ADVERTISEMENT

Open Division seeding now?

I think they would separate Salesian and Miramonte in the first round. One of the teams would drop to sixth to avoid an all-NCS matchup.

2 games to go still in sections so if I just get the 8 participants correct I"ll be amazed....let along the actual correct seedings/order...lol

But the offer was FIRST correct so I wanted to get my pics in early and take my shot :D

Reactions: OnBall8
Guru - You just wanted the beer.

Mitty
Carondelet
Miramonte
Pinewood
St.Joe’s
Antelope
McClatchy
Salesian

The pattern has generally been to seed the first four, and then complete the bracket by section/geography.

Assuming Carondelet wins NCS D-I, Miramonte wins NCS D-II, and that's an assumption, and Mitty beats Pinewood in the CCS final, the top four seeds would likely be:

1) Mitty
2) Carondelet
3) Pinewood (to avoid a Mitty-Pinewood semifinal rematch)
4) SJS D-I winner, especially if it's SMS

So now filling in the blanks to avoid section matchups,

5) Miramonte
6) NCS runnerup/SJS D-II winner
7) NCS runnerup/SJS D-II winner
8) Salesian

Given the NCS history of low seeds in NorCals, I'm guessing that SJS would successfully lobby for its D-I winner to be seeded higher than the NCS D-II winner.

The SJS D-II winner is in for sure, I think, but could be dropped to the 7th seed to avoid a first-round NCS/NCS matchup.

Now if the SJS D-I or D-II runnerup is the wild card team, then that team would be the seventh seed, again to avoid an all-NCS first-round matchup.

Then again, the committee could decide this is the year to go to pure seeding, or decide that since we have weekday games, playing teams that geographically close together makes more sense than preventing intrasection games.

The pattern has generally been to seed the first four, and then complete the bracket by section/geography.

Assuming Carondelet wins NCS D-I, Miramonte wins NCS D-II, and that's an assumption, and Mitty beats Pinewood in the CCS final, the top four seeds would likely be:

1) Mitty
2) Carondelet

5) Miramonte
8) Salesian

Given the NCS history of low seeds in NorCals, I'm guessing that SJS would successfully lobby for its D-I winner to be seeded higher than the NCS D-II winner.

The SJS D-II winner is in for sure, I think, but could be dropped to the 7th seed to avoid a first-round NCS/NCS matchup.

Now if the SJS D-I or D-II runnerup is the wild card team, then that team would be the seventh seed, again to avoid an all-NCS first-round matchup.

Then again, the committee could decide this is the year to go to pure seeding, or decide that since we have weekday games, playing teams that geographically close together makes more sense than preventing intrasection games.

Clay -

In my humble opinion, I think it will be tough to put the SJS D1 winner in the 4 spot this year(even it's SMS). Bear Creek lost to Carondelet, Cardinal Newman and St. Joseph's. St. Mary's Stockton lost to Heritage, Carondelet and Salesian and McClatchy lost to Heritage. SJS DII, Antelope lost to Bear Creek and Heritage and Sacramento lost to Carondolet, Pinewood and Mitty.

It makes sense to me that the committee takes a deeper look into the games that were played on the court this year.

Reactions: basketba11

1) Mitty
2) Carondelet

5) Miramonte
8) Salesian

I think it all depends on how many NCS schools they'll take . IF they take the traditional 4 it could be:

Carondelet-They will be number 2 if they win
Miramonte (I think they go win or lose to BOD) I think is a top 4 given their current national ranking
Salesian-Even with a win, the loss to SPSV is a killer at the seeding meeting.
NCS D3 Runner up (Cardinal Newman or SJND)
SJ D1 Runner up
Mitty
Pinewood
and can't put a finger on the 8th....

Reactions: UncleYacht
SJS D-II gets a slot -- Antelope or Sacramento both have the credentials. And I think section winners will get the nod over section runnerups, though of course no one knows how they do this.

In fact, the SJS runnerups in D-I and D-II may have as good a shot at the NCS D-III runnerup. Or if O'Dowd beats Miramonte, then O'Dowd is Open and Miramonte might be the runnerup in the Open.

Heritage will most likley take the 7th or 8th slot win or lose against c let. They have wins over Antelope, McClatchy, Saint Mary's Stockton, Cardinal Newman. Pretty impressive resume.

Updated.
1. Mitty
2. Carondelet
3. Pinewood
4. Miramonte
5. Saint Mary's
6. Sacramento
7. Salesian
8. Heritage

Reactions: basketba11
1. Mitty
2. Clet
3. Pinewood
4. Miramonte
5. Bear Creek
6. Salesian
7. Antelope
8. SMS

That's pretty darn close

I looked up the California State Rankings as per Max Preps (as of yesterday's new rankings)

CCS
Mitty-2
Pinewood-4

NCS
Miramonte-10 (number 3 team in Norcal behind Mitty)
Carondelet-11
Salesian-14
Heritage-17
Cardinal Newman 19
Miramonte, Carondelet and Salesian are locks. the fourth will depend on how close the D1 and D3 championship games are.

SJS
McClatchy-15
Antelope-20
SMS-21
Sacramento-30
Folsom-40
Bear Creek-50

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT