What a game. Stops Aptos on 5 with time running out for the win. Way to go Chieftains. 4 way tie for lead in the PCAL Gab now with Palma, Salinas, Aptos and Hollister all 4-1. . Palma faces Hollister and Salinas faces Aptos next week and the result will be 2 that are co-champs in the PCAL Gab

San Benito - Hollister 35 Salinas 28 Final
Salinas scored late to pull within 7 and onside kick recovered (second one in half) and threw a pick ending chance.
Nice win!

MA 24 HMB 7 Final
MA QB Alexander out. This was not a good outing for MA. Look like they would be clear favorite in CCS D1 but now maybe Wilcox. Salinas lost to Holliter tonight as well. D1 may be wider open than thought.

wow.... So much for that Newman matchup. That would be a bad loss.
Placer won this game 52-48,Lincoln was very inspired at home with there roughly 2000 enrollment.Why wouldn’t a Placer vs Newman game not be a good match-up now?In rivalry games teams usually play a little more inspired than normal regardless of record,and Placer had there hands full last nite BUT Lincoln is a good team as far as Placer is concerned.Lincoln knows Placer well and we didn’t expect anything different,it’s a battle when these two meet they have been in same leagues for awhile now......they know each other.,just like SFL.Oakridge beats Lincoln in PS pretty good than plays Del Oro and gets there a$# handed to them and Del Oro plays Grant and barely gets win.....rivalry games!I don’t know maybe Placer gets killed by CN but then again maybe they don’t.........who knows.Is Newman that good that Placer wouldn’t have a shot at winning simply because some league team played them well and almost won?I liken this new FVL to a mini SFL,Placer is now playing schools with much larger enrollments and yet this yr were fortunate to win the league,that will NOT be the case next yr or for awhile.SJS D3 will be a test for this yrs Placer not next as they will be losing a lot to graduation.I think Placer might do ok vs all world CN or others......but to think they might not simply because a rival league opponent who knows them well and played the Hillmen tough on their field and almost won takes away that excitement of Placer vs a CN....I don’t know,but then again who does,lol.Placer is having a great yr vs much better competition than they played in PVL not to mention all bigger and larger enrollments this is all new to Placer,next yr they settle in.Again Placer is having a nice yr with a decent team let’s see how they compare.....they may get killed ,who knows?

wow.... So much for that Newman matchup. That would be a bad loss.
If Rancho Cotate were to lead CN 48-45 in 4th qtr and CN pulls out the win 52-48 and them being rivals in same league and know each other well ....would it be fair for fans to say “wow..so much for that Placer match-up”just asking.Both RC And CN beat up on Analy and Ukiah last night as they should,but I think these 2 play each other tough when they lock horns just as Placer vs Lincoln even more so now as Placer is smallest in the entire FVL....huge challenge for Placer in this new D3 league yet this yr they are the Champions.CN and RC are both very good passing teams and Placer just the opposite they run well,I believe it would be a good game THIS YR playing either one....I hope it happens,I think Placer this yr may do better than some think.Go Placer

I don't think Newman and Placer will meet. I hope they do. I think Newman will end up playing a much tougher Valley Christian school from WCAL. It happened a few years ago when Jordon Brookshire was QB at Newman and they got beat up pretty bad. Valley Christian is probably the best 7-2 team in Norcal with close loses to undefeated Wilcox and 9-1 St Francis.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
I don't think Newman and Placer will meet. I hope they do. I think Newman will end up playing a much tougher Valley Christian school from WCAL. It happened a few years ago when Jordon Brookshire was QB at Newman and they got beat up pretty bad. Valley Christian is probably the best 7-2 team in Norcal with close loses to undefeated Wilcox and 9-1 St Francis.
Ah but there is a RC out there,maybe a Rancho.....I know it’s a long shot but still a shot.Placer needs to handle business in SJS and there are 4-5 very good teams in SJS D3.....Cap Christian,Merced,Antelope,Yuba City,River ValleySac,CB’s.....Manteca,these teams are all good especially first 4-5 this is no cake walk for the Hillmen these teams are also much bigger(it appears)as well.We’ll see but Imho Placer is not and should not be considered the favorite,several teams can say that in D3.

Still a lot of football left is right. Eureka is 10-0 in NCS and they are quite a wildcard because of location and not many people get to see them play. I know they were solid last year. RC should be very high seed in NCS D2. (maybe #1). Cap Christian is another 10-0 team that is well coached.

I really hope a Newman and Placer could meet up. That would be great against 2 successful programs year in and out.

Reactions: championcif75
Still a lot of football left is right. Eureka is 10-0 in NCS and they are quite a wildcard because of location and not many people get to see them play. I know they were solid last year. RC should be very high seed in NCS D2. (maybe #1). Cap Christian is another 10-0 team that is well coached.

I really hope a Newman and Placer could meet up. That would be great against 2 successful programs year in and out.
Larry that’s the team that has many including myself as a big or HUGE favorite in D3.....Cap Christian,that’s the team to beat,then we can throw in the Placers,Merced’s,Antelopes........CC is team to beat in SJS D3 IMHO.The Eureka Loggers haha in NS D1 I believe they are also a wrench people in SJS or NCS need to watch out for....they are good!

Really?Eureka is NCS,I thought they were NS.......sorry my mistake,whatever they are a threat to someone,lol.

Some Northern Section scores of note:
Durham over Winters 21-7
East Nic over Williams 52-0
Chico over PV 17-10
West Valley over Lassen 21-0

Winters lost?Is Durham that good or just another rivalry game in which records go out the window,lol.
Durham & Winters are not rivals. Durham is and has been very good the last 4 years but has always had East Nic keeping them from Section titles. I would says East Nic and Durham are rivals. Winters is still very good and all 3 will fight for the NS D4 title this year.

Durham & Winters are not rivals. Durham is and has been very good the last 4 years but has always had East Nic keeping them from Section titles. I would says East Nic and Durham are rivals. Winters is still very good and all 3 will fight for the NS D4 title this year.
Thanks this is exactly why I always say “I rely on all your insights and comments”i don’t keep in depth acct of all these teams....excellent tyvm.I keep hearing Winter this and that and to see them lose it’s BIG I guess,so these 3 teams are the bomb huh...ok I’ii keep track more...thank you again.

Grant vs Whitney ended in a brawl. Whitney was chippy all game many believe they were trying to get grant players to react to get ejected for play offs Whitney coach was seen punching players til the grant players started jumping him
Wuts up wit Whitney? Sad Coach hittibg student athletes...if they caught him on Camera he gone..wud there be a 3rd Coach for Whitney in 4 years?

As usual, a big thank you to all that posted game scores this week. I typically travel a few times a year, with this year being no exception, and when i do i can always depend on you posters to keep me in the loop with game scores, even a brief summary or "take away" on the game. Nice job fellas and much appreciated

I'm an Oakdale fan. This was NOT the game of the week LOL. ( just laughing out loud like you) Anyhow, Oakdale can't compete against recruiting. Oakdale's down year against CC's best year in recruiting. NO contest..... If DO or anyone else in D2 even think they have a chance against them this year, DON'T hold your breath. It's NOT happening. But good luck to you. You will need it.
Maybe you can fill us in on this recruiting claim. Sounds like you have inside info....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT